anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and would love to be 145lbs.. I going for 150... so 145 would be awesome.
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I find this site helps alot.
    It shows women at the same height/weight ratio
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • kisooni
    kisooni Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and currently about 190 lbs. I used to be 145 at one point about 2 or 3 years ago and wasn't happy. However, looking back at my old pictures I don't understand why I thought I was so big. Well, it was probably because I had so many super tiny friends. I would LOVE to be 145 again.
  • jenniferalbanese4
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 146 and I'm very happy. I started out at 174 and I rarely look at the scale anymore. More of a maintenance thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have continuous goals. They have just changed from weight loss to muscle mass and strength goals. Do whatever makes you happy and works for you.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 150-160. I was once 275 pounds and I got down to 144 and was told by many people that I looked sick. When I weight between 150-160 I wear a size 8, some 6's and I am absolutely happy with that. The bikini pic in my profile pics is me at 150. Everyone is built differently and what looks nice on one person may not look the same on another. If I had not gotten pregnant I will still be at 150 and extremely happy...however, I'm not worried...I did it once before, I can do it again.

Happiness comes from within. Only you can define your own happiness. :happy:
  • wokeupnew
    wokeupnew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 142lbs, a UK size 6-8 and to be honest - I am not happy. It's not really the weight, it's more my body fat percentage. I have some excess skin that needs to disappear. But I am working on this. I have lost 54lbs with 13lbs more to go.

isnt it funny how people can be the same weight but such different sizes?! when i started on MFP i was 140lbs at 5ft 5 and a uk 12, almost a 14 for trousers!

I was a UK 14 in trousers at 150 and am now a UK12 at 140! You're right, it's bizarre!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    143 and 5'5" and pretty happy. About 23% body fat currently. Would like to get down to 135 but it's slow going right now. Been plateaued since early April.

I would also have to add that if you do some lifting, you'll be happier with how you look. More lean muscle mass and tone looks better no matter what your weight. I look at some skinny fats who are thinner than I am now and realize my body fat percentage is probably actually lower than theirs...
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I was 145 pounds before I got pregnant.

I wasn't really stressing too much about my weight at the time, but I also wasn't happy with it. I found myself sucking in and hiding my tummy with my purse if I was sitting down. I wore between a size 7/8 and 9/10.

My goal is 120-125 pounds. I think that will look good on me but everybody's body type is different. You'll know when you feel good about your weight so just do what makes YOU comfortable!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My friend/coach is 5'4 and 142 and GORGEOUS. She is proud of her weight because it's muscle. Don't worry about the goal weight so much. Measurements, photos, and clothes are a much better way of gauging fat loss than that stupid scale. I've gained 10 pounds since I've started heavily working out and logging on MFP and while this site doesn't encourage gains sometimes it's a very good thing.

I think MFP encourages healthy and fit, and if that means gaining weight, I do know some who are on here to gain, too.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently 141.5 lbs. Not at all happy at this weight!!! I started on here in January at 147.5lbs and a UK size 12 and I'm now down to a 10 after working out 6 days a week for months. I found it really hard to get the 6 lbs off that I've lost so far due to following advice to eat more (which didn't work for me!). Now I'm eating low carb and lower calories netting around 1000 per day. I've also decreased my activity and instead of burning off 3500-4000 calories through exercise I'm burning 2000 per week and think that's helped too.

I've been 178lbs before around 12 years ago at my heaviest and was really depressed and became really shy and self-conscious. I initially lost the weight and got down to 122lbs and body fat of around 28% but I was still flabby with wobbly thighs and arms so not 100% happy at that weight either but that was down to lack of weight training (I only did cardio back then). I looked great in clothes though and was finally a size which suited my small to medium frame - a UK size 6-8.

Now I am aiming to get down to 116lbs and ideally 22-23% body fat as I think I'd look good on that but I'm currently around 29.5% (down from 31.5%) so still a long way to go.

I feel huge at my current weight but think it's mainly down to where my fat is distributed ie. a huge amount of it is on my upper arms, bum and thighs. It makes me look really fat in those areas although I have a small face/neck, thin forearms and calves and a small waist.

