5'2 shorties

Options

Replies

• jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2, my starting weight was 130 and I felt awful. My lowest weight since joining mfp was 110, but then I gained a lot back and am now around 120-125. My ultimate goal is 105 lbs. I do about an hour of circuit training a day and around 20-30 minutes of yoga. my biggest problem is my tendency to binge eat that I picked up after a history of anorexia, every day is a struggle but I'm working on it. Right now I'm on a 2-day streak of not binge eating, fingers crossed that I can keep it up over the weekend...
  • tpequeno1074
    tpequeno1074 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2 and since December 2014 I have lost 25 pounds. I was 153 pounds at a size 14 and now I weigh 128 at a size 6. I tried eating 1200 calories a day but wasn't seeing much results. I kicked up my calorie intake to 1600 daily with cardiovascular workouts four times a week (mostly spinning) and now the weight seems to come off easier. I also gave sugar and all sodas.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! Great job esp at maintaining.
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This was me at about 110 a few years ago, then I ganied 40lbs with my pregnancy

cmxvahoeqmfv.jpg
    me1.jpg 39.2K
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This was a few months ago at 120lbs, i go up and down a few pounds. I would like to get back to 110 or even 105. I'm bottom heavy so I'm currently an 8 in jeans.105lbs would put me back in my size 5's. really though I don't care as much about the number on the scale, I just feel flabby. My stomach jiggles, my arms jiggle. I want to lose some body fat and gain some muscle :)

wuppc82wijib.jpg
    bri4.JPG 667.8K
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to see this thread :-). So inspirational :-). I'm 32 5'1 and am at 185lbs after having my second child. I'm wanting to lose 50lbs. Thanks for the extra motivation ladies :-). Add me if you're in need of an extra short friend :-)
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    I'm just under 5'2"...5'1" and 3/4s LOL!

I started Nutrisystem at 185+ lbs Feb 5, 2009 (but my highest weight was in the 220 s previous to that- I was struggling with weight issues for a while). By Aug 21, 2009 I was down to 119 lbs. Never did I dream in a million years it was possible. My original goal was 140 lbs, but the plan was working so well for me and I really like the new way of eating and lifestyle I went beyond my expectations. NS gave me the tools to learn how to eat to live and not live to eat anymore. It was a complete lifestyle change and a my journey to wellness.

After losing the weight on NS, I've been maintaining using my own foods for the better part of 6 years. Turned Forty Feeling Fit Fabulous and Free.

Me at +185lbs-Before Nutrisystem and After 115lbs at My Photo Shoot. Thank You NS : 70lbs Down
    ~Forty, Fit, Feeling Fabulous and Free!!!~
    Meat185423x640215x326_zps82d78f72.jpgs51083cb116985_11_zps5e89a11f.jpg
    FortyFitFabulousampFree_zps12bba1eb.jpg

Shortly after reaching goal in 2009 NS sent me to this photo shoot here in Canada and posted my Before and After Pics (for call-ins on TSC)-The Shopping Channel (Canada's version of QVC). A few months later they sent me to Toronto for an amazing weekend doing live airings on TSC. I had so much fun meeting other NSers sharing our success stories. We did 2 days of shows and is an experience I will never forget.

NS works!!!

PS> they also got me the most fabulous "little black dress" for the pics, which thanks to NS still fits me today.

Pre NS: This is me at 185+ lbs. This is how I looked from my mid-late 20s and throughout my 30s. I wore this dress everywhere...weddings, anniversaries, Christmas Parties and funerals. I often got asked "when i was due", "nope I'm not pregnant...just overweight". I'll never forget the meet and greet open house at my daughter's grade school one year. The teacher walked up to me with a big smile on her face and said "congratulations, how exciting, when are you due???"....awkward ::)

Last Pic:Recently taken in May 2015. New little black goal dress, still fits 5 years later.

Black%20dress-Pre-NS%20137x400_zpsqxwfiu7a.jpgiphone%20001%20184x400_zps6zr6qmwe.jpg

You look amazing :-)
  • azucker88
    azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my goal weight is 135 lbs I am currently 182 lbs I don't know how to post a photo or I would of my 8lbs I've lost you can see a great difference I carry my weight all over my body not just in my mid section.
  • snowing13
    snowing13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I'm 4'11", 53 years old and have lost 30 lbs.

• annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

lexie1108 wrote: »
    I started at around 135 (my heaviest weight ever) at 5'1 back in October and now I'm down to 104 lbs. I started with low carb and lost the majority of the weight (down to 115) by January. then moved onto a normal calorie deficit diet and mainly did cardio and just ate less and healthy whole foods for the most part. I'm not where I want to be yet- now I'm focusing on body weight training and hoping to build more muscle!

This is before at 130-135 lbs (not exactly sure at the time this pic was taken) I avoided the scale for about 2 years until I started caring about my body again! rdk2lrb07rqu.jpg

This is me in Hawaii with my husband at 119-120 lbs back in November. vl4lj6gplm5u.jpg

This was taken a few days ago at 104 lbs...x6ybr79yl07a.jpg

Amazing progress! Honestly I have never seen a close comparison of how us shorties look with a little bit of weight on us! I am close to 5' and lost almost 65 lbs and went down to 129 but I couldn't maintain very well, I am now back at my goal and started working out again. I am at 140-145 lbs now depends on the time of day. Anyway, your pictures are sure make me reach my goal. I don't do much cardio though, and noticed you wrote that you did running. Is that all you did? Sorry to ask! thanks!

