Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered edamame! It is always a must when I go there. I also enjoy the krispy seaweed=like kale chips. very yummy snack
  • oneredwytch
    oneredwytch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried something new from their sample table last week, it was yummy! Made with their 10 Minute Farro which is high in protein 10g; fat 1.5g; fiber 5g; and Iron 10%.

Made the recipe from the side of the pkg which is what the sample was. But I don't know what the nutrients were yet. It was so good that DH liked it as well so will be imputing recipe here to find out.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joes. The only problem is the closet one to us is 3 hours away. So anytime I get to one, I stock up on my favorite things such as the Lite Kettle Corn, Unsalted Pistachios and the Strawberry Bars. I wish we had one in our town!!!
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love the Reduced Guilt Guacamole. I use it on sandwiches too. The cookie butter is tasty, I put it on graham crackers but it's dangerous!
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love TJ's. Have one 1/2 mile from me and I am there ALOT! :) Their prices are averaged across the country so all prices are the same at all TJ's (at least that's what one of their employees told me). Just make sure you continue to read labels. I love that I can get organic condiments there made with real sugar instead of HFCS. Love their marinaras and hummus. But read read read. Processed food is still processed food! :)
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I shop at Trader Joe's often...amazing store. Where do I begin?

Organic bagged lettuce and baby spinach
    Fresh organic chicken breasts
    Fresh Angus tri-tip
    Cheddar Cheese sticks
    Fruit (I love their specials on nectarines, kiwis, and bananas)
    Joe's O's cereal
    Rice Mac N' Cheese
    Organic marinara sauce
    Organic creamy peanut butter
    Psyllium Husks (at a great price!)
    Fresh (not frozen) Chicken Tamales (they have them around the holidays)
    Frozen Beef tamales
    Frozen Enchiladas
    Frozen taquitos
    Organic cane sugar
    Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
    Frozen peas and green beans
    Frozen soy corn dogs
    Organic ketchup and mustard
    WINE!!!
    Fresh pressed apple juice (addictive as crack)
    Swiss Dark Chocolate bars
    Fiberful bars in Apricot
    Garlic fries
    Organic cage free extra large eggs
    Dried cranberries
    Individual packages of walnuts and raw almonds
    Water (their brand of water is from the CG Roxane source...same as Crystal Geyser)
    Cranberry oatmeal

....and probably much more that I'm forgetting. I <3 TJ's!!!
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What is this cookie butter you speak of? Hmmm must find some! :D

from what I read it tastes just like the cookies they give you on some airplanes. Almost like a biscuit.

I've heard the TJ's cookie butter is addictive but I myself prefer the dark chocolate almond butter (made in Belgium!!!)

Like Biscoff spread?
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of my shopping there. Their own brands are reasonably priced. Their frozen fish is minimally processed. I like their stuffed raviolis and selection of canned fish (dolphin safe). Their own brand of unsweetened soy milk is great. I also like their brand of raw almonds and dried organic (or not) cranberries. Many of their dried fruit selections do not have sulfur added to them.

When I lived in NJ, the TJ's was 10 minutes away, now I live in Charleston SC, and it's an hour. But we shop there once a month and it works out.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's!! I go there for bananas, avocados, goddess salad dressing, etc. etc. They have very decent prices for the quality of food and I love how they tend to have something different every week.

OH!! ANDDDD I love their flowers!
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love their Joe-Joes and their Almond Milk. Most of my shopping I do there.

^^^^Yes, their almond milk is great and it costs about $1 less than Silk Almond Original at other stores. Also, their version of Sunbutter is better than the Sunbutter brand and I can go through a jar of that in a week easy. Plus, you can't find sunflower seed butter everywhere, yet. I love it!!!
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Kalamata olive (sp?) hummus, chipotle hummus, chocolate covered banana bites, any and all of their crackers, their salad dressings, their fruit leathers etc. anything. I usually just look at prices, and if its less than 1.99 I take a look at the product and usually end up picking it up.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love the Reduced Guilt Guacamole. I use it on sandwiches too. The cookie butter is tasty, I put it on graham crackers but it's dangerous!

I chop up chicken mix that Guacamole in and stuff it in a pita and my daughter is in heaven.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TJ's! I shop there for 90% of my groceries :) I am currently addicted to their "nacho" kale chips--pricey, but worth it. I also love their kale dip. Great for veggies and crackers and is made with Greek yogurt instead of all mayo.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Yed I love tj, there is one within walking distance. But I get carried away and buy way too much once I get there then I have to carry it all back home diffinately a good workout

I love their
    Chai tea
    Premade salads
    Pumpkin butter (it is seasonal)
    Spicy broccoli beef
    Kettle corn
    Baked onion rings
    Hummus favorite is spicy pepper or garlic
    Chicken sausages (110 cals)
    Crumpets
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I shop at Aldi, which is a "brother" store of Trader Joe's. AND I LOVE IT! Way better prices, just off brand stuff which is perfectly fine with me! Some people dont understand how to shop at Aldi, because it is a different kind of store BUT I worked there and I can explain everything and why they do everything!!! It's all for saving money, both for them and for the customer! LOVE IT!

Aldi is the parent company, and the store brand items at both stores are largely the same.

TJs loves:
    sweet potato fries
    frozen mandarin orange chicken
    frozen brown rice
    lime floes
    tomato basil hummis
    mini goat cheese
    wasabi almonds
    This Fig Walked Into A bars
    pumpkin greek yogurt (in the fall)
    carne asada
    adobo chicken
    tomato red pepper soup
    lemon pepper pasta
    vodka sauce
    olive oil (CHEAP)
    peanut butter pretzels
    unsweetened almond milk
    pizza dough
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is my main store for food shopping, I love them.

Chicken Pacific Salad
    Sesame Soy Ginger Salad Dressing
    Arabatia tomato sauce
    Masala Vegetarian Burger
    Chipotle Humus
    Endamame Humus
    Garlic Talapia
    Spicy Pork Roast
    BBQ pulled chicken
    Quinoa Vegatable Melange (frozen)
    Almond Milk
    Raspberry Jello
    Quinoa bread

And that is what I can think of just off the top of my head. I shop their for the majority of my produce too because it is cheaper there to get organic than at most stores.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just recently started shopping there and am addicted. Cheap coconut oil, dried wasabi seaweed chips, almond milk, kimchi, dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, and wine...all of the wine.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    :)
  • rjc0914
    rjc0914 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through the thread to see if this was mentioned...but I love the Honey Sesame Almonds and Cashews they have. Great for a filling snack or on top of a salad.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    joes.JPG

HPIM2156.jpg

tumblr_md4kqtHAVy1qlmjgm.jpg