Eat a big breakfast.. .

Options

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    This thread is a candidate for being closed. No useful discussion being made anymore.

lol when was it ever useful?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    This thread is a candidate for being closed. No useful discussion being made anymore.

lol when was it ever useful?

This is pretty true but I think the comments calling out the broscience were useful just because newbs may buy into things like this without the opposing comments
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    tumblr_mbqqh1kGrf1rwzsbso2_400.gif
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    2v28fsz.jpg
    wbf1o1.jpg

Hmmm yes, this superhero breakfast is white Knight approved.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    donna38104 wrote: »
    Not telling anyone what to do. We are all adults here. I just thought it was interesting and shared. Didn't expect people to be so rude. I won't be sharing again....
    :/ I know ! I felt the same way when I starting reading some of the comments ! I'm sorry !

I hardly ever post anymore because of the way people will talk to you on here. People get so powerful on a computer. I also don't think you were telling anyone that they had to eat a big breakfast. You were just sharing. I eat breakfast every single morning. Not a big one though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    is anybody cooking breakfast right now? *kitten* hungry

no, because I don't want to get fat...you can only eat a large breakfast from 8am to 11:59 am, or your metabolism reverses itself and you actually create calories instead of burn them.

ok but how big should my breakfast be? like extra big or just regular big

I believe the article said "large"....

Is that like "Go Large" at McDonald's large or Burger King "King sized" large?

one of each. why risk making the wrong choice?

think of all the weight loss with double the breakfast.

cosigned
  • ndj1979
    Options

correction, this thread should of never been created.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Not telling anyone what to do. We are all adults here. I just thought it was interesting and shared. Didn't expect people to be so rude. I won't be sharing again....
    :/ I know ! I felt the same way when I starting reading some of the comments ! I'm sorry !

I hardly ever post anymore because of the way people will talk to you on here. People get so powerful on a computer. I also don't think you were telling anyone that they had to eat a big breakfast. You were just sharing. I eat breakfast every single morning. Not a big one though.

yes, op was just "sharing," and everyone else "shared" but for some reason the ones with an opposite share opinion are trolls, but OP posting broscience is totally legit. Explain to me how that works..?

to the bolded part, so you are not losing weight then, right?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

welcome to the internet

OP shared some info that doesn't fly here, where science rules
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

welcome to the internet

Science is neat.
  • ndj1979
    Options

welcome to the internet

wait, this place is science based?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    5cec028329fc5d36be656339e242e9fdcd551b778768e0e88f785cffee35e387.jpg
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Never change, MFP.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I full agree that I titled the thread incorrectly but if you read it before committing you might get it. I think there are a lot of people on here who just want to comment and be ugly. Not even worried about health. I've also been hit on by 2 different men in personal messages yesterday alone. This just makes me wonder why I use the Internet. But I have enjoyed the support

I read it. Here's the problem: It says that all the women ate the same calories and the big breakfast eaters lost more weight. It then goes on to say that the small breakfast eaters ended up eating more.

So which is it?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    I full agree that I titled the thread incorrectly but if you read it before committing you might get it. I think there are a lot of people on here who just want to comment and be ugly. Not even worried about health. I've also been hit on by 2 different men in personal messages yesterday alone. This just makes me wonder why I use the Internet. But I have enjoyed the support

I read it. Here's the problem: It says that all the women ate the same calories and the big breakfast eaters lost more weight. It then goes on to say that the small breakfast eaters ended up eating more.

So which is it?

yes
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

So which is it?

yes

bth.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I want to thank everyone for your comments, the discussion about the article, and the positive comments to me personally. But to the rude people...you must have cheerios for breakfast and someone pissed in then. Stay positive and have a healthy happy life people. That's what this is all about.

Pissy cheerios is not a big breakfast....

What are the macros in pissy Cheerios? What about micros? Does that increase the iron? Everyone knows Cheerios are the best source of iron. Well...not the honey nut ones.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Positivity p!sses me off

Just sayin'...it's the most useless of all sentiments IMHO

I mean what does it achieve? A little cynicism gives you a sense of reality; a touch of negativity spurs you on to try harder but positivity for positivity's sake...well that just makes one's teeth itch

This is why I love you Rabbit :)

Right back at ya nony

Love fest :bigsmile:

Too much positivity. Get back to the rude snarkiness please.

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Ya, I didn't think people had to start off by being rude as if you were telling people what to do. It leads to interesting discussion. People should leave the nasty out of the comments...
This discussion has been closed.