Let's motivate each other! 4 week squat Challenge 6/12/13

Replies

• keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Ok I will join if that's ok. Will do 45 today and be up to speed!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    45 done!!! and tomorrow is a rest day....?
  • ok I saw YannieJannie's post and thought I would do this. One of my goals was to do 25 - 50 Squats per day this month. I will give it my all... Since today is suppose to be rest day, I will start along with you tomorrow on Tuesday at 50 squats.

Thanks Yanniejannie for the nudge...:wink:

Connie
    (Colograndma)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,198 Member
    You go people!! We have a good group! Today is a rest day, and tomorrow we begin again with 55. For you late joiners, start where you want, and you can split them into sets to make it easier. When I get up to the higher number, I split them up into sets of 20 to 25 and do them throughout the day. The idea is to get you moving! This is my second go round and I'm loving the accountability and routine of this challenge. Welcome everyone! :happy: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this may be a rest day from squats, but for those of us who walk dogs, there is never any rest.

:flowerforyou: I do my squats while walking the dogs so I do short sets of however many I can do while the dogs are sniffing----maybe 1 or maybe 20

:bigsmile: Barbie
  • kevrit
    I know what you mean Barbie! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am at work and just lugged 20 computers in boxes around! Guess I got my weight lifting done today! :wink: Too hot and humid here to walk. I will have to plug in my Wii to work out.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    all these 30 squats have to be in one go or can do 10-10-10 .... not very good qith squats :S
  • Day#4 45. Great job everybody! :)
  • yanniejannie
    bump
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Five---rest day from squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Six--55 squats

I do my squats while walking the dogs....a few at a time while the dogs are sniffing at something :bigsmile:
    [/quote]
  • kevrit
    My day 6 - 55 squats done!
  • yanniejannie
    55 done here, too! 20---25---10.............by the time I got to the last 10, I was hearing the music from "Rocky" in my head; never did squats before. My DH has me doing what he calls "prisoner" squats---elbows up and hands locked behind head........is this right??? Seems harder than it would/should be with arms down??????
  • kevrit
    55 done here, too! 20---25---10.............by the time I got to the last 10, I was hearing the music from "Rocky" in my head; never did squats before. My DH has me doing what he calls "prisoner" squats---elbows up and hands locked behind head........is this right??? Seems harder than it would/should be with arms down??????

Hands locked behind your head? Your DH is torturing you! LOL :noway: I stretch my arms in front of me for balance.
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: I do plie squats----easier to balance while holding two dog leashes :laugh:
  • starting today, 55 squats done!
  • Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Joined?
    so posting here.
    day 1 15
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Five---rest day from squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats

I do my squats while walking the dogs....a few at a time while the dogs are sniffing at something :bigsmile:
  • Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Today my goal is 20 with 1 lb weights.
    :flowerforyou:
  • did my 60 today!!! Its getting challenging ;)
  • yanniejannie
    60 done!!! Tx for the heads up on the other ways to do them being OK............yeah, he would make it more difficult!!!