Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    sisterpam wrote: »
    Hi, there! Yea! I was just looking for support for us over 50ers. I have a looooooooooooooong way to go (looking to lose half my body weight), and am just getting started. With my body aches and such, some of the fitness routines are out for me, although I did just find videos on exercises for people with knee problems that I want to start doing. Anyone else identify?

Nice to meet you sisterpam.... (I have a sister named Pam lol) The thing I do tried and true is lap swim. The great thing about exercising in a pool is that the water supports you, and I have yet to be really sore, achy yes, sore though nope. Plus there is a hot tub afterward and that makes all my work, worthwhile!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,808 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho Kiddo's~
    early dinner and 10,000 steps was a good day... I have pink all over my fingers from picking strawberries but it was all worth it..
    the DH just came over and kissed me on the head :* well everything is on an even keel for the time being.. so thats good.. working 9:30-5 tomorrow and 7:30- 12 on saterday...
    Mary in Mn.. that looks like a very cool bike.. that might be good for me in florida.. but wayyy to many hills for that here in Ct..
    but I will look into getting one of those for down there...
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Michele :) Yes, I`m still bossing the boys on Sunday mornings, sometimes on Saturday too :bigsmile:!

Cynthia :) New shoes to go with your dress...Yay!!!

Alison :) Sounds like you had a productive day picking berries!

Mary :) That bike looks like so much fun! Let us know how you like it!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Alison: glad you're sounding upbeat. DH better keep giving you kisses!

DeeDee: with my feet it's pretty scary wearing these shoes; will have to practice...

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • mjones1029
    mjones1029 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am new to posting and all. But i really need accountability and support. I am excited to find this group.
    My goals are:
    1. To log every morsel every day.
    2. To walk every morning.
    3. To write on this blog or in my jounal every day.

I am Michele in Tuscaloosa Alabama
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michele
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There's been so much going on. Too much. I should be packing up the house for a move. I'm packing a suitcase instead. My 30 yr old daughter called this morning. Her 34 yr old husband died. No cause known yet. I'm not sure why I'm telling you... I probably won't be back for another 300 posts or so and will never catch up. But maybe for the prayers of strangers who've become friends? Hugs to all.
    Selena in Utah

Headed to Alberta
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    mjones1029 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am new to posting and all. But i really need accountability and support. I am excited to find this group.
    My goals are:

:) Welcome, MIchele from Alabama. You have come to the right place. I live in a neighborhood that is easy to walk in so I can walk out my front door and walk for awhile when I have time. I have gradually changed my bedtime to earlier so I can get up earlier and have time for a walk before I have to go anywhere. I started at 15 minutes a day and have gradually increased the time (in about five minute increases) so now I walk for a lot longer. I load music, podcasts, and other interesting stuff on my phone and listen while I walk so every morning I walk while attending an inspirational event.

Barbie
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    SelenaP63 wrote: »
    There's been so much going on. Too much. I should be packing up the house for a move. I'm packing a suitcase instead. My 30 yr old daughter called this morning. Her 34 yr old husband died. No cause known yet. I'm not sure why I'm telling you... I probably won't be back for another 300 posts or so and will never catch up. But maybe for the prayers of strangers who've become friends? Hugs to all.
    Selena in Utah

