Carbs after lunch?

Options

Replies

• portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Ever hear of the Twinkie Diet? I am by no means advocating just eating twinkies, or pizza for that matter, but for the sole purpose of weight loss you will lose weight at a calorie deficit doing either of those things. And you know everyone's metabolism slows somewhat eating at a calorie deficit for a prolonged period, right?
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    no it would not work, your body will realize that haves no energy during the day...

will do what it does better, will reduce your metabolism in the effort to save more energy and spend energy slower...

Can I ask you a question? how do you know the calories you need during the day?

i would like you to explain to me... just this question..

by calculating both BMR and TDEE.

^^This. I used online calculators to estimate my calorie needs. Is it 100% accurate? No, it's an estimate. It provides a good baseline to get started from. I then subtracted 500 cals from my TDEE to create a deficit that should result in a 1lb loss per week. Now, as it turns out, I appear to be losing a little faster than that (despite eating pizza and gelato), so we could safely assume that my TDEE is actually a little higher than the estimate.

You are correct, my point was never it didn't work, it was you can manage your macros to work even better and eat more.

When i was younger i dieted in low calories, all i care was calories and numbers, the problem was that i was hungry all time, managing your diet can make it so much better.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    So you aren't going to answer my post to you?
  • portugaline
    Options
    BMR calculates your metabolism based on age. so is not a accurate number because the metabolism can change much from person to person. also your body composition affects your metabolism...

lol wut? Basal metabolic rate for one individual, calculated for age right now, size, weight, height and activity level is not accurate? With body measurements? I don't know what kind of steroids you use, but I think they are affecting your thinking.....

once again i have been polite to everyone, don't know you from anywhere please responde polite or no need to talk.

Please scroll back to my longer post above and answer my post to you.

remove your bad words i will answer and talk all you want
  • portugaline
    Options

also tell me the time of your answer cannot find it
  • mccindy72
    Options

Portugaline, some people do only eat one meal a day. If it's below their daily calorie goals, they lose weight. some of the people I know who do this are health care workers who work 12-hours or more at a stretch. They use their time off to sleep.
    Some people only eat twice a day. Some people eat six times a day. It doesn't matter how many times a day you eat, if you are at or below deficit, you will lose weight.
    Whether or not you will be healthy depends on macros and overall nutrient intake. Which is why I was saying earlier it's not necessary to cut carbs, as a well-rounded diet is a better idea.
  • portugaline
    Options
    well i don't understand what i said agains your words, what i have been saying is that you can manage yourself to eat more.

they may need only 2000 calories and be eating 1800, ok.
    but if they eat more times, if they eat the right foods, would not they be able to boost there metabolism and eat 2000 calories a day and still lose the same weight because they have a faster metabolism and can eat more?

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Portugaline, some people do only eat one meal a day. If it's below their daily calorie goals, they lose weight. some of the people I know who do this are health care workers who work 12-hours or more at a stretch. They use their time off to sleep.
    Some people only eat twice a day. Some people eat six times a day. It doesn't matter how many times a day you eat, if you are at or below deficit, you will lose weight.
    Whether or not you will be healthy depends on macros and overall nutrient intake. Which is why I was saying earlier it's not necessary to cut carbs, as a well-rounded diet is a better idea.

This is true, I eat up to midnight and have lost a lot of freaking weight, explain to me where it went. I eat ice cream and candy bars and potato chips.
  • portugaline
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

This is true, I eat up to midnight and have lost a lot of freaking weight, explain to me where it went. I eat ice cream and candy bars and potato chips.

Like i said before, you are losing weight because you are eating less than you need in term of "energy" calories. But if you add some rules to your diet you can eat a lot more and still lose weight.

Tell me every time you lose weight and you want to lose even more weight what you do? low the calories down?
  • mccindy72
    Options
    well i don't understand what i said agains your words, what i have been saying is that you can manage yourself to eat more.

but if they eat more times, if they eat the right foods, would not they be able to boost there metabolism and eat 2000 calories a day and still lose the same weight because they have a faster metabolism and can eat more?

