chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to use deodorant on my thighs when i wear shorts on my treadmill...I use my boyfriends :) shh.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    PLEASE WATCH -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrP82BXVGQ

These guys are awesome :)
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Thanks for the body glide hint! Have always had thigh rub! Blech!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Lol you couldn't have used a worse example. Yeah people do want to get taller and you know what they do to become taller?
    puberty,heels, lifts,going into space, and surgery. Being taller can be achieved if not mimicked.
    What I am saying is what is so morally wrong with wanting a gap? How is it any different from someone saying I want bigger boobs,whiter straighter teeth,smaller nose,perky boobs,scars removed smaller waist,etc,etc. All the things I mentioned are naturally unattainable because that's just how your body isn't meant to be.

Legs play a big part in beauty in society, so if a person wants to have or try to attain the dream legs they have it's wrong but they can do the same for any other parts? Like I keep telling some of you don't have to be skinny to have thigh gaps, yes I clearly know it's down to genetics for a lot of people they do have the wide hips to achieve it, just too much fat. If they want to try to see if they can let them, if not they still have a killer body. I don't see people like u who waste time bashing other peoples opinion on beauty. If someone wants to do something with your body, let them it's not yours and you have no right t tell them they shouldn't.
    It's not a crime to think legs with a gap are better looking than legs without. Like in my previous post there are any reasons for why people just don't want there thighs to rum. Also note even Beyonce has a thigh gap, let it go and live your ife.
    You... you totally missed the point... I've never seen anyone miss the point so spectacularly before... You're saying there's an equivalent to going into space for achieving a thigh gap. Done.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch ... I don't mind it ... that's what SPANX are for! Like everyone said, it depends on your shape. I don't mind if my thighs rub ... I do mind if someone is rubbing my thigh! HA
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have no clue why it's socially acceptable on this forum to pursue a six pack, but not a thigh gap. Neither is an indication of health, but if you say you are pursuing six pack, people will high five you. If you say you want a thigh gap, you will get called all sorts of nasty names, and the anorexia accusations will fly everywhere.

In regards to the gap, it's not just aesthetics- it's also about comfort. Mine showed up when I got under 140 lbs, and I will tell you from experience how much I love not having my thighs rub together when I wear skirts.

Even if you can't get the gap, reducing the size of your thighs is going to reduce the amount of rub overall, which I think is a good thing - especially on a hot day.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    And while genetics can play a part, comparing it to wanting to be taller is a bit much.

You can never change your height, but you can change your weight. At 200 lbs, my thighs not only touched, but they were shoved together. At 125, I've got a good inch and a half of gap.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight, which was slighter heavier than a paper weight, my thighs touched. It's mostly how you are built and not how much you weigh.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Man I did a 5K and I thought I was gonna start a fire with those bishes! LOL I don't know, but I'd really not like to have my thighs looks like I have hickies after running!

ok...THIS...this made me LOL. she speaks the truth though.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape and type. Mine appeared at 140 lbs (I'm 5'9"), which is close to the middle of my BMI range. I'm now at 125, and it's pretty signicant now.

I posted a rather humorous topic last night about my husband achieving the thigh gap at the top of his BMI range this week. Men are different animals altogether, of course...

125 at 5'9" wow. That's really underweight.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    And while genetics can play a part, comparing it to wanting to be taller is a bit much.

You can never change your height, but you can change your weight. At 200 lbs, my thighs not only touched, but they were shoved together. At 125, I've got a good inch and a half of gap.

I think the point is that if you don't have the bone structure it will be difficult if not imposible to obtain one. If you are heavy and lose weight and get a thigh gap you always had the bone structure for it...
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Depends on your body shape and type. Mine appeared at 140 lbs (I'm 5'9"), which is close to the middle of my BMI range. I'm now at 125, and it's pretty signicant now.

I posted a rather humorous topic last night about my husband achieving the thigh gap at the top of his BMI range this week. Men are different animals altogether, of course...

125 at 5'9" wow. That's really underweight.

I have a fine build already, and technically speaking it is not underweight. I still have a BMI of 18.5 which is in the healthy range. It's not REALLY underweight. lol
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together. Looking at the me from the waist up, you would think I was tiny, but I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. When I run, I cannot wear shorts...and in this 100 + degree Alabama weather, it sucks!

I feel your pain.

i feel ya. i have some running shorts but they frive me crazy!! I find pants/capris more comfortable but want cute shorts so bad!
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't know when I got the gap,- wasn't there and thighs rubbed when I started at 191 lbs and I have a good 2" gap at 146 lbs and no rub. Nothing wrong in wanting to change shape - we can all dream! Got to wear my first cute shorts for years this summer- feels great! x
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Oh my gosh! :sad:
  • mcquty23
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 139-160 is considered to be a healthy weight
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've always had "chub rub", even when I was tiny and extremely fit.

There's something else going on here though and it's all to do with money. No one had even heard of a "thigh gap" until recently. It's just the latest thing that's being touted to make us insecure and dissatisfied with our bodies. You wait - it won't be long till we see products and plastic surgery procedures to get that "perfect thigh gap". It's just a rolling circus - breasts, wrinkles, etc etc - even our genitals! We're being being sold an "ideal" shape which is unachievable for most people.

I love the quote from Anita Rod**** ( of The Body Shop): “There are 3 billion women in the world who don't look like supermodels and only 8 that do.”
  • michaelahurstt
    Options
    I had a thigh gap when i was 18-20 but from anti depressants and medication I gained 27kg I now weigh 85kg i'm trying to get back down to 63 can't wait to get my summer bod back! I am 180cm tall to so my legs are very long :D
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i love my thigh gap, i probably gained mine at 140lbs
  • TeeMac64
    TeeMac64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    my thighs are best friends....;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!