anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and trying to get back to 142. At that size weight for me I'm generally a US size 6-8 & about 21 percent body fat. I carry a ton of muscle though.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere on here that a guy said he only likes women who are 5'5" and 145 lbs, and that makes him happy.
    Not sure if he means a FIT 145lbs, or just 145lbs.

145lbs at that height can be a good healthy weight.

I think in the long run it's whether you are feeling good about yourself generally and are healthy.
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are the same weight--but my friend looks much more toned than I do, and I carry my fat in different places. We are both 148lbs. It's about what YOU want.

mybodygallery.com has pictures of women with different body types and different weights. Maybe this can help you judge where you want to be.
  • cadet13
    cadet13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and fluctuate anywhere from 142-148 (yeah, a LOT). I am usually between 20-21% body fat percentage. I HATE when I am at the upper end (148) of my fluctuations.... people look at me and say I look to be around 120. I lift a LOT and work out everyday. I am paleo and cheat maybe 2x a week with 72% cacao dark chocolate (half serving).

My point..... EVERYONE'S body is different. I spent FOREVER trying to see WHY I don't look like other girls.... I see myself as larger than I am and KNOW i'd be ecstatic at 135-138 lbs... which is my goal.... but by no means do i look FAT. (to myself, yes, but REALISTICALLY... no way.)

Don't get too hung up on the number (I know, I used to weigh myself everyday, sometimes twice a day). I find that when I weigh myself a lot (subconsciously) I'm unhappy with my weight or appearance, or i'm just uncomfortable.... find a weight that you're comfortable at and don't worry so much about the number.... the way your jeans fit are a big tell-tale.
  • SweetMaryAngel
    Options
    I'm 5'5, weighing at 135 though when I tell people this they're really surprised cause they think I'm smaller(which gives me a good laugh). I can say I'm Satisfied with my weight but not happy! I just want to be a bit toner and drop a couple pounds especially in my thighs which for me is where all the fat unfortunately goes >.> my goal weight is 120pounds. I'm just curious to see how I'll look at that weight and if I like it and if it's possible to maintain I want to stay there. But overall I just want to be healthier and more toned. I'm doing a lot of jullians vids like 30day shred, and blogilaties and hopefully I'll get the results I want. I'm a size 9/8 (canadian) it would probably be smaller if it weren't for one thigh that's bigger than the other -.-
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    No, but I am at 5'5", 172, 28% BF and fairly happy. Optimally, I would like to go down to my dream BF % of 20% and I would still weigh 155. You need to learn more about your body composition before you decide if a weight is right for you. I wear the same pants size as I did when I was 145 in the past (but with less muscle @145).
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and fluctuate anywhere from 142-148 (yeah, a LOT). I am usually between 20-21% body fat percentage. I HATE when I am at the upper end (148) of my fluctuations.... people look at me and say I look to be around 120. I lift a LOT and work out everyday. I am paleo and cheat maybe 2x a week with 72% cacao dark chocolate (half serving).

My point..... EVERYONE'S body is different. I spent FOREVER trying to see WHY I don't look like other girls.... I see myself as larger than I am and KNOW i'd be ecstatic at 135-138 lbs... which is my goal.... but by no means do i look FAT. (to myself, yes, but REALISTICALLY... no way.)

Don't get too hung up on the number (I know, I used to weigh myself everyday, sometimes twice a day). I find that when I weigh myself a lot (subconsciously) I'm unhappy with my weight or appearance, or i'm just uncomfortable.... find a weight that you're comfortable at and don't worry so much about the number.... the way your jeans fit are a big tell-tale.

Also, if you want to be below 20% BF, I guess you probably have goals that I don't understand. I'm not dissing you for it, but I wouldn't want to be lower than that. I'm vascular enough at this weight that people point out my veiny-ness so being even lower BF is going to accentuate that, and I'm 41 so I want some padding in my face.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

When I was 5'4" and 145 lbs I was very happy. Of course I hiked a couple of miles almost daily, on days I was not hiking I was jogging, biking or swimming. I had a very athletic build and nothing jiggled. Of course after a summer of all that activity I ended up at 137 which was the lowest of my life. Extremely happy there. Wish I had never moved away from my mountains! They kept me in shape!

