I am never hungry I have to force myself to eat and I just gain gain gain weight

Options

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    If you believe all of the "drug/medication" makes me store fat/gain weight theories than you all do realize that this drug/medication that makes you store fat, solves the world hunger, right?

Wrong because not all medications affect each person the same way.

So why not try it out on all the hungry little children??? and see who is affected by it and gain some weight?

Its *kitten* sorry

You gain weight when you consume to much calories!!

Because putting children on medications that have dangerous side effects and aren't absolutely necessary is irresponsible :)

And clearly only children are starving right? Wrong!

We were specifically talking about children, in case you missed that memo. I work and do research in the field of public health; I'm well aware that children aren't the only ones starving.

So why can't the starving adults be given the magic weight gain pills then?

Because:
    1) It would not have the same effect on each person.
    2) The same dangerous side effects still apply to adults.
    3) It is a waste of money.
    4) It is time consuming.
    5) Providing them with actual food is effective.

And you said you are studying/researching something related to health??? Which country is this, where the educational system is failing students so miserably? Because if my 10 year old wrote this at school, her teacher would demand we meet her for a loooong talk, and discussion about finding a tutor to help her get on the same level as her peers would follow. Honestly, I cannot imagine anyone graduating not high school, but 5th grade and believing there are magic pills that make people survive without food. I am pretty sure my kindergartener would not believe this, and the kid still believes in Santa. Unless Santa is making the pills?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There is no medication that has the same effect on every person. That never stopped science to test and develop them
    Not do dangerous side affects
    or costs.

Specially for the greedy health industry who likes to make money of everybody...they would jump on this drug/medication like no time and spread it to everybody even if it mean the patient has a heart attack or whatever as side affect

And for the example of that i said children lets generalize it.....people...hungry people oke?

But i tell you this..the magic pill that makes you lose weight doesn't exist, so does the magic pill that you gain weight
    The only facts are...there is medication that makes you have more appetite and when you eat more you can gain weight
    And vica versa.

but lets agree to disagree.

When OP has this she needs a doctor not us
    But seeing her diary and her posts my guess ( yes guess) is that she has the same problem as 99.99% of all the new people who came here and have the same problem as her gaining weight.
    Excuses and denial about why she is gaining weight.

When not, we will see here very soon in the news as the miracle woman who is gaining weight by breathing air only.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    mjffey wrote: »
    Ok, Going to get slashed probably, but log everything you do eat. YOU MIGHT EAT NOT ENOUGH!!!!!! It's not as easy as "you're overweight, so you eat to much". If it was that easy everybody would be slim. You might not get the right amount of nutrients and carbs/protein combination.If you don't fuel your body, it will go into survival mode and won't burn anything. The result is you will gain weight. Even some sports can get your body into survival mode and produce a hormone that will store fat. You will have to make sure that you eat. It doesn't have to be three times a day, it might be 6 times small portions. Just record everything and after a few weeks do a check and see what you eat and have a look at the nutrients and macros. Good luck.

lol strong 13th post
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    mjffey wrote: »
    Ok, Going to get slashed probably, but log everything you do eat. YOU MIGHT EAT NOT ENOUGH!!!!!! It's not as easy as "you're overweight, so you eat to much". If it was that easy everybody would be slim. You might not get the right amount of nutrients and carbs/protein combination.If you don't fuel your body, it will go into survival mode and won't burn anything. The result is you will gain weight. Even some sports can get your body into survival mode and produce a hormone that will store fat. You will have to make sure that you eat. It doesn't have to be three times a day, it might be 6 times small portions. Just record everything and after a few weeks do a check and see what you eat and have a look at the nutrients and macros. Good luck.

If this were true, we wouldn't have millions of people in underdeveloped countries who are significantly underweight.

So basically you are acknowledging the fact that CICO is basic science, but you're saying that it just didn't work for you because you are a special snowflake with special medical conditions and special pills which cause magic weight gain?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you believe all of the "drug/medication" makes me store fat/gain weight theories than you all do realize that this drug/medication that makes you store fat, solves the world hunger, right?

Wrong because not all medications affect each person the same way.

So why not try it out on all the hungry little children??? and see who is affected by it and gain some weight?

Its *kitten* sorry

You gain weight when you consume to much calories!!

Because putting children on medications that have dangerous side effects and aren't absolutely necessary is irresponsible :)

And clearly only children are starving right? Wrong!

We were specifically talking about children, in case you missed that memo. I work and do research in the field of public health; I'm well aware that children aren't the only ones starving.

So why can't the starving adults be given the magic weight gain pills then?

Because:
    1) It would not have the same effect on each person.
    2) The same dangerous side effects still apply to adults.
    3) It is a waste of money.
    4) It is time consuming.
    5) Providing them with actual food is effective.

Re: #1: So you're the only person on earth who has taken this mystery drug and had it cause your body to start making fat out of thin air?

Re: #3: If it truly causes humans to gain weight without surplus calories, how could it possibly be a waste of money?

Re: #4: How time consuming is it to make a pill vs raise a cow?

Re: #5: Since this pill caused you to gain weight without a calorie surplus, it must necessarily be more effective than food, correct?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    waiting ^
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Maybe a cleanse/detox will turn her metabolism back on...

:wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP classic a brewin'

Are there any bases left uncovered?