1 - none of this is what you have been saying previously.
    2 - changing what you eat doesn't 'boost your metabolism' -you can't do that with food.
    3 - eating in a calorie deficit is how a person loses weight, period. Exercise gives a small increase in the calorie deficit, but is for fitness, not for weight loss.
  • adamitri
    Options

Like i said before, you are losing weight because you are eating less than you need in term of "energy" calories. But if you add some rules to your diet you can eat a lot more and still lose weight.

Tell me every time you lose weight and you want to lose even more weight what you do? low the calories down?

Actually I should be eating more than I am now. I've lost 30lbs in the last three months and my doctor told me to up my calories. On the other end of the scale I'm no longer ravenously hungry so I'm not going to eat anymore when my body doesn't need it. CICO works, if I eat over what it takes to maintain I will gain weight pure and simple. It does not matter what I eat. I used to be a heavy offender of meats, fruits and cheeses.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Yes, you increase your calorie deficit as your weight decreases, that's how it works. The smaller you are, the fewer calories your body needs to maintain itself. The BMR decreases as the body gets smaller. If a person wants to eat more calories, that person needs to add in more exercise.
  • portugaline
    Options

2 - changing what you eat doesn't 'boost your metabolism' -you can't do that with food.
    3 - eating in a calorie deficit is how a person loses weight, period. Exercise gives a small increase in the calorie deficit, but is for fitness, not for weight loss.

1- Read all
    2- even green tea can give a little boost to your metabolism
    3- wrong, exercise don't creates only a increase in calorie deficit, exercise boost your metabolism! there are even some type of quick cardio workouts made to speed up your metabolism.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Ever hear of the Twinkie Diet? I am by no means advocating just eating twinkies, or pizza for that matter, but for the sole purpose of weight loss you will lose weight at a calorie deficit doing either of those things. And you know everyone's metabolism slows somewhat eating at a calorie deficit for a prolonged period, right?
    no it would not work, your body will realize that haves no energy during the day...

will do what it does better, will reduce your metabolism in the effort to save more energy and spend energy slower...

Can I ask you a question? how do you know the calories you need during the day?

i would like you to explain to me... just this question..

by calculating both BMR and TDEE.

^^This. I used online calculators to estimate my calorie needs. Is it 100% accurate? No, it's an estimate. It provides a good baseline to get started from. I then subtracted 500 cals from my TDEE to create a deficit that should result in a 1lb loss per week. Now, as it turns out, I appear to be losing a little faster than that (despite eating pizza and gelato), so we could safely assume that my TDEE is actually a little higher than the estimate.

You are correct, my point was never it didn't work, it was you can manage your macros to work even better and eat more.

When i was younger i dieted in low calories, all i care was calories and numbers, the problem was that i was hungry all time, managing your diet can make it so much better.

No. You can get a decent protein intake and combine it with strength training to preserve as much LBM as possible while you lose weight, which will help keep your metabolism from dropping further than it otherwise might if you didn't do that, but you can't eat more. If you have a medical condition that involves some level of insulin resistance, lowering your carb intake may indeed allow you to eat more (because it affects the CICO equation), but for someone who doesn't have insulin resistance it makes no difference whatsoever. I'm a prime example of this - I have PCOS, and when I'm overweight I have some IR. I took this into account when setting my macro split, because if I didn't I would lose weight at a fricking snail's pace. I've crossed that magical threshold now, and could quite happily increase my carb intake without it slowing down my weight loss. I choose not to, because I happen to like the way I'm eating, but I know that if I do decide to have a carb-heavy day or week it's not going to set me back (other than some water weight, which doesn't bother me).
  • mccindy72
    Options

1- Read all
    3- wrong, exercise don't creates only a increase in calorie deficit, exercise boost your metabolism! there are even some type of quick cardio workouts made to speed up your metabolism.

Only while you are exercising.
  • adamitri
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.
  • portugaline
    Options

1- Read all

Only while you are exercising.

search HIT cardio and why it boosts your metabolism over the day
  • portugaline
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.
This discussion has been closed.