anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options
the_britster
the_britster Posts: 84 Member
Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

Replies

• poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 147 lbs. I am nowhere near happy. sure I've lost 20 lbs but I am still at 30-31% BF. I jiggle everywhere, I am still a big size and I am the only fat member of my family so it can get really frustrating.

Around 3-4 years ago I was 120 lbs and still didn't like my body, but back then I didn't workout and I just wasn't toned. Now the only thought that comes to my mind is "What the hell was I thinking, I was great back then?"

Anyway it is important to find a goal for yourself for which you will feel comfortable and happy. I know I ain't at the moment, but I will get there.

I forgot to add - my goal weight is 116 lbs.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a size uk 10/12 and weigh in at 164 lbs and I'm really happy with how I look and feel, don't get hung up by numbers they are only a guide line ????
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 142lbs, a UK size 6-8 and to be honest - I am not happy. It's not really the weight, it's more my body fat percentage. I have some excess skin that needs to disappear. But I am working on this. I have lost 54lbs with 13lbs more to go.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 142lbs, a UK size 6-8 and to be honest - I am not happy. It's not really the weight, it's more my body fat percentage. I have some excess skin that needs to disappear. But I am working on this. I have lost 54lbs with 13lbs more to go.

isnt it funny how people can be the same weight but such different sizes?! when i started on MFP i was 140lbs at 5ft 5 and a uk 12, almost a 14 for trousers!
  • kellehbeans
    Options

isnt it funny how people can be the same weight but such different sizes?! when i started on MFP i was 140lbs at 5ft 5 and a uk 12, almost a 14 for trousers!

It really is! A lot of people I have found at this weight and height are generally about size 12. I dunno what happened with me. :laugh:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 130 lbs. Ecstatically happy. Does that help?
  • poma91
    Options

It really is! A lot of people I have found at this weight and height are generally about size 12. I dunno what happened with me. :laugh:

What should I say then :bigsmile: I am somewhere in between UK size 14 and 16:grumble:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 5ft 2 and 150 lbs and Im happy,I have no desire to be 120lbs,Im very fit cycle 12 miles 3 times a week(weather permitting) walk for 9 km days Im not on the bike,sure Im not perfect but Ive had 5 pregnancies and my body will not see 20 years old again!!I am a constant work in progress,if I loose more weight I wouldnt mind getting to 140lbs but have no desire to go under that,I was once and it just did not suit me personally!!!!!
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5ft 4 and 143lbs. I'm far from being happy or confident about my body yet but I'm much happier than I was (I started at 168). Everyone carries weight differently so although I am not happy at this weight, you may look great around 145. I tend to carry weight around the middle and that doesn't tend to go until I'm closer to 130 or less.

I lost weight before without exercising and I have compared my pictures from how I look now (I have been exercising this time) to how I looked then at 145ish and I look much slimmer this time. So it also depends on how much you're exercising and toning because that can take inches off. You'll feel much happier if that's happening. :smile:
  • wooface
    wooface Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 144 pounds and currently happy because the scale is still moving down. I started at 156lbs.

I used to be 120lbs, but it was very very very hard to maintain. I can just look at food and gain a couple of pounds these days! My goal is to get to 135 and see what's what :)

I agree with the other posters - it depends on how our individual bodies store the fat... and I think it also depends on if you are doing some sort of weight training as you could look lovely and ripped at 145. It's hard not to compare ourselves with other people ... especially when we are all working so hard.

