Let's motivate each other! 4 week squat Challenge 6/12/13

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,198 Member
    Wow Barbie! With weights???? :noway: Great job!
    Did my 90 for today.. 30 -30 - 30
    Day 1 - 30
    Day 2 - 35
    Day 3 - 40
    Day 4 - 45
    Day 5 - Rest
    Day 6 - 55
    Day 7 - 60
    Day 8 - 65
    Day 9 - 70
    Day 10 - Rest
    Day 11 - 85
    Day 12 - 90
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    90 done..................30, 30,15,15
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Five---rest day from squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Eleven--85 squats----10 of them with hand weights
    Day Twelve---90 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Thirteen---95 squats---30 of them with hand weights

I do some ofmy squats while walking the dogs....a few at a time while the dogs are sniffing at something :bigsmile:I do plie squats because they are easier to balance while holding dog leashes and standing on uneven surfaces. Now that there are so many I do some of the squats in the house with hand weights while watching TV.

Congrats to the few of us who are continuing with this challenge. It has been my experience with challenges, that many start, but very few finish.
  • kevrit
    Keep on plugging! We can do this! I completed the first one and have full intentions of completing this round and may start it again! :huh:

Done my 85!
    ay 1 - 30
    Day 2 - 35
    Day 3 - 40
    Day 4 - 45
    Day 5 - Rest :drinker:
    Day 6 - 55
    Day 7 - 60
    Day 8 - 65
    Day 9 - 70 Done!
    Day 10 - Take a day off! :drinker:
    Day 11 - 85 Done!
    Day 12 - 90 Done!
    Day 13 - 95 Done! 35-30-30 100 tomorrow! Go Go Go! :flowerforyou:
  • yanniejannie
    YES!!! 95 done.............still hearing "Rocky" music in my head by the time I get to the last set.........but I am proud of me!.......was not at all sure I'd get this far.........
  • barbiecat
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Fourteen--100 squats---30 of them with hand weights

I do plie squats that are easier to balance. I do them in sets of 10 or 20 spaced throughout the day. I do some while watching TV, others while brushing my teeth, and the rest while walking dogs.
  • yanniejannie
    100 DONE!!!! Did my first 50 during exercise class at the gym this am and held 3 lb. hand weights for some of those..........finished up the last 50 at home.
  • barbiecat
    100 DONE!!!! Did my first 50 during exercise class at the gym this am and held 3 lb. hand weights for some of those..........finished up the last 50 at home.

this challenge is so motivating that it got you trying hand weights with your squats
    congrats:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kevrit
    Finished my 100!
    ay 1 - 30
    Day 2 - 35
    Day 3 - 40
    Day 4 - 45
    Day 5 - Rest :drinker:
    Day 6 - 55
    Day 7 - 60
    Day 8 - 65
    Day 9 - 70 Done!
    Day 10 - Take a day off! :drinker:
    Day 11 - 85 Done!
    Day 12 - 90 Done!
    Day 13 - 95 Done! 35-30-30 100 tomorrow! Go Go Go!
    Day 14 - 100 Complete!! 25 times 4
    Day 15 - Take a break! :drinker:

Great job everyone! Stay motivated!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Is it too late to join this challenge? I'm looking for a fitness challenge now that I've hit maintenance. Barbie was talking about this one and I thought I could see if I could get in on it. thanks, Jodios
  • barbiecat
    Is it too late to join this challenge? I'm looking for a fitness challenge now that I've hit maintenance. Barbie was talking about this one and I thought I could see if I could get in on it. thanks, Jodios

:flowerforyou: why not start with the squats for day one and continue day by day......I think the challenge will start over after the 28 days and we can all start on day one together.
  • barbiecat
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes :laugh:
    Day Sixteen---75 squats---30 with hand weights

I do plie squats that are easier to balance. I do them in sets of 10 or 20 spaced throughout the day. I do some while watching TV, others while brushing my teeth, and the rest while walking dogs.
  • yanniejannie
    75 done.....a few with weights again

Jodios.......yes, join us!!!! You've got to be in great shape; you are so active!!!

I'm getting very close to goal and going to move more toward building muscle rather than just burning cals. I think I finally got my food diary to open.

My gym is doing a challenge (How many times can YOU lift an African Elephant?).........July1 to Sept. 30) that I'm going to add on here. I spoke with the guy who did the flyer (gym manager) and got my questions answered this am and he seemed totally delighted that I would even try. I may end up with just a loin..... :( ....but I'm going to try for something...........he will count free weights and machines.....also pull-ups and chin-ups as your body weight..........yay, for machines; leg press is my fav.

1. 1,000lbs...............2 lions
    2. 7,2000"................6 horses
    3. 21,000"................3 hippos
    4. 27,000".................1 African Elephant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jodios528
    thanks guys. :smile: :smile:

Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" :grumble: , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side

I'll just keep going from the beginning of this challenge until the next challenge starts and then start from the beginning of that one. Have a great day! Jodios
  • barbiecat
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes :laugh:
    Day Seventeen---85 squats---30 with hand weights

:flowerforyou: Jodios, tell me about how you do one legged squats
    that sounds like a challenge I might want to take on----what do you do with the leg that's not squatting? do you put your hand on anything for balance? did it take long to learn how to do them?

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington where at 8:30 AM it is already warm

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif
  • jodios528
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 2: done: same as Day 1 + 5 more regular squats

Barbie - there are a number of ways to do 1 legged squats. The easies way is to just rest your toes down (knee bent) for the non-working leg and then put 80-90% of your weight in the squatting leg. If you want you can lightly rest the non-working leg's foot on top of the foot that is on the squatting side or if you are a real keener and want to work your balance lift the non-working leg slightly off the ground with a bent knee (I usually do the first or second version but occasionally add in a few of the last one to work my balance). I don't usually hold on to anything but you might want to be arms length from a wall the first time you try them since they can challenge your balance. These aren't hard to learn but they do get hard to do. You feel those glutes a lot sooner when only one leg is moving all your body weight.

I might try to work in Day 4 tonight so I can catch up to you guys a bit. Have a great day, Jodios :smile: :laugh: :love: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • yanniejannie
    85 done.....no weights today for me................wow, hand weights, one-legged; some amazing women here!!!

kevrit...........where are you???
  • kevrit
    I am here. Just been busy! Did my 75 yesterday and my 85 for today. Started back to school for my second masters, working, and busy at home. No time for anything!
  • barbiecat
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Seventeen---85 squats---30 with hand weights
    Day Eighteen---95 squats---30 with hand weights --- 5 one legged squats on each leg (not with hand weights :laugh: )

:flowerforyou: Jodios, thank you for the guidance on one legged squats----I tried them and found that my balance was pretty good---the whole point of a challenge is to try something new and push yourself a bit.

:flowerforyou: Kevrit, your schedule sounds daunting---congrats to you for all you do

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, one more day of squat success

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington where it promises to be warm again

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif
  • jodios528
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 2: 35 squats - done: same as Day 1 + 5 more regular squats
    Day 3: 40 squares - done: same as Day 1 but 10 single leg squats on each side

thinking I might do elevator squats next for some variety.

have a great day, Jodios