Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• madwill77
    madwill77 Posts: 8
    Options
    Their Frozen Shrimp Stir-Fry is amazing. The entire bag is 170 calories and filling! I highly recommend it.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    :)
    totally addicted to TJ's! It is right next to the gym I go to so Saturday mornings is a routine I can't seem to break:love: I just love everything I've ever tried there but a must try is the chile lime chicken burgers, the flatbreads (all varieties just amazing) and I am a HUGE hummas fan and theirs is the best. I swear if I could get a job there I would be in heaven:heart:
  • skinnyrunner2
    Options
    Try the pre-made tabouli (basically quinoa, parsley and tomato salad). Its in a container on the wall near the produce section. That with some whole wheat pita bread? mmmmmmmm :)
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Almost any produce (19 cent bananas!), almond milk, coconut oil, frozen berries and veggies, raw crunchy unsalted almond butter, lite coconut milk, dried fruit, nuts, rolled oats, lite string cheese and feta cheese, tuna in oil, coconut oil cooking spray.... And my guilty pleasure of carnitas.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I don't have one near me, but I found it is the only place in my city to find Ezekiel bread, which is sprouted grain bread that is made with lentils and other good stuff. If I have a few minutes when I happen to be near a TJ, I stop in to buy a loaf of that... and maybe a bottle of whatever wine they have on special :)

Sprouts Market has Ezekiel bread as well. that's where we buy ours. I've also started finding it in the regular grocery store (Safeway/Pavilions/Vons) in the freezer section.

My Sprouts (which is also far from me) doesn't have it either. The Safeway near my house doesn't carry things like that. I'll have to check the Safeway by my office.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    They have really good pre-made sandwiches too. We like to grab those before road trips.
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes! But only for COOKIE BUTTER! It's super tasty!

It looks like their Cookie Butter has really good reviews. What do you put it on?

I usually put it on apples but sometimes eat it from the container...it's def a dessert spread, nothing truly healthy in it but the taste is fantastic! Moderation is key.

I put it on celery. I can't stand celery, but the cookie butter makes it bearable. And I convince myself it's healthy that way!
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    My suggestion is groundless-ground beef! I love this from TJ's. It is in the refrigerator section.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-klfiDpRPuRE/TpfDNd5NvjI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/cxDy79qoL8U/s1600/IMG_3411.JPG

Also Organic Dark Chocolate Truffle - great to have a piece or two in the morning with coffee:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nkHgKUe4ams/T7gflykSMQI/AAAAAAAAANI/JQ9c_17rTb0/s1600/trader+joes+chocolate.JPG

Also, I find this one other chocolate bar is even better for natural digestion. A piece or two just stimulates your cycle.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LqbGiE1RyhU/TR-SzPHxx2I/AAAAAAAACWM/Lv6FqUnGWus/s1600/010.JPG
    (I think the back has an insert about this stimulation, haha!)

Good luck! I hope chocolate suggestions are okay.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Kalamata olive (sp?) hummus, chipotle hummus, chocolate covered banana bites, any and all of their crackers, their salad dressings, their fruit leathers etc. anything. I usually just look at prices, and if its less than 1.99 I take a look at the product and usually end up picking it up.

I have serious love for their canned olives. No salt added, so I can dump them into a container with vinegar, which they soak up. Voila. Sour olives without all the salt of the ones in jars.
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    There wine section is AWESOME! oh and its really really really cheap! like 3-10 dollars for a bottle!

haha but besides the booze, their hummus is pretty tasty!

I love the Three Layer Hummus they sell. I like to dip their thin savory edamame crackers in it. Yuuuum.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Great thread!!
    I love their ready made grilled chicken, so easy to have for lunch! Also their apricot salsa sauce also goes very well cooked with chicken, and it's only 25 calories per tbsp.
    Also love their rice pudding and tapioca pudding.

Oh and one last thing they sell weetabix cereal there (British cereal) for 2.99$!! It's $6.17 at stop and shop. Love trader joes!!!

Thanks!!

I'm glad I started this thread too -- I'm getting tons of great ideas for future purchases :)
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    So I just went there last night. I have one of the good TJs. The baked goods and fresh stuff come from a baker 20 minutes away. The wine tastings are fantastic (just got a $6 bottle last night--there are so many wines and beers there that they highlight in the free tastings).

It's my staple for pantry items like organic beans, pasta, sauce. Also yogurt. We love the frozen veggies and appetizers. The organic chicken that is in brine is great when cooked in a crock pot.

The wraps and salads are good to buy if you need a pre made lunch for a road trip or hike.

And the employees actually seem to like working there.

Also, the peanut butter filled pretzels are my kryptonite.

I really, really, really wanted to try the peanut butter filled pretzels, but I saw the calories and thought I would not be able to eat much. I think you could have 8 and it would be 140 calories or something. But now that I found out that it is your kryptonite, I think I'm going to have to try it!
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i love trader joes, my fave store, i shop there everyweek, its only 5 min from my house.

i love their (frozen) grilled asparagus its easy to heat up 5 min at most and its easy to put together wit my lunch,
    they now have the joe joes (oreo cookies) gluten free and their amazing but its like 130 calories for 2 cookies :(
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    My suggestion is groundless-ground beef! I love this from TJ's. It is in the refrigerator section.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-klfiDpRPuRE/TpfDNd5NvjI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/cxDy79qoL8U/s1600/IMG_3411.JPG

Also Organic Dark Chocolate Truffle - great to have a piece or two in the morning with coffee:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nkHgKUe4ams/T7gflykSMQI/AAAAAAAAANI/JQ9c_17rTb0/s1600/trader+joes+chocolate.JPG

Also, I find this one other chocolate bar is even better for natural digestion. A piece or two just stimulates your cycle.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LqbGiE1RyhU/TR-SzPHxx2I/AAAAAAAACWM/Lv6FqUnGWus/s1600/010.JPG
    (I think the back has an insert about this stimulation, haha!)

Good luck! I hope chocolate suggestions are okay.

When are Chocolate Suggestions NOT okay? LOL! I <3 Chocolate! Especially high cocoa content chocolate!
  • fuschiagirl99
    fuschiagirl99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Their cilantro salad dressingis really tasty as well as the herb popcorn. Both are low cal.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nope we are small town we dont have trader joes
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    suggestions-
    [kiwi
    spaghetti squash
    zucchini
    strawberries
    blueberries
    greek yogurt
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    sunsweet dark chocolate plum sweets
    skineless, boneless chicken breast
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    egg plant
    fried green tomatoes
    green bean fries
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Melinda -- I saw you said that you do not shop at Trader Joe't but you posted some "suggestions". Are these suggestions of things to find at other stores? I love spaghetti squash and skinny cow ice cream, but I have not seen either at Trader Joe's.