WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    smiley-char023.gif

Thanks for the idea Poop/Pip to mark the spot I've read through! Love all the sharing done on this board and the support through all we are experiencing in our lives!
    Have a good one!

Cheri in NE Ohio
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Good day yesterday. Ordered orthotics... the Dr. said he would make the ones he makes for athletes because I walk so much - they will hold up better and longer. Went to Footlocker and bought new walking shoes, they are New Balance - they look nice and they are a D width so fit good. I will wear them around the house today to break them in. They fit a little tighter than the Brooks I am used to wearing but they were only $75.00 instead of the $160.00 for the Brooks. Tried on a pair of Asics, but the guy told me they don't come in wider widths.... I will check with the people at the Pedestrian store in Saskatoon next time I am there.

Oh oh...my computer wants to do updates ...shutting down ...be back later....

Lillian
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @exermom - restrooms in most places are in the back; except for Publix and Wally World (Wal-mart). Kmart's restroom is in the totally opposite direction from the pharmacy in the front side of the store; so I hit that before going to pick up my meds.

@DamitJanit - I've only started exercising and logging it this past Monday . . . first day I had stayed under my ci; but, yesterday I did not. I'm in between my treadmill days (thank God); if the sun is out I might go get in the pool and walk around in it for as long as I can. Still am going to try to keep my ci down to the amount I am supposed to do and then the exercising won't be 'eating back'. Both the treadmill and pool are great exercises for me.

@dreamwriter - sounds like you are like a baby with its days and nights mixed up. Thankfully, I never had that problem with mine. They'd come in from playing to take a nap in the afternoon. They pretty much stayed out and played in the yard; and after supper and a bath - they were ready to go to bed (and sleep).

Goal for today:
    1. Stay within my ci for the day
    2. Do some cleaning around the house
    3. My laptop is supposed to come in today - get it all set up and hopefully I can be able to work it . . .!
    4. Read the post for today
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Margaretturk: I am definitely not having a bad day! Thanks to you and DH for helping us keep things in perspective. :)

DeeDee: Noel is an outstanding alarm and security guard! You need to give her extra treats from me and Storm. :)

Sylvia: Granddads are like that. ...they never say no. :s Six year olds don’t know the meaning of the word “NO”. They excel in persistence and perseverance hoping they will eventually wear you down and out! Don’t sweat it, he didn’t remember the talk 30 minutes later. At least mine never do! :)
  • toniwilson47
    toniwilson47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :) pretty brand new to the whole MFP community. Kansas City, MO here. So far loving it - I do have a question for everyone - has anyone purchased the premium - and if you have do you think the upgrades are worth it ?
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Janet in MB, I tell you there are days I can cope and days when I go out on the halls and try to snag an empty computer to log into. I’ve mentioned to my supervisor (who has her own private office and keeps her door WITH NO WINDOW closed) but she’s one of those people who thinks because you don’t see it and don’t hear it, it doesn’t exist. In other words, because it’s not driving HER crazy, it’s not a problem. She’s only part time but part time people are given the royal treatment around here because they fill a spot and cost the company no benefits. There are some who work very hard and are very good, and there are others who think just because they have a degree that sitting at a desk is all that’s required of their position. Oh well, at least she’s not farting all day. I think I could throat-punch her if it came to that. :angry:
    Joyce, I’ve done stupid things with my car too. Living rural, you have a mailbox at the end of your private drive instead of right next to your house, so the habit is to drive up to it on the way in and get the mail. I drove up, let the window down, pulled the mailbox door open, retrieved the mail and drove off. I heard a “sssskkkkkkrrrrreeeeeet” and it occurred to me too late that I’d left the mailbox door open and it scratched (deeply) almost the entire length of my car. My hubby happens to be a trained and certified auto body repairmen who was supervisor at a local dealership at the time, so he wasn’t really that upset. I was, however. I felt like a complete idiot. Can’t say I didn’t learn a valuable lesson though. And my mother always says, “it’s not a failure if you learned something from it”. So there.
    CityJane, thanks for the tip about the orthotic insert from Amazon. Going to look at that today. I, too, do the exercises, but I don’t do them frequently enough. Shame on me. Going to try and make that a priority.
    GRITS, that would be Dame Judy Dench. She’s awesome. I would watch her read the phone book.

