anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    The same weight isn't only different on different people, it can be very different on the same person depending on lean mass.

I'm currently about 143, and much happier than I was at 141, 135 and even 130 two years ago.

bb799c59-9c77-4e73-94b5-1c7ed1099844_zps3426a091.jpg

Medications and illness and winter blahs made me gain a little weight over the past few months. I'd like to lose a little bit more body fat to be where I was at the end of last year again, but I'm not tied to any number on the scale anymore. I wear anything from a size 2 to a 10 depending on the garment, usually a 4 or 6.

^THIS!!!! <3
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    5'4, 130 lbs and a size 4/6. Pretty happy but I'm still a work in progress.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    My ticker shows me at 5'4 1/2" and approx 142 to 145 lbs. Yes I was happy. It was a good weight and easy to sustain.

Then I quit smoking and entered peri-menopause! It is my goal to return to :blushing:

Wasaga.jpg

... edited to add the photo where you could judge.
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". My 1st goal weight was 145. Got there and am now currently dropping another 10 lbs so I can see how I feel at 135.
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Considering that 140 is my goal weight, I think I'll be ecstatic when I get there. I haven't been below 160 since high school; 20 odd years ago. The 25 pounds that I have lost have sent me to the 180's, and a smaller pant size than I've been in decades. I think it's the heavy weights, I'm definitely changing shape.

Yeah, forgot to add that I'm 5'5".
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and when I hit 135 is when I was unhappy and started working out. I'm now down to 125, and content but still not happy. But I've learned that it's not so much about how much you weigh as it is body composition. I'm at the point where I want to build muscle and don't care about the scale. If my weight goes up, but I lose inches and my body fat% goes down, I will be happy.
  • Mexi1Rose2
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 151. I was pretty happy hovering around 130-135 even 140 was comfortable. I've been yo-yoing, I'm back on the health wagon trying to lose this extra weight. Mainly for my body fat% which is pretty high right now. I'd like to have it back on the lower end of normal.

It's all going to depend on YOU if your happy. We all carry weight differently on our bodies. I'm a pear shape,and can hide it well, but i can't hide how i feel. Know what I mean?
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 144 pounds. I'm comfortable enough at this weight to take a few weeks off to maintain and tone. I'm not thrilled with how I look and I'd like to lose another 20 pounds but I started at 195 so I'm a lot more confident and comfortable than I was 9 months ago. I wear mostly 8's, a few 10's and 6 at LOFT. I'm really small busted and wear a size 6 dress.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my weight flucuates between 138-142. I am very happy at this size. I wear a 4-6 in pants and I do not want to get any smaller, because when I do, my butt and boobs get even flatter!! LOL But seriously, i am hoping to stay roughly where I am, I am now just working on strength training and tightening my core, since my belly is my problem area.

ETA: If I do lose more, I won't mind, but overall I wouldnt care if I stayed around 140 and got to 20% BF. I started off over 250 pounds and wearing a size 16-18, so fitting in a size 4 is already a dream come true for me! :laugh:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and around 148 now. Not happy. My lowest weight late last summer was around 135 and I still had a lot of belly fat. That is my worst area by far and I feel like I would need to get down to around 125 or less to see improvement there.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Am 5'5" and currently 135. I have never been happy in the 140s or even in the 130s. My goal weight is 125 and I'd like to be toned. I've been 120 before and was small. One thing I never lose at any size is my *kitten*!
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and 139 lbs. Ive already lost 20lbs but no, not happy, but getting there... my arms are getting defined, im stronger, I have a waist and im getting a bum (yay!)

Still flabby in the tummy and hips so im aiming to lose another 5 - 10lbs and see if im happy then.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (well, 5' 3.5") and my original goal was 140. As I got closer to that goal, I realized I still had so much more work to do on toning up, particularly in my tummy, hips and thighs. My body fat % is still over 30. So I keep working at it and am down to 138 this week. I've lost 17 lbs in 2013. I never planned to go this low, but now that I'm here, I'm thinking the low 130s might be nice!

