Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Don't my husband and I always say things are "bussin" and when my son tells us how cringe we are we say we're just trying not to be too "cheugy"? Isn't it moments like those I finally understand my parents a little more? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,145 Member
    Options
    Aren't those better "understanding the 'rents" moments than when your kid describes a movie/song you grew up with as "old/classic?"
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    Isn't it always insulting the way my son says "all the way back in the 90's"? Or is it worse when my youngest refers to if as the 1900's? Either way don't they get their sarcastic point across?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Wasn't I amused the first time I worked with somebody born after I graduated high school? Isn't it much less amusing now to know half of my coworkers were born since the year 2000, and refer to us middle aged group as "peeps from last century?"
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    Don't I not like that at all...?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options
    Are "what's the skinny" and "what's the sitch (slang for situation)" not used in your part of the world? Don't both essentially mean "what's going on" or "what's new"?

Isn't Australia a strange little place where people ( well, me anyway) have not heard of these expressions?

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,428 Member
    Options
    Then you learned something new today? ๐Ÿ˜„

@nossmf what time are we all invited for cake and ice cream? Are you having a happy day?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,886 Member
    Options
    How was that first marathon? Won't you have a great birthday? ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐Ÿฅณ
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,242 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Shall we assume he is having a great birthday, based on his silence?
    Shall I claim that the triple chocolate fudge cake I just put in the oven is to honor his birthday, or should I pretend it's a home remedy for my cold?

(sidenote: Would you guess I definitely didn't run, walk or crawl a marathon yesterday, if I told you my total steps for the day were 751? But today, haven't I managed to get in over 2,000 steps?)
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Doesn't it sound like you're on the mend? Do you think @nossmf will appreciate the cake you made in his honor?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    You know those curly, stretchy cords on some small handheld appliances? Isn't my left arm getting a workout, trying to extend the cord on the hotel hair dryer long enough to reach all around my head?
  • frankwbrown
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Doesn't it sound like you're on the mend? Do you think @nossmf will appreciate the cake you made in his honor?
    I don't know if @nossmf will appreciate it, but I certainly did (two pieces worth), didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    You know those curly, stretchy cords on some small handheld appliances? Isn't my left arm getting a workout, trying to extend the cord on the hotel hair dryer long enough to reach all around my head?
    Have you tried rotating in place instead? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Now why didn't I think of that?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Wasn't that such a pleasant birthday yesterday? What's better than sleeping in, an hour at the gym proving I'm still strong despite growing older, binge watching TV with my wife, firing up the backyard BBQ grill for dinner in the summer air, and finishing the day with cinnamon streusel cake the way my mom used to make it?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Did you know I once had dreams of running a marathon? Is it surprising that I, a current bodybuilder, earned my letterman's jacket in school as both a track sprinter and a cross country runner? Wasn't it a lot easier running three decades and 45 pounds ago?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Why do you suppose I would get a hot chocolate at Starbucks this morning at 7am, instead of a hot mocha?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    Well isn't sometimes just a hot chocy kind of day? Anyone else not cool with the app updates?
  • nossmf
    Options
    The only app update which I've noticed is when adding food, it keeps you in the search menu until you click back-arrow...is that the update to which you refer?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Haven't I noticed a lot of changes in the mobile android app? Don't I see some improvements I like but am also struggling to get used to where certain functions have been moved?