No exercise last for me last night. Went home exhausted from work. I’m very adamant with my nurses about proper follow-up on residents with problems (part of my job) and yesterday it felt like I was working with a bunch of kindergartners instead of professionals. Excuses, excuses, excuses. A very trying day for me as patience is NOT my strong suit. I try to teach and instruct and make sure they know the proper way to document their care but no one wanted to listen yesterday. I rode home yesterday thinking about the scene in “Forrest Gump” where Jenny prays, “Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far away”…. Walking in the door of my sanctuary, and getting a hug from the hubs just did me in. I did nothing but load the dishwasher before I hit the showers and bed.
    But, today is another day and I WILL prevail in my quest to fashion good nurses. The docs I can’t do anything about…..
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chris, Damit, all the rest of the Janets, and the rest of you with good wishes - thanks so much for all the good words--the "Meet the Author" reading/signing is tonight. I'm not as twitchy as I could be. Yet. Lots of very good friends have said they will be there, and I hope they will. My fear is that no one will show. Not because I'm afraid I won't sell books, just because then I'll have to listen to apology after apology every time I see someone in town for the next few months! Bleah. Luckily, it's re-run season on TV, and a small town, with no other events happening tonight, all the sports teams are done for the season, and it's right downtown... Ha! No excuses, ya big goobers. smiley-rolleyes004.gif

TNToni, and someone else struggling with getting to the community on the phone - had issues with the app on my tablet, and now I just go through the web browser, rather than using the MFP app, works like a charm. Might help. If you're already going through the browser, you might try installing the app and go the other way...

Sondre - you said something about only liking to do things with an end result... I'm always trying to run a little farther than yesterday, or last week or last month--just a matter of rearranging what you think of as "end result." :)

Speaking of which, I'm late, it's already 80 degrees, got to go run! Later, my chickens...

LisaH in West Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,343 Member
    Options
    Lisa - BREAK A LEG! ! ! ! ! :drinker: (I hope you take that the right way! Do they say that in Texas?) :laugh:

Heather x
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Janet I agree with you about those extra pounds have on our feet and joints. It was getting tendonitis in my feet that motivated me. Now I have to get back on track. I had lost twenty five and ten have crept back on. My feet are starting to warn me and I need to listen. Thanks for that reminder.

Joyce sorry about the car door. Life gets hectic enough without having to deal with those extra annoyances.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I was supposed to go swimming with my DS I L this morning but she canceled on me. So I am sitting here trying to think of what my game plan for the day will be. I do have a lot of packing to do so I think I will start that for the day.

Janet from Myrtle Beach- here is a picture of my street strider bike.

Have a great Day everyone!

Mary from Minnesotaxypm8bxsxxby.jpg
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Lisa..........break a leg at your signing tonight!

Jules......lol, that never ending sense of frustration is one of the reasons I left nursing and have never regretted it.

Sylvia.....I was 40 when my daughter was born, so I had seen a lot of what worked and what didn't with friends kids and just made my own way. With no family around and dh gone for long stretches, there wasn't any conflicting parenting style and frankly he was not exactly "hands on" anyway. I completely agree that chores are a good idea. If my daughter repeatedly asked for something after being told no, I would warn her that if she asked again another specific activity (or whatever) would be lost ........and she knew I meant it. I admire your ability to take on all three at once.......that would be sooooo far beyond me! You are the goddess of patience!!!

Michele.....count me among the ones who know all bathroom locations too...

Joyce.....I always find a pull through space or I back in, I hate not being able to see when backing up with all the SUVs out there.

Heather.....glad you had so much fun with your friends and kudos for all the energy!

Add me to those who adore Dame Judy Dench!!!