Headed to Alberta

You've definitely got my prayers . . . so sorry for you daughter and the rest of the family. That's awful to die so young or to lose a spouse at such a young age. Have a safe trip; and don't worry about trying to catch up. Just go to the day when you get back and there'll be enough to read on that. I'm doing good just to keep up.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Well I started this yesterday and ran out of time. So trying to catch up today. Last evening it started raining, cooled from 92 to 69 in less then an hour. Wind came up and lucky all we got was rain. It was raining when I got up this morning and has been off and on all day.
    Happy Wednesday. Boy! I did something not to smart last evening. I wanted to get the grass and weeds pulled out of the rock garden. So when I got off work yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hours out there working. By the time I got done I was way over heated. I took water and was drinking it while working. When DH got home he wanted to know what I was doing as was 97 degrees. But it is done and I felt better after taking a shower. Today I am working another 7-3 shift. Working with the new supervisor today and hoping I can get thru this without any problems.
    Sondre--I agree God does take care of us and I am learning to trust him in his time, not mine. Easier said then done.
    Heather--Your backyard looks for relaxing. Thanks for sharing. Great news about the lower rent for December. You are so right it never hurts to ask.
    Welcome to all the new ladies. You have found a great place for support and freindship. Come often and get to know us and us know you. I love this group and they are a Blessing to me.
    Mary--Thanks for sharing, sure looks like a nice place.
    Carol--HUGS! Hope you feel better soon!
    Lisa--Sounds like your friends reconnect could be interesting.
    Mia--Congrates on your 3.2 pound loss. I understand about not realizing how we look. I have met with friends I have not seen for along time and I have to tell them who I am, yet when I look in the mirror I don't see that much of a difference. Love the bird and I also like the blue of your house. When we had to reside our house a couple years ago I wanted purple, but they do not make siding in that color. So we got a peral green.
    LisaH--Good advice about the slipping and eggs. Wise words. thanks.
    Michele--Love the picture of the snail. It will look great out by your pool.
    Joyce--130 feet underground. I could never do that.
    So sorry about Apple Jack. Beautiful horse and very pretty DD.
    Cynthia--Happy Birthday to your little guy. Looks like he is doing very well and soaking his paw.
    Meg--Please just come in when you can, I would miss you if you left. Just take it One Day at a Time.
    Grits--When you log your exercise it will change your calorie goal. I just try and not eat those extra one.
    Lesley--Sending prayers for you and your sister.
    Margaret--Thanks my day and week doesn't seem so bad now.
    Well I am up to page 29 and out of time. DH is just getting home from work so need to figure out supper. Have a great night ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Selena,
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your son-in-law. I'm sure your daughter really needs your support but don't forget to take time for yourself too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Carey-Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    CynthiaT60 wrote: »
    Alison: glad you're sounding upbeat. DH better keep giving you kisses!

DeeDee: with my feet it's pretty scary wearing these shoes; will have to practice...

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

ditto :0)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    SelenaP63 wrote: »
    Selena in Utah

Headed to Alberta

I am so sorry... my heart goes out to you and your family. I was 36 and my husband when he died as well. although I knew what he died of, I didn't realize he would go so quickly.... hugs to you all
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Selena - How heartbreaking! I am so sorry for your family's loss. It's never easy, but at such a young age I can't even imagine how bereft your daughter must be!

I liked my new doctor this morning, my blood pressure was good, and she didn't fuss at me too hard about my weight (especially when I told her I'd started trying to address it). Got my exercise in for the day and calories for the day are on track.

Tomorrow I'll probably disappear from the forum for a few days. I'm joining my family for a work weekend at my Dad's place in Wimberley. He was very lucky in the Memorial Day floods - the house is intact but there's a lot of cleanup to do! Hope you all have a healthy and fun weekend.

Finally, I've been meaning to say that DamitJanit is my favorite username ever!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Selena- I am so sorry to hear about your son-in-law. We will be praying for you and your family. (((Hugs)))

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    mjones1029 wrote: »
    My goals are:

Greetings Michele from a gal in Oregon! You have any mental baggage you can just pile over in the corner there.. Thats what I did when I came in. Problems and stress go in the corner across the way there... Its all good. You know...(this is my fav phrase ever.... THERE IS PERFECTION IN IMPERFECTION.....
    Also: LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T THE KEY TO HAPPINESS. HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGHT. :smiley:

Becca by the Beach.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi friends "old" and new!

Selena - how tragic. Your family is in my prayers.

Joyce - I think you posted about the girl in an iron lung. When I was little I remember all the polio scare times, especially in the summer. Most of my friends had to go in and rest for a while each day (to lower their risk?). My mom was so fatalistic she just left us outside doing whatever we wanted. There was a neighbor girl my sisters age who was in an iron lung. She actually finally recovered enough to get out of it but died as a young adult. We used to go to see her and sort of play while she lay there with a machine breathing for her. Then the vaccine came along. Do any of you ladies remember getting the shots at school? Ouch! Traumatic without someone to comfort us. Then we went into the classroom and the teacher would read to us while we rested and tried to be brave.

Well, girls, I had an interesting appointment with the Gyno today. She did a biopsy of the external tissue in my nether- regions. Even with a numbing shot it really hurt!!!!!! Then she put silver nitrate on it to stop the bleeding and help it heal. Oweeeeee! I am so sore but my body is not as sore as my attitude because I am out of the pool for 2 weeks! Darn! Now that really HURTS!

TN Toni who will not eat to soothe herself - NO, NO, NO!

• Annr
    Options
    @tngram2seven Oh man I had a biopsy "there" too a couple of months ago...One was fingertip size and the other side I think he just goofed because it was a time size. They gave me numbing cream, (like the stuff for your teeth) but that hurts to apply too. Use "Bag Balm" in the green tins with the cow on it. It gives you a sheild of protection so every time you urinate it doesn't feel like you are going to pass out from pain. Every time use it. That was a Godsend for me.