Carbs after lunch?

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

That's far from what you've been saying.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Diet is why you lose weight, exercise is for health. You cannot out run a bad diet no matter how much exercise you do.

all i have been saying is to get a good diet and not a junk food diet looking only for calories.

So you're looking at nutrition and not weight loss then. I agree nutritionally we should aim to hit our macros but after that feel free to have a treat. As long as you stay in a deficit you will not gain weight. Now if I over consume than yes the weight is going to come back.
  • portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Exacly, if you eat to much protein even more insulin is released and some of the protein will be converted in glicose by the body, the point carbs and calories are not the enemy, is the way you eat them to make your body have the best performance possible.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Exacly, if you eat to much protein even more insulin is released and some of the protein will be converted in glicose by the body, the point carbs and calories are not the enemy, is the way you eat them to make your body have the best performance possible.

how should we eat them?

Everyone is different, i get lean as hell and almost never drop bellow 300 grams carbs per day, but i try to avoid bad fats, and my carbs are all complex carbs, fiber i have a lot, and in every meal. But i don't cut carbs at night, the right carbs make me burn more fat and fell better, i fell great on diet. the wrong carbs i get fat as hell in weeks

Wait, there are bad fats and right and wrong carbs??? Please expand.

Think of carbs like energy nothing more.

if you get carbs that get the energy to you slower you will have energy more time, fell better more time and will end up eating a lot more of volume, usually complex carbs and fiber foods have much more volume than simple sugars.

if you eat fast carbs, your body have that energy that cannot use all at that time, will save it for later in fat.

how should we eat them?

Everyone is different, i get lean as hell and almost never drop bellow 300 grams carbs per day, but i try to avoid bad fats, and my carbs are all complex carbs, fiber i have a lot, and in every meal. But i don't cut carbs at night, the right carbs make me burn more fat and fell better, i fell great on diet. the wrong carbs i get fat as hell in weeks

if you get carbs that get the energy to you slower you will have energy more time, fell better more time and will end up eating a lot more of volume, usually complex carbs and fiber foods have much more volume than simple sugars.

if you eat fast carbs, your body have that energy that cannot use all at that time, will save it for later in fat.

What do you suppose happens to that fat when you are in an overall caloric deficit?

it must be a slow day on BB.com …
    You take that back right now.

fat is used for energy for the body? but do you know why???? why does your body uses fat when in deficit, is because it lacks calories or something starts to get lower in the blood?? You run out of glucose, sugar...

stop with stupid comments BB
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Exactly. We've been saying that a good diet includes all the macros, including carbs, protein and fats, and you've been encouraging the no-carbs-after-lunch BS that started this whole ridiculous mess. The post I asked you to respond to said that very thing, which you chose to ignore.
  • portugaline
    Options

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

Count your calories but always remember from where they come from..
  • adamitri
    Options

THIS IS THE 1ST THING I WROTE. I DONT SEE WHEN I SAID TO EAT JUNK, I SAID EXACLY TO OTHER THING, EAT RIGHT, FIBERS COMPLEX CARBS, GOOD FATS.. I DIDNT TALK ABOUT A SINGLE JUNK FOOD

Many people here keep just counting calories, people you don't even know for sure How many calories you burn, you can estimate but will never know.

And a calorie is not just a calorie, protein, different carbs, fat, fiber all changes the way you gain or lose weight.

1st you need to remember that fiber is counted as 4 calories, and your body cannot use most of fiber....

2nd there are hormones in our body, and the most important to "control" to lose weight is insulin..
    If you eat carbs, especially sugars, you will get an alarm inside your body to produce insulin, insulin will then be present in your body for some hours and the only thing that insulin does is keeping saving all calories, can be as glycogen to the muscles or FATTTT.

Thats why most people cut down they carbs and get good results, but people remember there are complex carbs like oatmeal, that have one king of fiber that can control your insulin levels during hours, so try to go to complex carbs, and you should even lose more weight. About calories, your body needs energy to burn more energy, it means the more you can eat and stay lean, the fastest will be you metabolism and you can eat more and lose more weight.

For weight loss it does not matter where they come from. For health they do. I don't need to become a *clean eater* to lose weight and be healthy.
  • portugaline
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Exactly. We've been saying that a good diet includes all the macros, including carbs, protein and fats, and you've been encouraging the no-carbs-after-lunch BS that started this whole ridiculous mess. The post I asked you to respond to said that very thing, which you chose to ignore.

LOLLOPLOLOLOL

WHEN DO I SAID TO EAT NO CABS WHEN????

I TOLD EXACTLY THE OTHER WAY, EAT MORE COMPLEX CARBS LESS JUNK.....

I ANSWERED EVERYTHING YOU ASKED, YOU DIDNT
  • mccindy72
    Options
    You do know that all caps is yelling, right? That's extremely rude. Calm down.
  • portugaline
    Options

For weight loss it does not matter where they come from. For health they do. I don't need to become a *clean eater* to lose weight and be healthy.

no you don't need, where i said you are wrong, what i said is that you can make even better your weight loss
  • portugaline
    Options
    You do know that all caps is yelling, right? That's extremely rude. Calm down.

no sorry it was just to make a point, sorry if it was rude from me.
  • mccindy72
    Options

[]

this is not true.
  • adamitri
    Options

no you don't need, where i said you are wrong, what i said is that you can make even better your weight loss

My weight loss is fine where it is, why do I need to use your tactics to change the good things that are already going on with my body. Why do I need to eat more when I'm not hungry.
  • portugaline
    Options

[]

this is not true.

look online please, and i know you will attack me for this, but even the amount of energy your body uses to digest fiber is different than sugar
  • portugaline
    Options

how should we eat them?

how should we eat them?

What do you suppose happens to that fat when you are in an overall caloric deficit?

it must be a slow day on BB.com …
    You take that back right now.

fat is used for energy for the body? but do you know why???? why does your body uses fat when in deficit, is because it lacks calories or something starts to get lower in the blood?? You run out of glucose, sugar...

stop with stupid comments BB

Caloric deficit = net fat loss. Yup. We run out of glucose? How often do you suspect people run out of glucose? What do you think happens to someone if they have their BGL checked at it reads let's say 5. Or 10. Or 0 as you say. What is happening if it reads 0?

0 you death mate
  • portugaline
    Options

My weight loss is fine where it is, why do I need to use your tactics to change the good things that are already going on with my body. Why do I need to eat more when I'm not hungry.

you don't, is your choice, but as i told before, and happened to me before is that most people are hungry as hell when in diet, and this can help.
  • adamitri
    Options

you don't, is your choice, but as i told before, and happened to me before is that most people are hungry as hell when in diet, and this can help.

So your solution is not to teach people to eat when they're hungry and not when they just want something. Just tell them to exercise more and you can eat as much as you want as long as it's cleeaaaan fooood.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

[]

this is not true.

look online please, and i know you will attack me for this, but even the amount of energy your body uses to digest fiber is different than sugar

You cannot digest fiber.

And your understanding of insulin is sparse at best.
  • portugaline
    Options

[]

this is not true.

You cannot digest fiber.

And your understanding of insulin is sparse at best.

please explain your self
This discussion has been closed.