Pip.....I don't tell you often enough how much I love seeing your dogs!!!

Lesley..........hoping your daughter,s medical goes well....will be thinking about her, and you.....hugs!

Going to be 90's next several days, need to get over to my daily grocery run before too hot.
    Saw a gorgeous black snake in neighbors yard this am, thinking of having it brought up here as I saw a rat in the bottom of our yard a few nights ago and neighbor was not happy to have it....... Don,t mind snakes if they are not poisonous and don'surprise me.....and aren't in my garage!

Have a Google day all!!!

Yanniejannie
    MidAtlantic
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    morning peepheads -

exermom - so where do you live? yes, during the summer, i go to a tanning salon. when i was in california, no, natural sun but here in WA. fake bake. darker skin makes me feel skinnier and i can see my muscle definition better. i'm darker than most without a tan but to me, that's white. yes, floyd no longer has his manhood. poor guy has never felt the pleasures of a woman

damnit - today i am at work and THIS will be like a day off. i didn't sit down til 5:30!

jmkmomm - oopsieeeee

grandmallie - yes i am - i am here for your amusement :0)

dreamwriter - u so crazzyyyyyyy

gramzies - welcome :::: as i crack the whip to get her to exercise ::::

sluts-
    i used to have my hair that shor too due to my lifestyle (always working out, got a bike helmet on, etc) but when i went home for a wedding and as soon as a nephew and a niece told me i kinda looked like my mom i said, "oh helllll no!! now i have it longer again"

peachstate - they are handsome AND lovely, the older one is a girl.

csoflied- your welcome, just doin ma job mam

toniwilson- welcome and nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i'm good with the freebie

fanncy
    - i am so jealous, i've seen that bike before, on one of my MS rides there was a guy riding on one. i don't know what distance he was doing tho.

terewilliams - HAAAYYYYYY... HOOOLLAAAAAA !!!!

there was stuff that I read and that I wanted to reply to yesterday but I forgot who said it and what it was, so OH WELL ;0/

today was a light workout and I am a looser, I didn't ride to work I took the train. I could kinda feel my knee so I gave it a break but i'm still gonna plan on riding home which is unfortunately the harder ride. I am so tired, I need a day off from my day off yesterday. OH in addition to all that crap I did, I had to fill up and mix the tub of dog food (I mix up 2 kinds of kibble for the kids and I put them in a big a@# tub). well Saturday Kirby becomes a blonde and sunday the furry 5k. Kirby wants me to run with yogi and he will walk the other 2. later chicklettes.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip - I was wondering how fast the bike would go compared to a 10 speed? Did it seem that the guy was riding just as fast as you were?
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning:

LisaH: So glad that visit turned out so well. :smile: I'm sure the "Meet the Author" will go well.

Jules: Any chance you can wear head phones for your own music and drown out the distractions?

Sylvia: I make my rice in the microwave and although it took a couple of times to get the timing right depending upon the kind of rice. It usually comes out wonderful and is ready in 10 - 15 minutes. So glad that you felt normal in the swimming pool what a wonderful NSV. I love your jokes too...keep'em coming Victory.gif

DrKatie: I like Alia especially for tops since they have such bright colors that are well coordinated and made for us Petites. I have noticed that most of their pants have elastic waists, so I don't buy them. Are there Alia stores in the US?

Terri/Meg/YannieJannie: Yes the city is deep in mourning. We now have a blue ribbon campaign to let our Police Officers know how much we appreciate them. It's unbelievable how events like this impact people who live where they take place. I don't think I ever appreciated that before.

CarolNB: What a great idea on taking your walking shoes to work. wtg.gif

Margaret: Loved the "Think you are have a bad day?" Thank you for sharing...it is good for my funny bone.

Patsy: Love those goals...both the controllable and especially the uncontrollable others-076.GIF

TNToni: BeeGees...aawww them were the days...thanks for the memories :smile:

Michele: Love the pool...what a huge amount of work hauling all those rocks!!!

