Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I already am in a deficit. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/30-days-out-craig-capursos-extreme-cut-trainer-nutrition.html

That is the diet i am doing. Its really a cut
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I already am in a deficit. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/30-days-out-craig-capursos-extreme-cut-trainer-nutrition.html

That is a terrible plan imo. I put my stats in - has me at 245g protein - totally unnecessary. The fats are horribly low (low fat = low test, low test = less ability to build muscle btw). Carbs are horribly low - and with such low fats, it is a bad idea imo.

Short term..meh....long term...terrible.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    So that my body utilizes the fat stored on me thereby loosing fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible.

My best understanding is that once you hit the effective limit for protein . muscle sparring for having .8 g /LBM the only thing that is going to spare any more is having a lower deficit, and the macros for having a lower deficit doesn't matter.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    This is definitely short term. Nothing i care to maintain for a while. Its just to get my stomach back and then ill once again slowly build
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

his facial expression is very serious in the pic at the top of that diet guide

so this must be a very srs diet
  • senecarr
    Options
    Not that I like this kind of reasoning in general, but you do know that any bodybuilding.com plan is going to be biased towards getting you to buy protein shakes, right?
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Thats why its extreme like it says and damn its expensive to eat that much protein
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Lol. I actually only drink one protein shake a day and fill the rest with chick, steak, tuna, and turkey.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So that my body utilizes the fat stored on me thereby loosing fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible.

That's not quite how it works. You aren't going to magically store carbs or fat if you are in maintenance or a deficit.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    The fat that is stored on me. Im not hoping to store any carbs or fat. Its to get rid of my fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This is definitely short term. Nothing i care to maintain for a while. Its just to get my stomach back and then ill once again slowly build

Its supposed to be a 30 day plan. I would not do it for one day. Its basically keto - it will take a while to adapt - you will likely get headaches etc at first and keto should have adequate fats, which this does not.

As its severely lacking in fats and fiber - good luck pewping!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    The fat that is stored on me. Im not hoping to store any carbs or fat. Its to get rid of my fat.

You are going to burn the fat on you if you eat in a deficit while lifting and eating around .8g/lb LBM of protein. The plan you have been following is ridiculous and unnecessary.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Lol yeah. I do feel different since i started it. Ill post before and after when im done. My stance is that its only 30 days. I can live with that.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Lol yeah. I do feel different since i started it. Ill post before and after when im done. My stance is that its only 30 days. I can live with that.

My stance is that you'll get the same results in those 30 days as you would any other 30 days if you followed the calorie goal, but more balanced macros.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    And when a program or diet asks if you are an endomorph, mesomorph or ectomorph it is totally full of *kitten*.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    I understand that everyone is an expert on here. Im sure everyone has tried multiple things until they finally settled what works best for them. I am constantly growing and adapting (as a Marine always should). 30 days out of my life will not kill me... if it does, warn everyone else.
  • senecarr
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    And when a program or diet asks if you are an endomorph, mesomorph or ectomorph it is totally full of *kitten*.
    Somatypes? I never understood why anyone thought they made any sense. Maybe I'm prejudiced in that I had what would be called an endomorph frame, but what would have been called an ectomorph personality.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

yeah didn't that *kitten* get debunked over 9000 years ago
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I understand that everyone is an expert on here. Im sure everyone has tried multiple things until they finally settled what works best for them. I am constantly growing and adapting (as a Marine always should). 30 days out of my life will not kill me... if it does, warn everyone else.

I prefer balance and not following broscience.