We haven't covered kitteh gifs....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    9.gif
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

So basically you are acknowledging the fact that CICO is basic science, but you're saying that it just didn't work for you because you are a special snowflake with special medical conditions and special pills which cause magic weight gain?

The article I linked earlier actually says that structural damage to the hypothalamus is a side effect of psychotropic drugs. I know at least some anti-depressant meds fit into that category.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    tumblr_meyklnxeM51s06me8o1_500.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

The article I linked earlier actually says that structural damage to the hypothalamus is a side effect of psychotropic drugs. I know at least some anti-depressant meds fit into that category.

Has there ever been a case in history where an anti-depressant caused structural damage to the hypothalamus?

Or have you been recklessly googling and extrapolating again?
  • wy1dsty1es
    wy1dsty1es Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.

Unfortunately weight gain and loss is not as cut and dry as everyone is making it out to be. Calories in/Calories out is the foundation. But there are many other factors specific to each individual person. Like one poster said stress plays a much larger role in your metabolism and hormones than most people realize.

another thing to think of is If you are just drinking milk and eating guacamole everyday (I know you aren't but that is the example you gave what I have to go off of) think about what those calories are made up of. Milk is almost all fat, so is guacamole. Whether it is healthy fat or not it is fats so if you are consuming 1800 calories and 70% are coming from fats coupled with your stress then you are bound to make your fat cells expand and retain fat and therefore weigh more.

Also keep in mind that the amount of calories in a gram of fat is 9. That is more than double the amount of calories in a gram of protein and carbs. So you can be eating much less, but if your diet is comprised of mostly fats you will still be consuming many more calories.

Also don't force yourself to eat. Eat when you are hungry and only until you are content. There could be many reasons why you feel you are never hungry. Most of the time it is because a person is not in tune with their body. You may not know how to tell when you are hungry or not and therefore always feel like you aren't. Or again it could be a severe hormonal imbalance or even adrenal fatigue. I would say visit a doctor and get some professional advice. But I don't believe pills will be the answer.

Last thing, don't assume you don't have an eating disorder just because you are "fat". Again I would research that topic and talk to a physician. And how intense are your workouts. You say you do videos, are you going hard or are you doing just enough. Maybe you should hire a personal trainer once a week and then you will know how hard you have to go to really push yourself when you are alone.

Try your best to learn to cope with stress, speak with a doctor about what is going on with you. Keep better track of exactly what you are eating and at what time you are eating. Stay consistent and diligent. Dome of us are here to help so stay strong and reach out to me if you ever need to.

The Professor.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    wy1dsty1es wrote: »
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.

Unfortunately weight gain and loss is not as cut and dry as everyone is making it out to be. Calories in/Calories out is the foundation. But there are many other factors specific to each individual person. Like one poster said stress plays a much larger role in your metabolism and hormones than most people realize.

another thing to think of is If you are just drinking milk and eating guacamole everyday (I know you aren't but that is the example you gave what I have to go off of) think about what those calories are made up of. Milk is almost all fat, so is guacamole. Whether it is healthy fat or not it is fats so if you are consuming 1800 calories and 70% are coming from fats coupled with your stress then you are bound to make your fat cells expand and retain fat and therefore weigh more.

Also keep in mind that the amount of calories in a gram of fat is 9. That is more than double the amount of calories in a gram of protein and carbs. So you can be eating much less, but if your diet is comprised of mostly fats you will still be consuming many more calories.

Also don't force yourself to eat. Eat when you are hungry and only until you are content. There could be many reasons why you feel you are never hungry. Most of the time it is because a person is not in tune with their body. You may not know how to tell when you are hungry or not and therefore always feel like you aren't. Or again it could be a severe hormonal imbalance or even adrenal fatigue. I would say visit a doctor and get some professional advice. But I don't believe pills will be the answer.

Last thing, don't assume you don't have an eating disorder just because you are "fat". Again I would research that topic and talk to a physician. And how intense are your workouts. You say you do videos, are you going hard or are you doing just enough. Maybe you should hire a personal trainer once a week and then you will know how hard you have to go to really push yourself when you are alone.

Try your best to learn to cope with stress, speak with a doctor about what is going on with you. Keep better track of exactly what you are eating and at what time you are eating. Stay consistent and diligent. Dome of us are here to help so stay strong and reach out to me if you ever need to.

The Professor.

She's gone bro. We've moved on to GIFs...

giphy.gif
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

The Professor.

giphy.gif

jif%20animated%20jif.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

The Professor.

giphy.gif

jif%20animated%20jif.gif

bttf-biff-o.gif

Biff gif

Geddit?
  • ccorrado006
    ccorrado006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! Keep in mind that when you skip meals or eat too few calories, your body kicks into starvation mode and will start storing fat to ensure its survival. You are going more damage to your metabolism by doing that as well. If you are hungry, try eating small meals and healthy snacks. You should also record your intake and see what you truly consume in a day. Good luck and feel free to add for more support :)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello! Keep in mind that when you skip meals or eat too few calories, your body kicks into starvation mode and will start storing fat to ensure its survival. You are going more damage to your metabolism by doing that as well. If you are hungry, try eating small meals and healthy snacks. You should also record your intake and see what you truly consume in a day. Good luck and feel free to add for more support :)

Leave
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Nope ...no...no...it doesn't

Don't be silly
This discussion has been closed.