Personally, I have set my weight goal currently at 143. If I am active I know my body will be decent at that weight and it is a reachable goal. Then once I reach it, if I decide I can go even further, a new goal is just a click away. :wink:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    5'5" 140 size 6. Still plenty of fat to lose.
  • tantsihoppjohanna
    tantsihoppjohanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 128-130 pounds. That is a completely normal weight for me and should be higher even, however i don't have much muscle so i still look flabby around my thighs and stomach. I think that weight doesn't show much at all, i'd probably look sexier if i had more muscle (which would probably make me weigh more). Aim for a sexy toned look instead of a goal weight!
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 148lbs, I am ecstatically happy that I'm not still 210lbs,, do I still have work to do? Hell yeah! I'll get there, I'm aiming for 133lbs but want to blast this body fat.

This sounds like me - I started off at 215 lbs and lost 65 lbs., two years ago, got down to 150 lbs, I wanted to carry on to get to 120-135 lbs but all family and friends all said 'you look fine" so I stopped I've gained 7 lbs in 2 years which I am currently losing again until I reach 135 lbs.
    so at the moment I am 157 lbs 5ft 5" tall and uk size 10/12
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm replying to this so I can come back to it later! My goal is 145lbs, I am 5'4" (currently around 155lbs). I am coming back to MFP after a hiatus, so I'm only about 3.5 weeks in (and 3lbs down) on this journey.

I find it so interesting the different weights vs. sizes... I'm 35 and have 2 kids, and have rarely been below 140 (or size 8) in my adult life (even with diet and exercise), so I think 145 is a good goal for me. I'm a size 10/11 now, so a 7/8 is my absolute goal.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 145 and very happy! Sure 5 more lbs might make me happier but i'm not worried about it. I'm ecstatic to stay right where i am for the rest of my life ;)
  • KSherman27
    KSherman27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 147 pounds and I am very happy. I started at a size 12/14 and now I wear a size 6/8. I would love to get to a size 4 but I think I look great. I like my curves and don't want to lose them. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be comfortable, I wasn't comfortable skinny and wasn't comfortable at a size 12/14 but I am now. :)
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and began at 145 lbs. I dropped down to 131 lbs but gained back some. I'm at 136 lbs right now.

However, the entire time, my body fat percent stayed about the same. I look small at 138 lbs but have a higher body fat %, mostly all in my stomach (looks like a classic gut). I wear a size 6 jeans, medium tops, and about size 6-8 dress.

If I stay around 130lbs but lower that percentage to 19-20% I know I'd be happy and comfortable. The number doesn't mean as much as how much fat I have
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    145 was a little high still for me personally.
  • Claire4791
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I'm currently 157 lbs and in uk size 12/14 . My goal is 144 lbs but when I reach that If I'm not 100% happy I will set a lower goal..
    I'm a lot happier with the way I look compared to what I looked like in June when I started to lose weight.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    5.6 and 140 lbs goal is 126lbs (9stone) might not get to that when I start my weights properly. I don't overly care what weight I am as long as the inches go!!
  • evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and 137 pounds. I want to lose another seven pounds. I started at 145 and I wore a US size 12/14. I have an apple shape so I have a waist that is bigger than my hips. I couldn't bend over and tie my shoes at 145. I can, at least, bend over now.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how so many at my height are unhappy with their bodies and with being at this weight!

I weighed around 145 towards the end of my college years, over a decade and then some ago. I wish I could have been happy with that weight then, but being young and seeing other fit girls around me, I always wanted to be smaller.

Now, at 37, at 5' 4 3/4" , after having 2 kids, 145-150 is my goal. Currently I am at 164 and I am tinkering between my 10s and 12s for clothes. I'd be thrilled to be back in a size 6-8, but I don't have a desire to go beyond that. I still have a bit of weight I want to lose in certain areas (my gut, arms, thighs), but that is 19 lbs away yet. I honestly worry I would look too thin if I lost any more than that. If am still a little flabby in certain areas, my goal from then on is to work on toning/lifting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!