Janet SC: Thanks for the no carb tips... I might try that soon, I used to lose weight really quickly on the Atkins diet but I was hoping to have a more balanced approach this time. But when only for a couple of days and then back it's worth a try. Try googling the type of pedometer for instructions if you're having trouble.

JanetM: I got a smile out of the kids oven and pictured the "Easy Bake Oven". The flavor wave is about the size of a large slow cooker or a mix master so although I wouldn't pack it around in a backpack, it's easy to move onto the deck or to take camping.

Lillian: Thanks for the encouragement! A plateau for a year and you're still here..I'm in awe!!! I'm so glad that the scale is finally moving for you. smiley-gen129.gif

Joyce: I had a heart attack last year and ended up with a stent. I'm working hard to be able to get back to work but having a lot of issues with all the meds and side effects. I am however making progress and the blood test results were very encouraging. Now if I could just get some stamina..I wear out really quickly!

Sharon-Lethbridge: Good to hear from you. I can relate on the sleeping issues. The 1/2 lb is great at least it is the right direction. Hugs arms.gif

Got my hair done yesterday. Since I wear it very short I need to have it cut and coloured every 5 weeks. I swear that I should have had it done a week ago since I was having a hard time covering the gray.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday and had a Turkey Cobb sandwich. The waitress told me it was about 400 calories and she knows because she counts calories too. I recorded about 650... that sandwich was so delicious there's no way it was only 400 calories!

My old boss is leaving and today is his going away lunch. I was invited even though I've been on disability for a year. It will be the first time I'll see a lot of these co-workers since last June. I'm looking forward to it.

I'll have to change my routine today and go to Tai Chi in the evening I hope I'll still have the energy.

Thought for the day: All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success. - Dorothea Brande

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (in progress...3 weeks almost complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Have a wonderful and successful day my friends,

Carey-Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    TNToni: Consider an Apple product. They aren’t plagued with viruses. I’ve been using them for almost 20 years without a single virus. DH did wear out a hard drive once and had to have it replaced. & I overfilled mine and had to have Apple untangle the mess. We paid for parts but not labor. :bigsmile:

Pip: :laugh:

Margaret: My dear father also served in the South Pacific in WWII. He was a SeaBee and witnessed things that gave him nightmares about fire for the rest of his life. He was on a ship that was attacked by Kamikazees, and also worked in jungles in locations where flamethrowers were being used. When they got home there was no support. They were expected to pick up their lives and keep going. :noway: :cry:

Joyce: Sorry about your car door. Can it be fixed? :flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m happy to see that you’re back and not surprised that you log whether you post or not. I log every day, too, no matter what. Congratulations on your improved fitness! Simply calling it an NSV is bothering me because it seems too momentous to be lumped in with all the other NSV’s. We need to work on an acronym for mobility and/or athletic victories. NSV is too general. MV (mobility victory) is a possibility. So is AV for athletic victory. Neither seems suitably grand. AAI? (Astonishing Atheltic Improvement) I'm not happy with any of these. Perhaps others can do better. In any case, you have triumphed beyond expectations. :heart: :flowerforyou:

Our next-door neighbors just sold their home. Friends of ours offered for it, but they were too late. :cry: The neighbors got their full asking price AND are able to rent it from the new owners until the home they are building is ready for them. The new people have bought it for a vacation home. I was hoping for a fulltime neighbor. We already have too many homes in our complex that are vacant part of the year because they’re owned by snowbirds.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,343 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you type Pro 11 wellbeing support comfort arches into Amazon the little supports should show up. They feel funny at first but it means I can slop around the house in slippers and not be in agony later. I also wear them in Skechers trainers. They are sooooo, sooooo cheap! I have spent £100s in the past on custom orthotics. Now I just get ordinary ones or wear these little gems. :D

Heather UK

Katla - how about Magnificent Mobility Achievement. MMA.

