Do guys still like girls that look like this?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    So at the risk of sounding super serious... I have to say I don't fully understand the point of these threads. They always seem to be started be girls who are "curvy" themselves and thus are seeking validation for what they believe society finds as unacceptable. If you look all over the place you will find people who like all body types. Sometimes you will even find a guy who doesn't care if a girl is fat or small. The fact of the matter is what does it matter what society thinks about bodies? The only body I'm really concerned with is my own body and the only validation that I wish to seek is my own. Somewhere out there are men who are going to the love the body I had, the body I currently have and the body I will have but what I care most about is myself loving the body I have. Don't get so hung up on what the world wants or thinks. Just take care of yourself and be healthy and happy and love what you were born with. There is going to be plenty of men out there that will like your body, and your face. Don't worry about that. I don't, my only concern in referrence to other people is finding a man who will love what is inside no matter how beautiful the outisde may be. My quirkiness, my humor, my darkness, my flaws and my intelligence.

But hey, that's just me.

Preach it sister!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Op, what were trying to gain from this post ?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    I think that is the point... if us big girls looked like this, few men would say that they had a problem. However, most women that size have stretch marks, cheese, lumps, and extra rolls that are unappealing to most men. Asking if men "still" like women that look like that is like asking if men still like unicorns. It's hard to know, because they are fictional, photoshopped women.

QFT and because unicorns.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    you know two of those are totally photoshopped, and the other's are suspect.

Yup. Though they are good looking.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I think most people here are totally missing the point...photoshopped or not? Who cares. I think what OP was asking is do men perfer a normal fuller sized woman than the sickly frail girls in most advertisements that push this notion that unless you are less than 90lbs you are somehow not Beautiful. So with that being said, Yes, some, if not all men still like girls like this!

The girls in the OP are not "normal fuller sized women." They are massively photoshopped obese women with extremely unhealthy levels of body fat.

Predictably, you then resort to straight up body shaming.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    I think most people here are totally missing the point...photoshopped or not? Who cares. I think what OP was asking is do men perfer a normal fuller sized woman than the sickly frail girls in most advertisements that push this notion that unless you are less than 90lbs you are somehow not Beautiful. So with that being said, Yes, some, if not all men still like girls like this!

Yeah. "Do men prefer a normal, fuller-sized woman"... that doesn't even look like a normal, fuller-sized woman.

Where's my eyeroll smilie?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    All guys like the same body types and since I'm a guy, I can speak for all of us when I say

These girls are too fat. Get on the treadmill.

Being bigger than they are and currently on a treadmill, I hope you're kidding.
  • jonnythan
    All guys like the same body types and since I'm a guy, I can speak for all of us when I say

You can't be that happy with your appearance since you seem to still have about 50 lbs to lose on your ticker.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    These women are all gorgeous, regardless of whether or not they've been photoshopped. My husband would dump me in a hot minute if he could have one of these women! Seriously, BONES ARE NOT SEXY!
  • jonnythan
    These women are all gorgeous, regardless of whether or not they've been photoshopped. My husband would dump me in a hot minute if he could have one of these women! Seriously, BONES ARE NOT SEXY!

More body shaming!

Incidentally, is the fact that obesity is sexy the reason you're trying to lose 115 pounds?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member

You can't be that happy with your appearance since you seem to still have about 50 lbs to lose on your ticker.

dude, wtf?!?
  • peachfigs

Does it not occur to you that perhaps someone can love their body as well as want to improve it and better their health?

Stop imposing your warped perspective on someone else. How rude!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member

wow... way to body shame....
  • jonnythan

dude, wtf?!?

Poster said, albeit in a rude way, that the women in the OP should lose weight and exercise.

Another poster says "I hope you're kidding because I'm bigger than they are."

But... that poster is trying to lose weight. And being successful at it! So obviously she agrees with the first poster.
  • jonnythan

Does it not occur to you that perhaps someone can love their body as well as want to improve it and better their health?

Stop imposing your warped perspective on someone else. How rude!

I never said anyone shouldn't love their body. I'm pointing out that this person is already trying to change their body while simultaneously taking offense that someone else thinks obese people should lose weight.
  • peachfigs

More body shaming!

Incidentally, is the fact that obesity is sexy the reason you're trying to lose 115 pounds?

...You just called someone out for body shaming, then body shamed them back?!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I think curvy and tattooed is hot!! ...and so does the hubby... GO CURVY!! :)

How curvy do you think you'll still be after you lose those 100 lbs?

Have you met Yoovie? :flowerforyou:

Yes she sent me a PM because she is banned.

It was pretty much a rhetorical question. I've got several girls on my list who have dropped significant weight and still retained their curves, but Yoovie is the most well known of them. She was beautiful when she weighed more, and she is beautiful now.

I can't stand most of what goes on in threads like this, where people are asked about their preferences, because invariably people think it is a contest of "what is better." There are the usual suspects who chime in to praise the body type showcased in the original post and then there are those who feel slighted and have to swing the pendulum back in the opposite direction. No matter what type is posted first, the champions of some other type have to rush in to defend their type. It would be nice to have an appreciation thread that didn't end up in a battle royale, just once.

I agree.

So, how about people say "Yes, I find them attractive" in whatever words they feel compelled to adequately express that. Without saying, "Yes, I find them attractive because skinny is gross and my mother is hideous, I'd never want to look like her, or my mother-in-law, or that lady that has a child in the same class as my child. And all men like the same thing. And now I'm going to say something completely wrong about some other body, weight, shape, or clothing size."
  • All guys like the same body types and since I'm a guy, I can speak for all of us when I say

Bit harsh no? she's trying to get where she is. don't slate hater.. Troll.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member

More body shaming!

...You just called someone out for body shaming, then body shamed them back?!

he just stated facts to prove a point.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    So at the risk of sounding super serious... I have to say I don't fully understand the point of these threads. They always seem to be started be girls who are "curvy" themselves and thus are seeking validation for what they believe society finds as unacceptable. If you look all over the place you will find people who like all body types. Sometimes you will even find a guy who doesn't care if a girl is fat or small. The fact of the matter is what does it matter what society thinks about bodies? The only body I'm really concerned with is my own body and the only validation that I wish to seek is my own. Somewhere out there are men who are going to the love the body I had, the body I currently have and the body I will have but what I care most about is myself loving the body I have. Don't get so hung up on what the world wants or thinks. Just take care of yourself and be healthy and happy and love what you were born with. There is going to be plenty of men out there that will like your body, and your face. Don't worry about that. I don't, my only concern in referrence to other people is finding a man who will love what is inside no matter how beautiful the outisde may be. My quirkiness, my humor, my darkness, my flaws and my intelligence.

But hey, that's just me.

Preach it sister!

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.