Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• lizziemei
    lizziemei Posts: 1
    Options
    I went from living two blocks from one to the closest being two and a half hours away. But I love the place so much, especially when I can walk there. I used their reduced fat coconut milk for a lot of baking. And they were a good source for Think Thin bars, which kind of save me for a quick healthy breakfast.

Ooh and as a special treat their reduced fat brie is awesome.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I looooove me some Trader Joes! I do all my grocery shopping there. They have organic produce at the best prices. I love their organic persian cucumbers!

This is not healthy at all but they have these Laceys Cookies.... O.M.G its the best stuff Ive ever tasted.

Their kettle corn (the one in the pink bag) is sooo good, too! And 2.5 cups is only 130 calories.
  • Islandgirl_Aja
    Islandgirl_Aja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love love love trader joes!! here are some of my favorites

Fiberful granola bars only 130 cal 9 grams of fiber
    Dried Fruits- Coconut Strips Yum!
    Frozen Meals low cal super good!
    Ready to eat edamame
    Coconut Oil great for cooking and to mousturize your skin :)
    Cheap Wine
    Nuts
    Frozen Fruits great topping for Yogurt
    Greek Yogurt Mango Strawberry etc
    Plantain chips
    I
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I shop at Aldi, which is a "brother" store of Trader Joe's. AND I LOVE IT! Way better prices, just off brand stuff which is perfectly fine with me! Some people dont understand how to shop at Aldi, because it is a different kind of store BUT I worked there and I can explain everything and why they do everything!!! It's all for saving money, both for them and for the customer! LOVE IT!
  • hilaryhill
    Options
    I don't have one near me, but I found it is the only place in my city to find Ezekiel bread, which is sprouted grain bread that is made with lentils and other good stuff. If I have a few minutes when I happen to be near a TJ, I stop in to buy a loaf of that... and maybe a bottle of whatever wine they have on special :)

Oh yeah, love their Ezekiel bread!

ETA: I got some chocolate coconut milk ice cream from there last night. MMMM so good and half the calories of regular chocolate ice cream.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I miss TJ's *SO* much... one of the few things I miss from San Diego. My favorite stuff to buy there was the fish. I can't find Wahoo out here (actually, I have, once) - but I'm hoping when they get one of the two they are opening here done, I can find it again! That, and I LOVE the canned crab to make my own crabcakes.

ETA: Oh, and who can forget, the Kenyan Peaberry Coffee?!?!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I don't have one near me, but I found it is the only place in my city to find Ezekiel bread, which is sprouted grain bread that is made with lentils and other good stuff. If I have a few minutes when I happen to be near a TJ, I stop in to buy a loaf of that... and maybe a bottle of whatever wine they have on special :)

Sprouts Market has Ezekiel bread as well. that's where we buy ours. I've also started finding it in the regular grocery store (Safeway/Pavilions/Vons) in the freezer section.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    FREEZE DRIED MANGOS!!!!!! OMG! Also lentil chips, chicken/roasted garlic/fontina sausages, and wine!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yes! But only for COOKIE BUTTER! It's super tasty!

Yes, this. Warning though, you're not going to be able to stop yourself from taking a spoon and eating it right from the jar...
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    Cheesy Puffs. Hands down.

OH AND THE COOKIE BUTTER...HOW DID I FORGET?!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    So I just went there last night. I have one of the good TJs. The baked goods and fresh stuff come from a baker 20 minutes away. The wine tastings are fantastic (just got a $6 bottle last night--there are so many wines and beers there that they highlight in the free tastings).

It's my staple for pantry items like organic beans, pasta, sauce. Also yogurt. We love the frozen veggies and appetizers. The organic chicken that is in brine is great when cooked in a crock pot.

The wraps and salads are good to buy if you need a pre made lunch for a road trip or hike.

And the employees actually seem to like working there.

Also, the peanut butter filled pretzels are my kryptonite.
  • hilaryhill
    Options
    What is this cookie butter you speak of? Hmmm must find some! :D
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The salted chocolate caramels. The 3-packs of dark chocolate almond bars. And their chai tea mix.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you like fish, they have a good ginger soy (?) cod in the frozen section. It's been awhile since I've gotten it (the closest TJs is 4 hrs.).
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    TJ's has great prices for nuts and cheese! I stock up on frozen kale - one of the few stores that carries it. I also pick up various dark chocolate bars when I'm there. If PA wasn't stuck in the Dark Ages, I'd love to buy some of their wine
  • Onesnap
    Options
    What is this cookie butter you speak of? Hmmm must find some! :D

from what I read it tastes just like the cookies they give you on some airplanes. Almost like a biscuit.

I've heard the TJ's cookie butter is addictive but I myself prefer the dark chocolate almond butter (made in Belgium!!!)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I will soon be moving somewhere close to a Trader Joe's (and a Whole Foods and Fresh Market) so I am enjoy the information on this thread. I visited once when I was in town with family, but didn't get as good of a look as I would have liked.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    TJ's has great prices for nuts and cheese! I stock up on frozen kale - one of the few stores that carries it. I also pick up various dark chocolate bars when I'm there. If PA wasn't stuck in the Dark Ages, I'd love to buy some of their wine

The chopped greens (organic) are great too. The kale in particular saves a lot of work as do the frozen leeks!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I will soon be moving somewhere close to a Trader Joe's (and a Whole Foods and Fresh Market) so I am enjoy the information on this thread. I visited once when I was in town with family, but didn't get as good of a look as I would have liked.

some are better than others. We only have a few in MA that carry wine and beer and those are the superior TJs in terms of fresh products as well (store making more $$ = better quality offered in that store).
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love their Orange Muscat champange vinegar...great for a dressing on salads. yummy and healthy....checkit out!