Perhaps you could make 145 your initial goal, but there's a good chance that once you get there, you'll want to do more.
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 142lbs, a UK size 6-8 and to be honest - I am not happy. It's not really the weight, it's more my body fat percentage. I have some excess skin that needs to disappear. But I am working on this. I have lost 54lbs with 13lbs more to go.

isnt it funny how people can be the same weight but such different sizes?! when i started on MFP i was 140lbs at 5ft 5 and a uk 12, almost a 14 for trousers!
    I'm 5'4" and 160lbs i'm a 12 top and bottom, strange the way it works
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I see so many that aren't happy at whatever weight they are at. Now if they just mean they aren't happy with the weight or the way their body is, I understand that. But I thought you might find it interesting that at 249, with an 18 pound weight loss, I'm happy. I worked VERY hard on finding peace and joy inside myself before I ever came to the point of working on the weight. So now this journey is exciting cause I'm learning and I can actually believe I'm going to reach my goal weight of 138. I know I love myself now so I will love myself then. It took a lot of work though I used to not even like me. I've learned too from this thread that I might want to start on some strength training as I can already see stuff hanging. :) I started at 267 wore a tight 24. Now I'm comfortably in a 22. Can't wait to see wear this journey goes. At 18 I weighed 135. I'm 5' 4 1/2'
  • thefithuntress
    Options
    My friend/coach is 5'4 and 142 and GORGEOUS. She is proud of her weight because it's muscle. Don't worry about the goal weight so much. Measurements, photos, and clothes are a much better way of gauging fat loss than that stupid scale. I've gained 10 pounds since I've started heavily working out and logging on MFP and while this site doesn't encourage gains sometimes it's a very good thing.
  • jacquiroxx922
    jacquiroxx922 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My friend/coach is 5'4 and 142 and GORGEOUS. She is proud of her weight because it's muscle. Don't worry about the goal weight so much. Measurements, photos, and clothes are a much better way of gauging fat loss than that stupid scale. I've gained 10 pounds since I've started heavily working out and logging on MFP and while this site doesn't encourage gains sometimes it's a very good thing.

^^THIS
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm not happy when i'm over 140 pounds. I'm 5ft 4. I'm an hourglass shape. I'm lucky i suppose that my weight is in proportion. I'm currently at 136 and feel a lot better but I have dropped from 30% body fat to 24% and hoping to get down to 20%. I have been 165 pounds before and dropped to 126. i found the lower weight I got the more I picked out wrong things. i felt good at 126 tho so that is my goal again.
  • savannahjanetaylor
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and 140 lbs. I'm not at all happy. It's strange that 10-20 lbs can mean the difference in wanting to flaunt all that you have and feeling like a blimp. Last year this time I was 126 lbs. I was in a bikini for the first time, felt fantastic and was even in a size 2-4 in every pair of pants that I owned. You could have put me in a burlap sack and I would have sworn that I was rocking the hell out of it. Unfortunately about 6 months ago I lost my job and gained a LOT of weight, as I had nothing to do, was pretty depressed, and had no money for a gym membership. I also had to come off of my medication that made losing weight/keeping it off a non-issue. So now, here I am at 140, and dreaming about the good ole days, cause they sure were good while the lasted (Other than the year long period of being thin, I've always struggled with my weight.)

So anyhow, today I decided to start the 30 Day Shred, and it sucked *kitten*...but I'm hoping to get back to 126...it was magical.
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4 and I'm 128.5 as of yesterday. I'm a size 4. The picture in my ticker I'm 120, my goal weight (red swimsuit.) I was skinny fat then though. I'm about to throw my scale out, because I no longer give a crap what it says. I'm happy with how I look now, but am working on toning up a bit more, if that means my weight goes up then I guess it goes up.
    In the past I've been ok with my weight under 135, happy under 130, super happy under 125, and too skinny (IMO) under 120.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!