Today is my 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of starting my "diet" , as I thought of it then. :laugh: What did I know? It was prompted by going to my brother's 60th birthday party and not wanting to take part in the 70s fancy dress. Everyone else did. I sat at the back of the room and wanted to cry. All my clothes were far too tight, even my underwear. I was a mess - could only walk a short distance and had to pull my left leg into the car after me it was so weak. I joined MFP in August and discovered this group not long afterwards. 18 months later I hit my goal weight which is around 23 BMI. Don't want to go much lower because I am 65+.
    I started exercise on machines that didn't stress my joints on a very small basis as I lost weight, though I was doing yoga (!) before that. I built it up till i was doing 564 calories and saw that weights and strength training seemed to be well thought of by many. Bought some weights and then bigger and bigger ones! Do flexibility and balance, core, and knee, ankle, arch, face exercises daily. :D That's on top of the machines. Good job I'm retired! Sometimes (often) I moan and groan about it, but I KNOW it's worth it. I am fighying off the deterioration caused by age and I think I am as strong and fit as I was in my 30s when I was doing a lot of dancing. My joints don't think so though! ! ! :laugh: Wear and tear and dodgy knees try to get their own back, but I fight them off! ! ! ! !
    I am so grateful for this group and my MMA. Long may it continue and may I have my health. (had breast cancer and all the treatments 8 years ago) Life is for living!

Heather in warm and sunny Hampshire UK. (Watering tonight)
    27681614.png

PS Just booked my December flights. Soooo excited!
    For those of you who are bird watchers, a Hudsonian Wimbrel has appeared in Sussex on the mud flats. Twitchers galore descending on the place as it is a few miles off course! ! ! ! :laugh:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mary.......forgot to say how much I like your new bike! Neat!

Carey.....A few months ago we had a police support week where we all put blue bulbs in our lights by our front doors to show we were behind them. That is so nice of your old job to ask you to the party, have fun!

Alia is not familiar to me but on the others: Alfred Dunner, Blair , and the other one mentioned.....nope, not ever . In fact, I called and told Blair my mom had died years before she actually did to get the unending onslaught of their junk mail to stop.

Katla......how about PIER.........personal increased endurance record?

Yanniejannie
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    DamitJanit: At least I think it was you who asked for a slow cooker chicken recipe, sorry my notes weren't that great. My most favorite slow cooker chicken recipe from www.budgetbytes.com. I leave out the cilantro and cheese to reduce calories. It is also great served in a tortilla for use as a chicken taco. It also freezes well without cheese.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowl

Ingredients
    • 1½ lbs. chicken breasts
    • 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
    • 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
    • ½ lb. (8 oz.) frozen corn
    • 1 Tbsp chili powder
    • ½ Tbsp cumin
    • ½ Tbsp minced garlic
    • ½ tsp dried oregano
    • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
    • ¼ tsp salt
    • to taste cracked pepper
    • 2 cups dry rice
    • 8 oz. shredded cheddar
    • ½ bunch cilantro (optional)

Instructions
    1. Add everything except the rice, cheese, and cilantro to the slow cooker along with ¼ cup of water (for good measure). Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.
    2. Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hrs.
    3. Near the end of the cooking time, cook the two cups of rice according to the package directions (Bring the rice and 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot with a lid in place, as soon as it reaches a boil, reduced the heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving).

After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Stir with a fork to shred the chicken (it should be super tender and will shred easily). Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.

Nutrition Facts (without cheese or Rice)
    Servings 9.0 ( 1 cup serving)
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 222
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3 g 5 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 4 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 64 mg 21 %
    Sodium 433 mg 18 %
    Potassium 531 mg 15 %
    Total Carbohydrate 19 g 6 %
    Dietary Fiber 5 g 22 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 29 g 58 %
    Vitamin A 9 %
    Vitamin C 3 %
    Calcium 5 %
    Iron 13 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

Tipper – Welcome! Everyone on this board is at different levels of activity. I hope you quickly find what is right for you.