Also for OP, I am5'0 and started April/ May 2014 at 189lbs! Anyway, I started MFP and watched my calories and then started working out middle of June 2015, I went down to 129 lbs and was very content. I didn't realize that I lost so much until December 2014, I felt happier and better in everyday. Well of course holidays and I noticed I getting a bit bigger and started realizing that's to easy to eat a little of this and that to bring my old habits back, I am now at 140-145 and while it did take almost 4-5 to gain still a lot for how long it took me to originally lose my weight. Hope this helps. I know this process is long for us shorties! Hope to see your progress in a few months, be proud even if its just a few pounds because remember one milestone is better than none!
  • heyllana
    heyllana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just starting MFP and have synced it with my Fitbit. I have 50 lbs to lose so (5'1") it's been inspirational to see your posts here! My photo is my inspiration (it's from 11 years ago--at my current goal weight--of course I wanted to lose 20 pounds then!!) So, is anyone a vegetarian here? B)
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 started this journey 7 and a half weeks ago and have lost 16bs .. My goal weight was 9 stones I have 2lbs left to lose but I'm going to lower that by another 5lbs as its more body fat I'm looking to lose to reveal my abs .. My core/stomach is solid I can feel abs just can't see them yet! I went from 33% body fat to 25% I want to shred and then bulk but it's going amazing so far :)
  • maryroans
    maryroans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this thread, but I wanted to add some input! Maybe about 7-6 years ago I hit my highest weight at the mid 150's (don't remember the exact number because I was ashamed of the reality of my weight and also wanted to avoid the hard number). I was maybe a size 8, which is definitely not large without context, but when you consider that I'm 5'2"...

I lost weight and got down to about 122-124 about two to three years ago, mainly because I wasn't severely depressed anymore and did not rely on food to help my emotions, although I was largely sedentary and also had a very poor diet.

A year ago, I was sitting at about 118 after starting to rock climb regularly. My weight deecreased to 115 as a natural consequence of more exercise, although my diet remained not-the-best.

This April 2015, I downloaded MyFitnessPal and decided to consciously lose weight/exercise more/eat more healthily and I'm currently fluctuating between 109-111.

My goal weight is probably around 100-105 (I have a small frame and am Asian American).

I have added other goals other than losing weight in the last few months such as: making sure I reach recommended daily servings for both micros and macros, increasing the intensity and duration of my cardiovascular routines, settling into a regular and effective strength training regimen, and continuing to improve in rock climbing.

I don't know my measurements from when I was at my highest weight (I didn't want to know them), but my current measurements are: 32 chest (32D/34C bra), 25.5 waist, and 33.5 hips.

• ffyrebird
    ffyrebird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft even and just starting MfP and my diet here in late July. Two days in and two pounds lost, logic says probably water weight but motivating, LOL! I want to lose 50 lbs. If any other shorties would like to add me as a friend , please do!!!!!!
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and am two months into my attempts to lose 40lbs. My start weight was 181lbs - currently I'm at 165lbs. I posted the below pic the other day to show 58 days progress - I carry my weight all over but especially in my bust and midsection - I'm prob one of the few people who look forward to smaller boobs!

collage2_zpsxnpirtoh.jpg
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and so far I'm down by 8kgs.
    I've got another 12ish to go. But as I shrink I keep re-evaluating my goals. I started as a new years resolution lol. But I'm still here :smile:

el83ug9a7w2s.jpg
    xqfq5996cq37.jpg

SW 82kgs
    CW 72kgs
    GW 50ish kgs
    I've gone from a tight size 16 to a nice 12
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    cdal1 wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 2 and am two months into my attempts to lose 40lbs. My start weight was 181lbs - currently I'm at 165lbs. I posted the below pic the other day to show 58 days progress - I carry my weight all over but especially in my bust and midsection - I'm prob one of the few people who look forward to smaller boobs!

collage2_zpsxnpirtoh.jpg

Great job :-)
  • seralycal29
    seralycal29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Alyssa here, I'm brand new here (as of today) and I immediately saw this post :wink: . I'm 34, 5 ft, and weighed in this morning at 114. (I started on a journey where I weighed about 130 around 10 years back.)

I've been fluctuating a lot in my weight a lot over the past year due to stress and unhealthy snacking and I know I can make better choices and feel better. I do ok with eating healthy meals but my snacking can get out of control so I'd like to kick that habit. My goals are to loose at least 5 pounds and get more energy back drinking a lot more water. I want to tone up my lower body and be more regular with my workouts. I have a boy turning 5 and he has more energy than most kids his age so I want to keep up with him as he grows!

Also side note: maryroans- I'm a fellow climber too (started about 2 years ago, with a long break in between from an ankle injury. Climbing has changed me for the better in so many ways!!! <3

Anyways, nice to meet my fellow shorties here! Hope to post soon with some positive updates!
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love looking back at this thread, so many great posts and motivation!!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!