A Frustrated Girl who Runs and Lifts

Options
15678911»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This guy has pretty good physique to some degree. Yet he's an ultra marathon runner (races up to 100 miles)

David_Goggins_top.jpg

I don't want to accidentally look like this. Will training for a marathon give me this physique?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    This guy has pretty good physique to some degree. Yet he's an ultra marathon runner (races up to 100 miles)

David_Goggins_top.jpg

I don't want to accidentally look like this. Will training for a marathon give me this physique?
    :laugh:
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    On a totally unrelated note, I'd love to see a video of this 185 bench. That's damn impressive, and especially surprising for someone who runs marathons.

Indeed. Was this done with a free barbell or on a Smith machine? With a benching shirt or without gear? I am curious.

it was with a regular bench. no gear. I'm not sure what a benching shirt is. there is a pic of 135lbs in my photos. I will have a video next time made. I wasnt really planning on actually getting it. I have been stuck at 175 for almost a year.

I am impressed that you got to benching 185 lb and had never heard of benching with a shirt.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing that vid.

Thanks. I was excited....=) finally hit that goal..on to the next
    I just looked that shirt up. Protection right? My husband is always spotting me. He takes care of me ;)
  • HeaLois
    HeaLois Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes! Think Positive!!!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Even a 135lb bench is very impressive. You'd break a lot of guy's hearts with a 185lb bench. :bigsmile: Especially at your weight/height.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options
    Even a 135lb bench is very impressive. You'd break a lot of guy's hearts with a 185lb bench. :bigsmile: Especially at your weight/height.

Thanks!! yeah 135 is what i do my sets of 10 with. I have heard jokes that no guy is brave enough to bench anymore. Which makes me giggle but also makes me sad. Bench is my strong point. I know its weird...I can't really explain it.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Thanks!! yeah 135 is what i do my sets of 10 with. I have heard jokes that no guy is brave enough to bench anymore. Which makes me giggle but also makes me sad. Bench is my strong point. I know its weird...I can't really explain it.
    That must be why your arms/shoulders look so killer in your pic! :drinker:
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    inb4 inb4's

r? wdtm? dyse? t! gtwy!
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options
    Long distance running is absolutely awful for body compositions. Especially THAT long.

Diet, lift, and SPRINT. You will be incredibly lean in no time.

I've known a female marathon runner that put on quite a bit of muscle while running marathons. Not from the marathons, but she still trained and ran then while gaining muscle. A lot of muscle for a woman.
    Well that can't be true. Everyone who runs marathons is gross, skinny fat, and has no muscle. /sarcasm

And, as women, we all end up with hypothyroid. Which all the running magazines, books and coaches seem to have completely missed.

Or not.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/health/how-does-endurance-training-affect-your-thyroid-and-vice-versa

hey...thanks for this link. Good stuff:

The sixth and seventh studies compared the effects of caloric restriction and exercise on T3 function in women, and found that exercise itself (both quantity and intensity) had no effect of T3 levels. Instead, T3 changes were entirely explained by caloric deficits. In other words, training can lower T3 levels if you don’t eat enough to replace the calories you’re losing.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    185? Really? Impressive! Amazing really! That would put you in the top of any power lifting comp for all natural women in the lower weight classes (below 150 anyway).

I was trained in the early '80's by a 120 pound woman who honestly, when we met I thought "ya right"! She then proceeded to educate me ;)

I have a great deal of respect for NATURAL women lifters (can't stand the steroid pumped woMEN who lift ridiculous weights).
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options
    185? Really? Impressive! Amazing really! That would put you in the top of any power lifting comp for all natural women in the lower weight classes (below 150 anyway).

I was trained in the early '80's by a 120 pound woman who honestly, when we met I thought "ya right"! She then proceeded to educate me ;)

I have a great deal of respect for NATURAL women lifters (can't stand the steroid pumped woMEN who lift ridiculous weights).

Its funny you say this....I actually looked this up sometime last year. There are no females who lift heavy or much at all in my gym so I wasn't sure how I would compare with others. I was shocked that I would have taken 1st place the last two years..... yes I agree about the drug use.

I take a multivitamin, some fish oil and BCAA's. Thats about it...;)

Not going to lie tho...I did have some C4..lol. I don't even drink coffee so i like a good pre workout drink ;)