Patsy – thanks for the DM warning. I wish I could convince DD of the issues that could arise. At 24 she also has poly-cystic ovaries, high blood pressure, and she smokes. I have RA and her dad has psoriatic arthritis, so an auto-immune disease could also make her life difficult some day (no proof yet if auto-immunes are hereditary or not, but better safe than sorry). Tons of luck and support getting your family back on track to good health !

Becca – Congrats on the TOPS meeting and results.

Sylvia – Good luck with DGS. It is an uphill battle when kids get different “rules” from different adults in their lives. Eventually he will learn, and you will likely be as crazy as I am by the time that happens. Hugs !

Lesley – Sorry about your Trojans. I wish these people would get real jobs instead of wasting our time and money. I always struggle getting stuff re-downloaded on my laptop. I wish you LOTS of luck.

Poop – nice job on all your errands. Makes for a long day, but considered a success.

TNToni – on my iPhone 6, the community tab is hiding under “ . . . “ which is just above the word “ more” then I need to be REALLY patient while a new menu loads, then I can choose community and then the star. I would have been dancing with you last night, if DH hadn’t been watching the Twins. Think of me dancing in spirit next time.

Margaret – Hooray for finding the medal. The frame display and great-grandson gifting sounds wonderful. My Grandpa refused to discuss the war with us until he was on his deathbed, so none of us knows much at all about that part of his life. I cherish the 1 story he did tell me.

Chris – Bette Midler, Cool ! ! ! I'm envious.

Michele – I slow down the treadmill and entire mile per hour when I walk backwards, and I hold on to the handles. It’s nice to use those different muscles, and I’ve read that it is also good for the brain.

Joyce – Dairy Queen uses a special blend of ice cream that has less fat and sugar than typical ice cream, and also allows for it to freeze at a slightly higher temperature than most ice cream, so everything stays thicker a little longer (and a newly mixed blizzard can be served upside-down; I managed one for about 2 years). I am under the impression that Culver’s uses frozen custard, but I try to NOT get anything from there except salad. // Hugs for your car.

Sharon(Dream) – Hugs

Mary – I think I might like something like your street strider. With 2 wheels in the front I would be less likely to tip over, and my neighborhood has very few people driving and almost no one driving fast. I must look into that. Thanks for sharing.

The 20-something at work decided again that she knows what is wrong with my "diet" and how I should fix it. She has lost 1-2 pounds per day on the Cabbage Soup diet, so anything and everything I am doing right now is completely wrong. She is completely "all or nothing", instead of baby steps, so it is becoming increasingly difficult to listen and not respond, since she keeps saying stuff like "so you are going to stop cold-turkey, right". I realized while logging last evening that hamburger and quinoa has more calories than I expected, so that will NOT be my supper ever again (but I was REALLY crazing a burger, so I put it on the Foreman grill and ate it alone, no bun). In reality, she is making me want to prove (to both her and myself) that clean eating and logging will allow me to succeed. One of the other co-workers is no longer working out with me, and is eating a candy bar every day at lunch, so no support there, either. I was happy last night that I at least had that hamburger, since DH called from the baseball field to ask what I wanted from Buffalo Wild Wings.

I was able to do my front plank last night, 50 seconds on knees, going straight up to toes for the final 10 seconds, to make a 60 second plank. Tonight will be a late supper, because DS has basketball again. I have some turkey burgers pre-cooked in the freezer. I controlled my craving to crunch last night with some celery, and pre-measured and logged the peanut butter. But I ran out of eggs, so I had slimfast for breakfast this morning; until I can remember to buy eggs next time I go to the store (if they are affordable). DS's Personal Trainer told him to eat at least one egg every day for breakfast, so I may need to find an alternate protein for breakfast.

So many have posted since I started typing, so I better post, then catch-up on reading. Today is late lunch, so I may need a quick snack, too.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee (63 and expecting rain off and on today)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Off to airport to go to Seattle. Won't have my computer with me so I'll really be behind when I get back but that's ok. Have a great weekend
    Sue in TX