chub rub aka thigh gap

Options
14567810»

Replies

• lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't hold any hope for ever having a thigh gap. I have always had thick thighs...runs in the family. All my jeans break by the thighs rubbing out, even when I was younger and thinner. I don't really care either. I like the over all shape of my body. :) If somebody doesn't they can go jump off a cliff for all I care.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 122 lbs, so at the low end of healthy for my height, and also 17% bf (give or take). I have only the barest of gaps, and I'm totally fine with that! I think it's just not something my pear shape and bone structure support at a healthy weight.
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I do not think i have ever had a thigh gap and doubt i ever will as am very pear shaped. At 5' 8" and 322lb walking a mile wearing leggings caused me to wear a hole though leggings and for skin to be bleeding :sad:
    That is seriously excessive thigh rubbing force. Leggings are not meant to be a daily disposable item of clothing :noway:
    At 180lb I remember being able to get away with tights and being able to wear them several times at least.
    For now at 279lb I can walk a mile in my leggings without wearing them in to a hole so that is progress at least. I would not dream of going bare thighed except for bedroom activities:tongue:
    Anyone with this issue has my full sympathy as it stings like hell when gets sore, excellent motivation to stick at the weight loss though:flowerforyou:
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What if I don't have a thigh gap or a chub rub?!?! Does this mean I need to work on my quads more?!?!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together. Looking at the me from the waist up, you would think I was tiny, but I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. When I run, I cannot wear shorts...and in this 100 + degree Alabama weather, it sucks!

I feel your pain.

Wear 7 inch long "sliders" or compression shorts underneath regular running shorts. Keeps the rub from happening!!

I have seen these mentioned before. Are they in the sports dept? Do they come in large sizes?
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Baby powder was my most terrific friend for those chafing thighs :)

I was actually thinking about this topic this morning as I was remembering wearing out my pants there often and it would always happen on whatever jeans were currently my favorite
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    ive heard people put bar deodorant one their thighs and it makes your thighs slip and slide :P
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh god, thigh rub was the WORST. i knew that whenever i wore a dress or skirt and was going to be walking a lot, i'd be sore by the end of the day. i'd even plan around it if i could to not wear a skirt or dress if i'd be walking a lot. even if i wanted to wear one! i'd wear holes in my jeans....it'd be so embarrassing, and i didn't want to get rid of my jeans 'cause they were still good otherwise! and since it was worn away, i'd get the irritation anyways!

i'm 5' 4", and now 121 lbs. my thighs still touch, but only a little. they do not cause me irritation, though, even when i walk around for hours in a skirt or dress. though much of what's there is fat, i do know some is extra skin, so as i lose these last ~5 lbs i may still have the touching -- but we'll see. but, yeah, at 5' 4" and 121 lbs it's thankfully no longer a big problem!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!