Good luck on your journey :)

Feel free to add me as a friend - if we are working to the same goals, it can help :)

Well wishes. Kate x
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4" and weigh 158 now! I'm happy with the changes to my body that I've made but 145 is my goal weight. Add me!!
  • DuchessEmmy
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'5" and 142 pounds. I'm a size 6 and not content with my weight at all. I think the reason there are such differences in sizes at the same height and weight is that muscle weighs more than fat. When I tell people how much I weigh they always seem shocked by the high number. I have always been very athletic and weighed more than I "looked" like I did. I do have a some squish in the middle, (due to having 5 kids and an affinity for ice cream). But, I'm working on it. Good luck!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and about 160lbs - put a little back on recently, but 145-7lbs was/is my goal weight.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3-5'4 (depending on time of day when I measure height!) and at 149 I still do not look slim. I did get to 143lb but still had a belly and fat spots though did look much better. My aim is 133lb (9 1/2 stone) which I would have thought was too heavy in my 20s but now, in my 40s I would be more than happy to get back to.
  • kellehbeans
    Options

What should I say then :bigsmile: I am somewhere in between UK size 14 and 16:grumble:

Reduce your body fat! That's all I can say. But you knew that. :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • poma91
    Options

Reduce your body fat! That's all I can say. But you knew that. :flowerforyou: Good luck!

:bigsmile: That's the ultimate goal I guess. I did manage to lose 2% of BF with those 20 lbs though :) Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", 124.5 lb, very unhappy! Always feel good when I were 110-115 lb. Work in progress.
  • dgagnon62
    dgagnon62 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5'2........sitting at 131 right now, and still wanting to drop a few more. I am happy with how my body looks, but I think we all get caught up with the numbers. When I first started, I was 160ish, and I wasn't even thinking I would get to 140, so I was setting that as my goal, but when I got there, I was like, "Hey, I can do more"........I think it is a personal goal we all have to reach within ourselves. When I was in high school, my first license said 125, so if I can get back to that, in my head, I will be happy, but at 46 years old now, two adult kids, I would have never thought I would have seen those numbers......take the numbers and throw them out......don't worry about the numbers as much as feeling happy......you said it in the title.......do you feel happy? Feeling happy is much more than how you look......You might never achieve the magical numbers on the scale you might want, but that doesn't mean you aren't happy and healthy. And, going by other peoples body types and goals doesn't help either, as you will read on here......We are all built different.....I have three sisters, and we are all built differently.....so be happy where you are right now, work on what you need to work on, at your own rate, and do it slowly....this is a lifestyle that if you adopt, will make you happy forever! I have been working at dropping weight since December, and have slowly dropped almost 30 lbs.........do I feel great? Yes, but that doesn't define me......am I happy? Yes, but not because I am thinner, because I have a wonderful husband who would support me, no matter what! Keep it up! :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, 144lbs, have lost 26 lbs since starting MFP in November last year but all in all around 35 lbs in the last 3 years. I am a size 10/12, I am quite happy with my size overall, would just like to bring numbers down to a nice 140lbs. But then I am 46 years old and have had 4 children, I presume a lot of women replying to this are quite a bit younger, I think if you added some strength training to your exercise routine your clothes size would go down nicely and probably give you a new perspective on how you look at your fitness goals. Everybody is different, it is a great thing to be able to come on here and be inspired and motivated by the many fantastic women you will see, but you have to look at your body, compare with yourself, not others. I have looked at your profile and you are doing so well, keep up the good work, by the way there is a thread on here that shows that Marilyn was into a bit of strength training too :wink:
  • jackieleannebowman
    jackieleannebowman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started at 176 in January (size 12/14 dress/pants); and have lost 28 lbs since and am down 13% body fat (now 26%), weight 148 lbs and am now a size 6/8 (dress/pants and can fit into a 4 sometimes!). I have done strength training through bootcamps and similar excersises at home almost every day, worked up from 1km to 10 km in running (but have now started more High-Intensity-Interval-traning for running rather than distance). I didn't lose much weight, but am amazed at the results of my body from strength training. When I started a couldn't do one sit-up! But I kept with it, and have lost so many dress sizes and body fat that the scale number is almost -irrelevant to me.

Am I happy? YES!! I am happy at my accomplishment, my dedication to this, my engery-level, my attitude, my confidence and my body of course!! 145 can be very different depending on your body fat% but for me I am the perfect size 8 I always wanted to be even though I am still 12 lbs away from my goal!

P.S. FYI -my profile pic is pre-weight loss :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!