anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 and 145 pounds I was still a size 10 and on the edge of being overweight. I'm 130 pounds right now and MUCH happier.
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    wow this topic got a lot of responses!

I'm 5'5", 145 and NO! I'M NOT HAPPY!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    My goal is around there (I'm 5'4"). According to how it's going, at that time, I should be around 26 to 27% body fat and likely a US size 6. Not sure if I'll be totally happy with that, but that'll likely be because of loose skin.
  • aliciaje
    aliciaje Posts: 83
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 140-145 is my goal weight, although I am more focused on getting down to 20% bf.

Currently I am 159 (down from 180, you can see the progress in my profile pic) and wear US size 8 all across the board. My body fat is about 26%, so I am weirdly heavy. Lots of people peg me at 140lbs right now.

It's too hard to compare yourself to others btw!!!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

For me, what I want to be weight-wise has changed. I've lost over 30 lbs and maintained now for 2 years, but never reached my "goal" of 125. Now 125 seems like a number that would make me very UN-happy, as I feel I would be restriciting my life to obtain it. I am 142 and have been for months now. I would like to be 130, but I don't have a time frame in mind and I wouldn't do anything crazy to get it. Eating at a modest deficit is doable for me and my lifestyle. Inches mean more to me than weight,

You will find what works for you, and probably before you think!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 149 lbs and not happy. I say I want to get down to 120 (I've been there before, was fit and felt the best I ever have!) but really I'm just going to start my strength training program and get to where I feel energized and fit again...whatever weight that is. Don't worry about the number as much as your health and fitness. Anywhere within the healthy range where you feel your best is what you want to aim for.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I have pictures on my profile from when I was 150lbs (my goal weight). I am 5'4". My boobs are HUGE so...that adds a few pounds, but you can get a general idea!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    @ash need better pics to compare. :love:

if im able to hit 145 ill be a happy camper.. only 30lbs to go.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com = :heart:
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    You can change your goal as you go. As you can see from all the replies, people can look very different even at the same height and weight. You have to take into account your body type. I have a friend who is the same height as me, who is much more slender. Her hips are narrow, she has narrow shoulders, she is just petite! I have broad shoulders and wide hips. We may be the same height, but we look completely different. Her healthy weight for her is under 130lbs I think she is usually about 120lbs, I got down to 130 once and looked very sick looking, it just did not work for me! My bones were all poking out and my veins started showing up. It just depends! Everyone has a different shape. :D Set a goal, and if you reach it and are unhappy, change it! Muscle makes a difference too.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 147 and not at all happy with this weight.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm 5'7, forgot to say that. lol
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and my "goal weight" is 140-145. I put that in quotes because although I would LOVE to see that number (which I haven't seen since high school almost 20 years ago), I put more emphasis on measurements and pants size. I want to wear a US size 8, and I think 140-145 would put me comfortably in that size (maybe even a size 6).

When I first started my journey back in 2005, I was 185 and wearing a very tight 14 (some 16s). By mid-2009, I was down to 154 and wearing a size 10 (and was really pretty happy with the way I looked, outside of a little too much junk in the trunk still...ahhh...the downfall of genetics). Due to some medical issues that I developed in 2010, I gained everything back and then some, peaking at 202 (in a size 14) this past fall. I'm back down to about 185 and am comfortably wearing my size 12s.

So even though I am currently the same weight as when I started, I am actually SMALLER - heck, when I was 202, I was wearing the same size as when I was 185 in 2005. It really is all about body composition.

I would be ecstatic to weigh 145 pounds (and a size 8 or maybe a 6). But I really think that, for me, going any lower than that would involve becoming absolutely fanatical/borderline crazy about my diet and my workouts, and that is simply not healthy (again, for me).
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 147 and not happy about it. I've always tended to be heavier than I looked so I don't measure by how I look or others think I look more on how I feel. I don't feel good right now. Moving towards it though :)

Make sure you think about fitness, bfp and body type. My little sister is the same height but she almost always weight 10lbs less than me, even when were at the height of our fitness. I could never be healthy and as small as her or my mum.

Good luck
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    I am currently 155 and 5'5 and miserable. I was 145 late last year and still really hated it.

Honestly though I think it depends on how you feel and what sizes you are fitting into. Last year when I was thinner I was doing a lot of weights and wasn't losing a ton of weight numbers-wise but I went from an 8 to a 4 so I think that says volumes.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and WAS 145 and I was happy when it was toned and tight and I was happy when winter came along and it got a little squishy.

My goal is 140 BEFORE winter so I am not unhappy when I gain my inevitable winter weight. Although I will try to maintain this winter I know how difficult it is for me and this is my challenge.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my pictures and you'll see a 5'5" women at around 140 pounds. And I am NOT happy. Someone at our height is better served around 125-130. Which is my goal. I luckily have an hour glass figure so I'm able to hide the weight very well under my clothes, but put me in a bathing suit and I can't handle it.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am almost exactly that and honestly I am not happy... I was up until I saw pictures of myself the other day. I should also say that I have huge problems with my body stemming from my childhood and teen years so I have a quite distorted view of what a healthy happy body should look like.

I feel like I don't look any different than I did at 214lbs even though I am 146lbs, nearly 70 lbs less. But again, that's my problem with my body, on others I absolutely see it different, it's a healthy weight and from what I have seen on others they look fantastic!
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's a tough question, because the number can vary so much depending on whether your lifting weights and building a lot of lean body mass, or just skinny.

I am 5'4 and 3/4 (LOL)
    Once upon a time, I was 150 and not exercising at all. I was all chubb, even my face. Sizes 12/14.
    Now, I am 151 and lifting weights, firmer everywhere, and range from size 6-9 (clothing varies so much!). I would like to get my BF% down a little lower, which I imagine will decrease my weight somewhat... but I'm a hell of a lot happier at this version of 150 than my previous version.

I was 120 once after eating "raw" and was waaaaay to skinny and boney, was running compulsively, no butt!! The weight came rebounding back when I went back to eating sufficient calories and cooking my food again. Won't make that mistake again...
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump.... for later
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!