Let's motivate each other! 4 week squat Challenge 6/12/13

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,198 Member
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes on my back. It is much better today.

Got my 140 in today bu the rain is still here. Most rain I've ever see since I've lived in TN. 16 years so far. We are talking about moving back to New England. All sorts of stress right now. This site really helps me stay focused!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    140 done; some with weights and some pulsed

kevrit...... sorry life is so stressful for you right now; hang in there......it would take an awful lot to get me to go north again!!!

Barbie.........We promise to stay off your DH's golf course......LOL

jodios.........my, you DID have a busy day
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Five---rest day from squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Eleven--85 squats----10 of them with hand weights
    Day Twelve---90 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Thirteen---95 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Fourteen--100 squats---30 of them with hand weights
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes laugh
    Day Sixteen---75 squats---30 with hand weights
    Day Seventeen---85 squats---30 with hand weights
    Day Eighteen---95 squats---30 with hand weights --- 5 one legged squats on each leg (not with hand weights:laugh:
    Day Nineteen---105 squats--30 with hand weights--5 one legged squats on each leg---10 elevator squats (like the video)
    Day Twenty---rest day except for 22,000 steps walking dogs
    Day Twenty-one---125 squats--30 with hand weights and the rest with pulsing at the bottom
    Day Twenty-two----130 squats---some with hand weights some with pulses
    Day Twenty-three--135 squats--40 with hand weights--some with pulses----10 curtsy---40 while holding two dog leashes and a flashlight:laugh:
    Day Twenty-four---140 squats---40 with hand weights----some pulses, some one legged, some curtsey
    Day Twenty-five--rest day :bigsmile: :bigsmile: no squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Twenty-six--160 squats (accidentally did a few too many :laugh: ) did some while watching TV and folding laundry

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: Kevrit, will the new challenge start with a low number of squats or keep on going from here?

:bigsmile: I am very grateful for the dry weather we've been having and the chance to work on the project in my yard that is one of my goals for July.
  • yanniejannie
    Did 60 at the gym.....increased my hand weights to 4lb./each......will post again when finished.

On the weight total----almost to that elephant!!!!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 2: 35 squats - done: same as Day 1 + 5 more regular squats
    Day 3: 40 squats - done: same as Day 1 but 10 single leg squats on each side
    Day 4: 45 squats - done: 10 regular; 10 elevator down 1/up 3; 10 elevator down3/up 1, 10 regular slow, 5 pulses
    Day 5: was suppose to be a rest day but the DVD I got from the library probably had me doing over 100 squats/Plies many with weights
    Day 6: 55 squats - done: same as Day 3 plus 10 super slow squats and 5 pulses
    Day 7: 60 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 10 1 legged right, 10 1 legged left, 10 curtsy.
    Day 8: 65 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 5 pulses
    Day 9: 70 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 10 curtsy
    Day 10: rest
    Day 11: 80 squats - done: did a Bob Harper Strength DVD and did well over 100 squats all with weights - regular, 1 legged, long holds, jumping, etc.

It was one tough session...I was dripping sweat. I feel good now we'll see how long that lasts.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm crazy busy with work, need to run some errands and have a condolance call to make tonight. DD and DH are both sick so I'll be on my own.:cry:

Everyone have a great day, Jodios :smile: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kevrit
    Almost done my 155, only need 25 more. Been crazy busy again today! Only 2 more days to go!! Then I will restart this under the 50+ group.
  • kevrit
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Ten--rest from squats but 29,000 steps walking dogs and walking with a friend
    Day Fifteen----rest day from squats---29,000 steps and two line dance classes laugh
    Day Eighteen---95 squats---30 with hand weights --- 5 one legged squats on each leg (not with hand weights:laugh:
    Day Nineteen---105 squats--30 with hand weights--5 one legged squats on each leg---10 elevator squats (like the video)
    Day Twenty-one---125 squats--30 with hand weights and the rest with pulsing at the bottom
    Day Twenty-three--135 squats--40 with hand weights--some with pulses----10 curtsy---40 while holding two dog leashes and a flashlight:laugh:
    Day Twenty-four---140 squats---40 with hand weights----some pulses, some one legged, some curtsey
    Day Twenty-five--rest day :bigsmile: :bigsmile: no squats but lots of dog walking
    Day Twenty-six--160 squats (accidentally did a few too many :laugh: ) did some while watching TV and folding laundry

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: Kevrit, will the new challenge start with a low number of squats or keep on going from here?

:bigsmile: I am very grateful for the dry weather we've been having and the chance to work on the project in my yard that is one of my goals for July.

I will try to set up 2, one with the low number and one continuing from here. I wanted to try something else too (a surprise challenge!) :bigsmile:
  • yanniejannie
    OK 155 squats done; finished them up when I went to the gym tonight for yoga, no weights tonight.......AND I have lifted that elephant---I hit the 27,000lb. for my first elephant and ended up with 31,390..........I've never done anything like this before and I am feeling like I really did something major (for me, anyway)!!!

Trying a zumba class tomorrow morning; also new for me.

jodios..boy, you really made it a hard work out!!!

