Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone mentioned, but their Greek Yogurt Kale and Spinach dip is awesome! I love it and am so sad when its run out. Also, the Chicken Shu Mai is great, and I love the Harvest Chopped Salad, and quite a few other salads. Mmmmmm!

We shop at Costco once a week, then I usually go to Trader Joe's for smaller amts of ingredients, and then Sprouts for most produce.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    We FINALLY have a Trader Joe's coming to Denver!! They started construction in March '13, and I swear there are people holding a vigil out there until it's done!! :bigsmile:
  • syaro
    syaro Posts: 1
    Options
    I loveeee Trader Joe's!

Some recent favorites: roasted garlic chicken sausage (I hear the apple variety is good too!), creamy hummus, whole wheat pizza dough, cheap avocados, cheap cheese selection especially the smoked gouda, & their tzatziki sauce is pretty good.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/

i try a variety of things from TJ's but my weekly staples are

just chicken strips they are quick and convenient meal especially good on salads or just by themselves when you need a protein boost.

turkey jerky

vegetable egg rolls

pineapple salsa good to put on top of your chicken or fish

baked crunchies are my guilty pleasure i figure since they are baked they are better than having cheetos

some other things i pick up from time to time

buffalo chicken meatballs
    kim chi
    and then whatever else catches my eye when i am in there.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I want to check it out, they say they have some delish healthy options there. What about "pricing", what is that like?
    Trader Joe's prices are low. On some things, I've seen better prices than at Walmart.
  • ellies_12
    ellies_12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Trader Joe's is one of the only places you can find affordable, natural (unsalted, unanything) peanut butter. It's at Whole Foods for literally DOUBLE the price. Their unsweetened mangoes are also to die for. I'm currently living abroad and just thinking about them makes my mouth water. Also love their vegetable masala burgers, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and non-dairy options like cultured coconut milk yogurt and non-dairy cream cheese!
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've been making my shopping list from this board ;) !!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've been making my shopping list from this board ;) !!!

ok in that case, these are pretty much my set items I get everytime I go:

Spicy Thai Style pasta salad with chicken (in with the premade salads)
    Chicken, Avacado and Goat Cheese salad
    Chicken Tikka Masala <- amazing if you like indian food
    really inexpensive bananas
    eggplant towers
    all of their pre-made wraps are good
    Pizza Al Pollo Asado- this is a mexican style pizza on corn masa crust, with chicken, refried beans, jack cheese and a salsa
    Black Bean & Corn Enchilada
    I always stock up on any other their quinoa (red, white, trio)
    Cookie Butter
    Any of their hummus flavors
    plantain chips
    guilt free trail mix
    the have low sodium surfboard shaped tortilla chips that are good

I'm sure there are other things I'll think of but these are all from my most recent additions on here haha
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The blueberry and cranberry goat cheeses. Delicious. Throw it in a salad with some of their sweet apple chicken sausages. Mmmm.

They have the cheapest goat cheeses, too. Half the price of any other grocery store!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm so anxious for my next TJ's run. You guys brought up a few items that I have not thought to try and some I haven't found yet.

~Can't Wait To Try~
    I have not found the Muscat Champagne Dressing yet! Ugh!
    Cookie Butter eh?!? Mmm
    Black Bean & Corn Enchilada
    Wraps
    Quinoa Bread
    Kale Chips

~TJ's Favs~
    Veggie and Flaxseed Tortilla Chips
    Guacomole
    White Cheddar Puffins
    Nuts
    Brown rice Medley
    Apple Butter
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's. I once declined a job because they had no TJ's in the area (well, it was A factor, not the factor).

I'm very saddened that they no longer sell parathas. Those were SO good. Paratha + Lamb Vindaloo (also from TJ's) is better than 80% of standard Indian restaurants in the US.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I had never shopped at Trader Joe's (I wasn't even sure what Trader Joe's was) until I moved where I am now. Now, there's one about ten minutes away from where I work. I go there almost every night because their Luna bars are cheaper than any other grocery store in the area. I'm also fond of their shampoo, conditioner, and facial moisturizer. :)
  • FocusEnergy
    Options
    I do shop there.
    They have some great bread with a lot of fiber!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's!

Stuff I buy regularly:
    Rustic Sourdough Bread
    Frozen Naan (awesome for making individual pizzas on the grill!)
    Frozen green beans
    Best Ketchup EVER - seriously, better than Heinz!
    BBQ sauce!
    Relish
    Refried black beans
    Rice crackers with flaxseed & soy sauce - super tasty snack
    Red pepper hummus is delicious!
    Tahini sauce (for making your hummus, so grab a can of garbanzo beans, too!)
    Dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt turbinado sugar - heaven!
    All their dark chocolate bars are good
    Peanut butter (good for dipping squares of awesome dark chocolate!)
    Greek yogurt! I get their 2% because it has more protein than the full fat - weird.
    Chocolately Cat Cookies
    Cinnamon ABC cookies
    Dark chocolate chunk & almond cookies
    Pop Chips (cheaper than the real brand and taste the same!)
    Corn & Chili salsa
    Green Salsa
    Pineapple Salsa
    Multi-grain oatmeal
    Dog treats! My dogs beg for them!
    Face lotion with sunscreen, I can't remember what it's called exactly...
    The wine department is always fun! They have good descriptions for wine newbies like me, and great prices!
  • Weeblessings
    Weeblessings Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just 1 THING?! lol. Sorry we love Trader Joe's. We only get to go about 1x a month since it's 2.5hrs drive away from us. SO we stock up on gluten free brown rice noodles, almond milk, fresh produce, the pepperiment shampoo/conditioner, enviro kidz gluten free gorilla munch cereal for our kids, granola, milk, eggs...and as a treat my kids and I get the gluten free dark chocolate peanut butter cups SOOOO much better then the Reese PB cups. :-) I'm not sure what else I'm missing.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I go to Trader Joe's twice a month. I usually buy their frozen fruits for my smoothies. They are so cheap! I also like their popcorn and I just discovered their BBQ sauce. Sooo good! I also by oils, flours, and spices. They have pretty good prices.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I want to check it out, they say they have some delish healthy options there. What about "pricing", what is that like?

The pricing is a lot lower in many items than the grocery store. Why? Because they are privately owned and don't deal with union and all that is related. Cereal, bread, dairy, produce all less expensive.

Everything is yummy, One of our favorites is the Arbaratti (sp) sauce.

Oh and their products are organic and all GMO Free!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, creamy with sea salt. Coconut chips are good too. Chili spiced mango (crack mango is what I call that stuff).
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Lately I'm super into their sunflower seed butter and their non-dairy vanilla creamer for my coffee!