I think that realistically 116lbs or even a little more with much lower body fat will be much better and I'll look and feel stronger rather than just shrinking in size.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 156 lbs right now and YES, i am happy. I like the way my body looks. I wear a size 8 and i have a decent amount of muscle. I do want to get down to 140-145 but if i don't, i'm happy where i am. I do not have a flat tummy and still have some thigh jiggle but overall i think my body looks pretty hot. If im being completely honest, I don't want to go under 140 because i dont know that i'd want to maintain that.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 140-145 is my goal weight, although I am more focused on getting down to 20% bf.

Currently I am 159 (down from 180, you can see the progress in my profile pic) and wear US size 8 all across the board. My body fat is about 26%, so I am weirdly heavy. Lots of people peg me at 140lbs right now.

It's too hard to compare yourself to others btw!!!

This is me completely! I'm 5'5 and 156 lbs so only a slight difference but also a comfortable size 8 and my body fat is 26.5%. Nobody ever believes what i weigh and ive actually had to get on the scale in front of family members lol.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Believe me at a current weight of 140-145lbs with 26% body fat you are not weirdly heavy at all! Sounds like you've got a lot more muscle than I do as I'me around 29.5% body fat at 141.5 lbs.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, started somewhere between 145-150 and I now weigh 122. I was a size 8-10 depending on where you shop of course. I'm about a 4 now, and loving it .
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 6" 134lbs size 6 US and almost happy. I would like to go down in body fat a little, the number on the scale doesn't bother me
  • aliciaje
    aliciaje Posts: 83
    Options
    Believe me at a current weight of 140-145lbs with 26% body fat you are not weirdly heavy at all! Sounds like you've got a lot more muscle than I do as I'me around 29.5% body fat at 141.5 lbs.

Nope my goal weight is 140-145! I am 159 and 26% bf, definitely weirdly heavy! I have massive amounts of muscle though and people tend to ask if I've trained as an athlete. But no, just a healthy upbringing of lots of different sports!
    This is me completely! I'm 5'5 and 156 lbs so only a slight difference but also a comfortable size 8 and my body fat is 26.5%. Nobody ever believes what i weigh and ive actually had to get on the scale in front of family members lol.

Yay! I am not alone in this world haha
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Nope my goal weight is 140-145! I am 159 and 26% bf, definitely weirdly heavy! I have massive amounts of muscle though and people tend to ask if I've trained as an athlete. But no, just a healthy upbringing of lots of different sports!

Yay! I am not alone in this world haha

I'm so late, but I'm with you guys. 5'3.5 in and about 150. I'm a US size 6/8 and no one believes for a second that I weigh that much. 145 is like my ultimate goal, for my body type I could never be healthily smaller than that nor would I want to. I'm very happy with my size, just want to work on my muscles a bit!
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 5ft4 and my goal weight is between 65 and 70kg (upper end of BMI scale as I'm large framed). My plan is to lift heavy to reduce my BF% so when I get to my goal, the scales won't be a big deal for me it will be how I look and feel, I'm aiming for low 20s in BF%. At my lightest I was 68kg and an Australian size 12 up top and 14 on bottom (pear shaped). I was extremely happy at that weight and was super active (Rugby training 3x a week, a full game of Rugby on the weekend and riding my bike or walking about 10km a day 5 days a week).
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'5, 140 lbs and I love it! I'm happier than I have been in years. I'm still continuing with my weight loss in hopes of losing some of the last bit of stubborn belly fat and see just how well I can do but I'd still be pretty happy even if I stayed right where I am. I have met and surpassed my original goal of 150 lbs and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Am I perfectly satisfied with my body? No. Could I do better? Yes, and I plan to try. But I am healthy, content and comfortable in my own skin first the first time in years and thats all I ever really wanted.
    IMG1991.jpg
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb at 140lbs. I'm 5ft 4 and was finding UK12 trousers tight and uncomfortable. I'm now 117lbs and I look like this -> :happy: every morning! I'm wearing mostly UK10 because that is what I have, but I could buy size 8 in some stores/styles if I was shopping for more clothes. I used 5:2 to lose the weight and my goal was 124lbs, since I reached that (it took just under 11 weeks) I have started 6:1 yet continued to lose. If I'm not fasting, I eat up to TDEE, but if I'm out for dinner I have what I fancy and dessert too! I don't do any strength training but use the cross-trainer 2x week and run 4x week (anything from 3 miles to 7+). My body fat scales had me at <20% for the first time last night. I'm much happier with my reflection than I was four months ago and I didn't think it possible to reach this weight and maintain it easily. I'm 45 with two teens so no spring chicken either!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!