Squat on, friends!
    yanniejannie
  • barbiecat
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Twenty-seven---170 squats (I guess I like them in multiples of 10)---40 with hand weights

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, congrats on lifting the elephant---next job whale or ocean liner :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: kevrit----I hope there will be a rest day before the next challenge....this has been a lot of squats
  • kevrit
    One more day to go! Did my 165 for today. Real busy...... Be back later.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Here is the challenge:
    Day 1 - 30-DONE
    Day 2 - 35
    Day 3 - 40
    Day 4 - 45
    Day 5 - Rest
    Day 6 - 55
    Day 7 - 60
    Day 8 - 65
    Day 9 - 70
    Day 10 - Rest
    Day 11 - 85
    Day 12 - 90
    Day 13 - 95
    Day 14 - 100
    Day 15 - Rest
    Day 16 - 75
    Day 17 - 85
    Day 18 - 95
    Day 19 - 105
    Day 20 - Rest
    Day 21 - 125
    Day 22 - 130
    Day 23 - 135
    Day 24 - 140
    Day 25 - Rest
    Day 26 - 155
    Day 27 - 165
    Day 28 - 170
  • jodios528
    Day 1: 30 squats - done: 10 regular, 10 pliee (spelled wrong on purpose because autocorrect keeps changing it to "pile" , 5 one legged right side, 5 one legged left side
    Day 4: 45 squats - done: 10 regular; 10 elevator down 1/up 3; 10 elevator down3/up 1, 10 regular slow, 5 pulses
    Day 5: was suppose to be a rest day but the DVD I got from the library probably had me doing over 100 squats/Plies many with weights
    Day 7: 60 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 10 1 legged right, 10 1 legged left, 10 curtsy.
    Day 8: 65 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 5 pulses
    Day 9: 70 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left and 10 curtsy
    Day 11: 85 squats - done: did a Bob Harper Strength DVD and did well over 100 squats all with weights - regular, 1 legged, long holds, jumping, etc.
    Day 12: 95 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left, 20 curtsy, 5 elevator down3/up 1, 5 elevator down 1/up 3, 5 regular slow, 5 pulses (I know that totals to 100 but I lost count and didn't realize - more is better though :laugh: )

Oh my this is getting tougher. I'm sore! I'll need to figure out where I start the new challenge. I agree with Barbie - a rest day would be nice!

Yanniejannie - How was Zumba? I did a dance DVD this morning that is similar (no verbal cues). It was a blast and quite a workout!

Have a great day, Jodios
  • kevrit
    Here is the link to the next challenge. I hope you all continue!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1040872-move-it-move-it-challange
  • yanniejannie
    165...finished! Did most at zumba, which I liked, pom poms and all! However, the room was very crowded. Crazy day, just got home.

Barbie........the elephant challenge is, "How many elephants can you lift in three months?" So......I guess I'm still lifting those pesky pachyderms.
  • I will try this too! What is the worst that could come of it? Haha.
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: kevrit, the new challenge is part of a group that I don't belong to.......I like the squat challenge and will continue with that but the rest of it doesn't fit into the kind of exercise that I do.

:heart: Barbie

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif
  • jodios528
    Day 11: 85 squats - done: did a Bob Harper Strength DVD and did well over 100 squats all with weights - regular, 1 legged, long holds, jumping, etc.
    Day 12: 95 squats - done: 15 regular, 15 plies, 15 1 legged right, 15 1 legged left, 20 curtsy, 5 elevator down3/up 1, 5 elevator down 1/up 3, 5 regular slow, 5 pulses (I know that totals to 100 but I lost count and didn't realize - more is better though )
    Day 13 105 squats - done: same as yesterday but added 5 more slow squats

I knocked these out after our bike ride while we were in the parking lot and my DH was loading the bikes back on the rack. At first my DD was embarassed but then when I pointed out there was no one else there she joined in :laugh: :laugh:

kervit - I looked at the new challenge and it doesn't really fit for me either. I'm planning on finishing this squat challenge but I'll need to find something else when I'm done. thanks though :cry:

Have a great day, Jodios :smile: :happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Day One---30 squats
    Day Two----35 squats
    Day Three---40 squats
    Day Four---45 squats
    Day Six--55 squats
    Day Seven---60 squats
    Day Eight---65 squats
    Day Nine---70 squats
    Day Twenty-seven---170 squats (I guess I like them in multiples of 10)---40 with hand weights
    Day Twenty-eight--170 squats---30 with hand weights--the rest with pulses while walking dogs

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, I look forward to hearing about the herd of elephants you will lift

:flowerforyou: kevrit----I will start the harder squat challenge on Friday but not the ladder and won't be joining your group

:flowerforyou: Jodios, I often embarrass my husband with my fitness activities in public places but he is learning to live with it.....starting Friday I will begin kevrit's harder squat challenge (staring with 150 and gradually getting to 230 at the end of the month.......I'll post my results here.....when you start a new challenge, I hope you'll share it with me in case it's something that I'd like to try
  • kevrit
    Looks like I made the new challenge too hard! LOL Well, I suggested only doing what you can. For me, I will do the easy squat challange again. The ladder is just an added challenge if you want to increase your activity. As I posted on that challenge, do what you can and use the topic to post your achievements! I am planning on moving soon, so may not even complete the challenge myself. Oh well, At least I will begin it.

I completed the 170 for today and will take tomorrow off then begin the new challenge on Friday!

Good luck everyone and thanks for participating.

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • jodios528
    Barbie - I definitely want to continue with the squat challenge. I'm a bit confused though - are you just going to keep it going on this thread? I'll definitely let you know if I start another challenge.

kevrit - just to be clear it's not that the challenge seems too hard it's just I have a regular exercise routine that I'm already amping up and I don't know how I would fit in the time for the ladder given work and other commitments. I'm doing cardio 3x/wk, strength training 2x/week, yoga and 1 day of rest (which may or may not be the day I teach yoga). I'm kicking up the workouts trying to go longer, harder or lift more. I really want to focus on that.

Have a great evening, Jodios