The Truth About Jillian Michaels

Options
14567810»

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    They all lie to some degree, most consumers know that. I don't like celebrity or non-celebrity pills and other "get thin fast" items but if you can disengage from that, it's fine. Time will tell, like with others, if claims are true or not, but most don't effect us. Lance Armstrong had his supporters who could see no evil, even now, but he did do things that were wrong. Jillian isn't competing in contests or races, what she does or doesn't do to her body is her business. My daughter laughs she doesn't do much on her DVD's though, she walks around most of the time. : )

I like some of her DVD's, they helped me loee weight, but they also bothered my knees a bit. She got better with modifications and not making it seem like you were a "wimp" for not doing the high jumps, etc. That is what would bother me, the "all or nothing" attitude...it sells but is not real. She might have a 400 pound person doing jumping jacks but they are heavily supervised with doctors on site. Some people can never do her advanced. I did notice some DVD's that state that, but not all.
    She knows most people unless they are close to a good weight aren't going to be "shredded" in a month, but it sells. Jessica Smith who does exercise DVD's lamented that they are told they need a catchy phrase, 6 week abs, 5lbs in a week, but she hopes most people know that wont be the case with them. When you are being paid well, you allow the marketing people to market, but hopefully, as with Jillian, most people have improvement, some more than others, and do what is best for them.

As a ps to his comments, I never heard she sued him, maybe thought it wouldn't hurt her image or maybe didn't want some truth, not matter how small, to come out?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Why do we watch one video, and everyone believes it suddenly? o.o

Because the world is filled with haters.

Agreed, I've seen her before and after pics she was way more then 15lbs over weight as for the rest psh again sounds like sour grapes. Besides who says we should believe him (the martial arts trainer) what do we know about him????
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Well, I still find her motivational. I never thought I'd look like her, but she's pretty good at getting people off their butts.
    You want to look like her?

Keep doing whatever you're doing and add a couple of cycles of anavar and test.

Tell her
  • jenbear1980
    Options
    I LOVE the 30DS and to be honest she has motivated me lots through doing that. Whatever she does in her personal life is of no interest to me. I am getting the results I want and that's all I am interested in
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30DS and to be honest she has motivated me lots through doing that. Whatever she does in her personal life is of no interest to me. I am getting the results I want and that's all I am interested in

^^^ This.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    and another bump i'll get fired if I read all this now!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    don't really care about her personal life, love 30DS (although she annoys me to the point she's put on mute and I workout with family guy in the background) !
  • rachb26
    rachb26 Posts: 7
    Options

Me too. I saw this a good few years ago. I don't care what she does in her private life, her DVDs can and do work as we have seen on this site. If this fella had done exactly what she has done - Biggest Loser, DVDs and so forth, I doubt very much he would have been as successful. JM's personality is what has made her a success. As for stealing his 'ideas' well the army has been doing something similar since day dot! It's basic circuit training. I used to do similar training during my karate lessons as a youngster, before JM was even in the spotlight. Because it works! It's just that its marketed in a way that helps us, as consumers, stick it longer than 5 minutes!

As for supplements...well I agree with these points. But if people want to waste their money on this stuff (any supplement) then that's their choice. If it helps them stick to their program's and reach their goals then so be it. It's just my opinion but I think eating fast food everyday is probably a lot worse then some of these so called supplements. But personally, yes it's all for money, as is most things in this industry.

And I think she looks great. A bit too much Botox but as long as her program's are helping people...:)
  • Pookawoman
    Options
    Well love her or hate, she's a marketing genius. I hate to remind people of this but capitalists don't live by happy clappy rules. Also, 25% of us are living reasonably comfortable lives whilst the other 75% of the world live in poverty. So that's point number one dealt with. Point number two, since I started, in March, using her suggestions for lifestyle, fitness and nutrition, I have lost 22lbs and I'm down two jean sizes and looking and feeling the best I have ever done in my entire life. I see media reports and she seems to be just trying to do the best with her life and for her family. At least she's trying to be positive about life and she seems to want to try and do good. Don't be too harsh, everyone is fighting their own battle. x
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I used to like, be her fan girl but I've moved on. Will still buy her DVD's though.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So I just watched that video on Youtube. I'm a fan of Jillian and I have almost all of her DVDs. I mean, it's possible she "stole" some of his training methods and sold them as hers but then again, she can't reinvent the wheel and that trainer of hers can not have invented all of his workout methods himself either.
    As far as taking steroids and smoking drugs ihre concerned - well, illegal, not a great role model but then again: None of my business. Might be something she did when she was younger and tried some things - which doesn't mean that I approve of it. I like her workouts and read some of her books - and quite frankly, I don't care whether she was 70 or 15 pounds overweight, whether that job as a bartender was in a gay bar or not and whether she used to hate kids or not. NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

I agree with all of this!

Sounds like this guy is a nutter, and bitter that he couldn't be successful with the same information that she ended up with (through him or not, it doesn't matter -- if my piano students go on to teach what I've taught them, I'm going to be proud and NOT bitter!!).

I listen to her podcast regularly, and she does not seem fake, she doesn't seem to advertise herself falsely...