Let's motivate each other! 4 week squat Challenge 6/12/13

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Awesome Barbie! I've got 75 done and still have 75 to go. The first 75 I did with weights!

Rita from TN
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I got 50 knocked out at gym this am with 3lbs. in each hand. Thanks for all the variations, Jodios........will try a few for the rest.

Lifted 9,010 lbs. this am...........overall total is 17,110..........that's more than 6 African Buffalos and already way more than a third of the way to my elephant! One of the men (who has already lifted 7 elephants!!!) was complaining to me how unfair it is to include the machines and not just free weights; but I think our gym manager was just trying for participation; and it worked as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I actually made a point of picking up one of those long bars with the weights on the ends in front of him and knocking out 20----my "form" was probably terrible, but at least I didn't kill myself or drop it. I realize I'm not putting anyone who lifts "seriously" out of the running for a prize but I'm having my own fun.
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 2: 35 squats - done: same as Day 1 + 5 more regular squats
    Day 3: 40 squats - done: same as Day 1 but 10 single leg squats on each side
    Day 4: 45 squats - done: 10 regular; 10 elevator down 1/up 3; 10 elevator down3/up 1, 10 regular slow, 5 pulses
    Day 5: was suppose to be a rest day but the DVD I got from the library probably had me doing over 100 squats/Plies many with weights
    Day 6: 55 squats - done: same as Day 3 plus 10 super slow squats and 5 pulses

Have a great day, Jodios
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: wow, everyone is doing great---meeting goals and using lots of interesting variations.

:laugh: lest anyone think I did 125 squats some with hand weights before 5 AM, I should tell you that my day for this challenge begins at 3 PM the afternoon before so I don't end up finishing the challenge at bedtime
    I'm not sure which challenge I did years ago that got me started on this system but it works for me, so I do some of my squats in the late afternoon and evening while walking the dogs and with hand weights while watching TV and then finish off the last of them during the early morning dog walk and post them while I have my breakfast before the two hour dog walk.

:bigsmile: Barbie
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    day 2 done, straight after doing my first every day of NRFLW .....dam am so tired xD
  • yanniejannie
    Options
    Beckie......what is NRFLW?

Barbie..........here all along I thought you were so amazing getting them all out of the way so early--LOL That's OK; I still think you are amazing!

Finished for the day!
  • kevrit
    Options
    Did my 125 all with weights. I am going to have to try some of those interesting variations! That is if I don't fall on my face trying them. LOL! Have a great Fourth everyone and don't forget to do your squats for the day!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Beckie......what is NRFLW?

Barbie..........here all along I thought you were so amazing getting them all out of the way so early--LOL That's OK; I still think you are amazing!

Finished for the day!

new rules of lifting for women ... I got the f and l mixed up.....opps . Its a strenght/weight lifting program for women :)
  • yanniejannie
    Options
    Beckie......thanks, I have heard of that book on here

Barbie............oh, where's your morning post? I was just teasing you...........hope you didn't think I was serious???? So sorry if you thought I was serious........
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Five---rest day from squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Eleven--85 squats----10 of them with hand weights
    Day Twelve---90 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Thirteen---95 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Fourteen--100 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes laugh
    Day Sixteen---75 squats---30 with hand weights
    Day Seventeen---85 squats---30 with hand weights
    Day Eighteen---95 squats---30 with hand weights --- 5 one legged squats on each leg (not with hand weights:laugh:
    Day Nineteen---105 squats--30 with hand weights--5 one legged squats on each leg---10 elevator squats (like the video)
    Day Twenty---rest day except for 22,000 steps walking dogs
    Day Twenty-one---125 squats--30 with hand weights and the rest with pulsing at the bottom
    Day Twenty-two----130 squats---some with hand weights some with pulses

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: Beckie, I read New Rules of Lifting for Women and learned a lot from it but don't actually follow the program.....congrats to you for starting it.

:flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yanniejannie, I decided to not post so early because it seemed to look like bragging.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: kevrit, your success with this challenge is amazing with your busy schedule
  • yanniejannie
    Options
    130---finished for the day.........about 20 elevator, 20 with weights..........not good with the fancy ones too off-balance, sorry

Barbie........impressive and amazing are the words that entered my mind........bragging??? never! Besides, I would look for your early post to see what the total count was for the day and it would get me moving..........
  • jodios528
    Options
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 4: 45 squats - done: 10 regular; 10 elevator down 1/up 3; 10 elevator down3/up 1, 10 regular slow, 5 pulses
    Day 5: was suppose to be a rest day but the DVD I got from the library probably had me doing over 100 squats/Plies many with weights
    Day 7: 60 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 10 1 legged right, 10 1 legged left, 10 curtsy.

With the holiday I almost forgot to do my squats. My DD was present when I did them and laughed at my creaking knees :laugh: :laugh:

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Jodios :smile: :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes laugh
    Day Eighteen---95 squats---30 with hand weights --- 5 one legged squats on each leg (not with hand weights:laugh:
    Day Nineteen---105 squats--30 with hand weights--5 one legged squats on each leg---10 elevator squats (like the video)
    Day Twenty-one---125 squats--30 with hand weights and the rest with pulsing at the bottom
    Day Twenty-three--135 squats--40 with hand weights--some with pulses----10 curtsy---40 while holding two dog leashes and a flashlight:laugh:

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: Jodios, I can't imagine doing 60 squats all in one session and certainly not with someone watching......you are amazing....I tried the curtsy squats and they are a balance challenge......I'll try to do more

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, my husband thinks it's cheating that my "squat day" runs from 3 PM one day to breakfast the next day.
  • addokai
    addokai Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm game. so excited to finish day one-30 yayyy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I'm game. so excited to finish day one-30 yayyy

:flowerforyou: welcome...the longest journey starts with a single step,or in this case, a single squat.

:bigsmile: Barbie
  • kevrit
    Options
    Did my 130 yesterday and 135 today. Yesterday I did them with weights. Today, not. My back was killing me all day so went easy but did them anyway!. I wish the rain would stop here in Cookeville. Rained all week!
  • yanniejannie
    Options
    135 done.........almost all at the blueberry farm while picking; after that my day got crazy
    no weights, no elevator squats today........

Barbie.......as long as they are done w/in a 24 hr. framework, I would think it's OK; kind of like starting them in the am and having an afternoon nap, then finishing up in the evening
  • jodios528
    Options
    Once again almost forgot to get my squats in. I remembered while walking the dogs. I knocked about 65 quickly and then headed out with the family for frozen yogurt - salted caramel popcorn fro-yo with pecans and warm Nutella - Yum. I should probably do a few more squats now :laugh:

Day 7: 60 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 10 1 legged right, 10 1 legged left, 10 curtsy.
    Day 8: 65 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 5 pulses

Have a great night! Jodios :wink: :love: :smooched: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Twenty-three--135 squats--40 with hand weights--some with pulses----10 curtsy---40 while holding two dog leashes and a flashlight:laugh:
    Day Twenty-four---140 squats---40 with hand weights----some pulses, some one legged, some curtsey

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: Jodios, I can't imagine doing 60 squats all in one session and certainly not with someone watching......you are amazing....I tried the curtsy squats and they are a balance challenge......I'll try to do more

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, my husband is a golfer and thinks like the PGA rules committee.....he wouldn't like our casual mixture of different kinds of squats and no standardization:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's why I come to all of you for support and encouragement:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: jodios, the great thing about squats is that they can be done on impulse, no special equipment or location needed

:flowerforyou: kevrit, hope your back is better this morning and the rain has gone away.
  • jodios528
    Options
    Needed to get my squats in early. Busy day today: couple hours of work, piano lessons, golf.

Day 8: 65 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 5 pulses
    Day 9: 70 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 10 curtsy

My glutes are feeling it today!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Barbie - variety is the spice of life. Besides we are hitting all 3 glut muscles when we mix it up (at least that's what I tell myself - reality is I just don't want to get bored :smile: )

Kevrit - hope your back is feeling better. Remember to really pull your ab muscles in and up when squatting to help protect your lower back.

Have a great day ladies!!! Jodios :smile: :love: :indifferent: :drinker: :bigsmile: