Replies

• JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Signed up - Thank you sajeffe :flowerforyou:
  • lb62413
    lb62413 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I just joined the class and am going to roam around and probably join 1-2 others.
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I just joined the class and am going to roam around and probably join 1-2 others.

Awesome first post on the forum. :smile:
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've watched the first 4 or so videos of the Week 1 and I love this! I am really learning a lot of about food and nutrition already. I've been taking notes like I am back in college! So much great information. After learning about the different types of fats, I instantly came to my food diary here to reflect on my numbers. Its only day 1 and I feel like this course has helped me so much already. I am hooked. I also signed up for the Nutrition & Physical Activity course that is being offered by University of Pittsburgh. Its starts on July 15th. Being armed with this information about nutrition is going to help me so much during my weight loss journey. I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. :) Thanks to the OP for posting this link here. I never heard of coursera before this and now I think I'm hooked!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've looked through the forums, and there are some seriously non-evidence-based people setting up shop there... Hopefully that drops off a bit.

I'm here; https://www.coursera.org/user/i/e16f3cdc191c7b73f64e52713cb0f143
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, so I just signed up. Thanks!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I've just watched all the week one videos. Pretty good stuff. From a chemists perspective I didn't know how they got the Omega-3, Omega-6 fatty acid names so that was interesting.

The lady seems sarcastic and I like the shade she throws.

Haven't seen the boards yet, kind of scared now....
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Bump.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xinit0
    Options
    Its only day 1 and I feel like this course has helped me so much already. I am hooked. I also signed up for the Nutrition & Physical Activity course that is being offered by University of Pittsburgh. Its starts on July 15th.

Nice catch! Enrolled in that one too.

https://www.coursera.org/course/nutritionforhealth
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • xinit0
    Options
    I've just watched all the week one videos. Pretty good stuff. From a chemists perspective I didn't know how they got the Omega-3, Omega-6 fatty acid names so that was interesting.

The lady seems sarcastic and I like the shade she throws.

Haven't seen the boards yet, kind of scared now....

Please, DO go to the forums and feel free to contradict and down vote the crazy people posting links to Natural News :)
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xinit0
    Options
    There are a couple potentially interesting courses starting up in July. Added a thread for those:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1028061-a-couple-other-free-courses-july-start
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    how's everyone doing in their course(s)?

I love Nutrition for Health Promotion & Disease Prevention so far. I can't believe we are at Week 5 already. I'm getting used to the format for the Nutrition & Physical Activity course since its a little different than the first one, but all in all I am so happy that I took advantage of signing up for these courses. I take notes in my notebook and I feel like I'm back in college again. Hope everyone is moving along nicely. Also, again if anyone sees any Nutrition/Health/Fitness courses being offered online, please post on the forum.
    :)