Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    sm4astan wrote: »
    Thread closed. Oops, I'm not an Admin, I can't lock a thread. Sigh....

Your last post was also common sense. Then the usual arguers showed up. I'd say please take your helpful advice to other threads where it might be appreciated!

maybe you guys should start a "helpful advice, no arguing" group....

Based on their posts here, it would lack helpful advice. It would contain nothing but admittedly willful ignorance leading to "you go girl" posts without regard to safety, logic, or reason.

You keep using that phrase, but it does not apply to me or the other poster. So judgy you are.

He admitted to not looking at the facts ... therefore it does apply. In your rush to judge you overlooked important details leading to you arguing a position based upon fallacies.

Not getting the facts first is why your advice isn't helpful.

Facts? Everyone here is arguing on assumptions.

So the OP doesn't have a daily goal of 1151 and three pounds to lose? She doesn't have days under 500 calories consumed?

See ... facts.

While your so busy supporting a fast you're missing the very simple fact that the OP is undereating when hitting her "goal".

IF she logs all her food, then some days are under 500. You are assuming she does. (There are also days that nearly double her goal.) You are assuming a lot based on very little unprovable information. Those ain't facts Sweetie.

the only fact that matters is that she wanted to do a 24 hour water fast because she felt like she ate "too much," which is borderline disordered view of eating.

I don't understand why anyone would consider that a normal thought process.

If she said she was considering IF; 5:2; fasting for religious reasons, etc, then OK, I can see the point, but I fail to see who it is considered normal to want to do a water fast just beucase you over ate for a few days or the week, or whatever...

On what do you base the opinion that wanting to control calories through a limited fast is disordered thinking?

that's not what I said.

I said it was "borderline"...

and what do you base your opinion on that overeating one day and then doing a 24 hour water fast is normal?

Normal? I never expressed on opinion on what is normal.

is it normal or not?

I have no idea if it's normal. Normal for whom? But not being normal =/= disordered.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Your last post was also common sense. Then the usual arguers showed up. I'd say please take your helpful advice to other threads where it might be appreciated!

Based on their posts here, it would lack helpful advice. It would contain nothing but admittedly willful ignorance leading to "you go girl" posts without regard to safety, logic, or reason.

You keep using that phrase, but it does not apply to me or the other poster. So judgy you are.

He admitted to not looking at the facts ... therefore it does apply. In your rush to judge you overlooked important details leading to you arguing a position based upon fallacies.

So the OP doesn't have a daily goal of 1151 and three pounds to lose? She doesn't have days under 500 calories consumed?

See ... facts.

While your so busy supporting a fast you're missing the very simple fact that the OP is undereating when hitting her "goal".

IF she logs all her food, then some days are under 500. You are assuming she does. (There are also days that nearly double her goal.) You are assuming a lot based on very little unprovable information. Those ain't facts Sweetie.

the only fact that matters is that she wanted to do a 24 hour water fast because she felt like she ate "too much," which is borderline disordered view of eating.

If she said she was considering IF; 5:2; fasting for religious reasons, etc, then OK, I can see the point, but I fail to see who it is considered normal to want to do a water fast just beucase you over ate for a few days or the week, or whatever...

On what do you base the opinion that wanting to control calories through a limited fast is disordered thinking?

that's not what I said.

and what do you base your opinion on that overeating one day and then doing a 24 hour water fast is normal?

is it normal or not?

I have no idea if it's normal. Normal for whom? But not being normal =/= disordered.

OK ...so your just here to question everyone else and provide zero insight as to what you actually think ..

I don't know why I even bother...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

See ... facts.

that's not what I said.

is it normal or not?

OK ...so your just here to question everyone else and provide zero insight as to what you actually think ..

I already answered the OP's question. And yours.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Just to throw my two pence in - having looked through the OP's diary, for the last couple of weeks (apart from one or two days), she has hit between 1200-1900. Whilst 1200 is aggressive for someone only wanting to lose 3lbs, I would hardly say it rings alarm bells.

I agree that if the OP had some kind of ED, then that way of thinking would be concerning, but there are no facts to prove that, as suggested by somebody above.

Exactly. I've actually gone back a month and I haven't seen a single sub 500 day, and if I missed it that means it was a fluke, either incomplete logging or an anomaly. My sedentary maintenance once I reach my goal weight will be about 1500 calories. Would setting my goal to 1250 to lose the last 3 pounds be an extreme deficit? And would correcting my weekly average with a fast day if I overeat be an eating disorder?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

See ... facts.

that's not what I said.

is it normal or not?

I already answered the OP's question.

I did not ask about OP's question ..

so you can grill everyone else, but you don't like it when you get asked direct questions..?

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

See ... facts.

that's not what I said.

is it normal or not?

I already answered the OP's question.

I did not ask about OP's question ..

so you can grill everyone else, but you don't like it when you get asked direct questions..?

Ask away and I'll answer if I can without hijacking the thread. It would be nice to be afforded the same courtesy though. I am interested in why you think fasting for one day as a means of controlling calories is disordered.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Maybe the OP doesn't even exist. Maybe she is not even Human!!! :s
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

See ... facts.

No facts that we have is OP ate too much one day than wants to consume zero calories the next day to offset that. But it seems like some people see no issues with that? She uses the fast for a weight loss tool and some people see no issue with that.