Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options
Daisey4522
Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
What is your favorite thing(s) at Trader Joe's?

I absolutely love Trader Joe's. We have one only 1-2 minutes from our home and I am there several times a week. My husband and I try to treat ourselves by trying something new each week. Any suggestions??

Replies

• evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to check it out, they say they have some delish healthy options there. What about "pricing", what is that like?
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has great prices on Kerry Gold butter. It's also a decent place to get a pack of chia seeds.
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes! But only for COOKIE BUTTER! It's super tasty!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    I want to check it out, they say they have some delish healthy options there. What about "pricing", what is that like?

Trader Joe's is great on pricing for most things! They have a lot of their own name on the products. But I hear they hand pick ingredients and taste test everything. I can get some of their high quality products for less price than my regular grocery store.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Trader Joes has great prices on Kerry Gold butter. It's also a decent place to get a pack of chia seeds.

I saw chia seeds, but that was the first time I had ever heard of them. How do you use them?
  • Daisey4522
    Options

It looks like their Cookie Butter has really good reviews. What do you put it on?
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

I saw chia seeds, but that was the first time I had ever heard of them. How do you use them?

I love them! You can put them in yogurt or sprinkle them on top of fruit. You can even make a pudding out of them by soaking 1/4 cup of the seeds in with a cup of coconut milk or regular milk with some agave nectar overnight. Yum!

Good fiber, protein, and omega threes.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Love their Joe-Joes and their Almond Milk. Most of my shopping I do there.
  • kumphort2
    kumphort2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like their trail mixes. They have one called "go raw" which is a mix of raw nuts and raisins, they sell them either in bulk, or in individual packs, which are great for portion control.

I also like their yogurts, with the granola, but those aren't so healthy.

It's a fun store.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    Green tea mochi ice cream, two-buck chuck wine, and cranberry-apple fiber muffins. Years ago TJ's had an amazing fat-free cheesecake that was indistinguishable from the real thing, but alas, they discontinued it. *sadcries*
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    bottled water is really cheap
  • Daisey4522
    Options

I love them! You can put them in yogurt or sprinkle them on top of fruit. You can even make a pudding out of them by soaking 1/4 cup of the seeds in with a cup of coconut milk or regular milk with some agave nectar overnight. Yum!

Good fiber, protein, and omega threes.

Thanks for the ideas!!
  • MySignaturecolour
    MySignaturecolour Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would shop there more often but there isn't one near me. I love Trader Joe's.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I buy my toiletries there more than food...

I do rely on the Quinoa bread though....makes delish french toast
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options

It looks like their Cookie Butter has really good reviews. What do you put it on?

I usually put it on apples but sometimes eat it from the container...it's def a dessert spread, nothing truly healthy in it but the taste is fantastic! Moderation is key.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is great on pricing for most things! They have a lot of their own name on the products. But I hear they hand pick ingredients and taste test everything. I can get some of their high quality products for less price than my regular grocery store.

This is true. My niece works there. At closing they each get to pick a product and the employees all get together and sample each other's choices.

Sadly, our closest TJ's is 2 hours away, or I would be there every minute. Chicken hot dogs!
  • Daisey4522
    Options

I usually put it on apples but sometimes eat it from the container...it's def a dessert spread, nothing truly healthy in it but the taste is fantastic! Moderation is key.

I absolutely LOVE trying new things, even if that means I can only have a taste. The great thing is, my husband could not get fat if he tried, so he eats the remains :)

For example, I love baking and cooking, so I made French Macarons for the first time this weekend. I did not even eat a whole on myself. I just took a bite out of his and he took half of them to work and the remaining half he is eating. I'm pretty proud of my willpower to resist ;)
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love their crunchy, salted Peanut Butter, I won't buy any other kind! I also like their flourless sprouted wheat bread, Almond Milk, and their Arrabiata sauce. I do most of my shopping there.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

I bet their Kerry Gold Butter is not as cheap as Costco?

I buy their 100% cranberry juice. Seems they are the only one that sell 100% CJ
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Oh cool Southpaw! I did not know that. I will be really sad when we move if there is not a trader joe's close by.