Do you send friend requests based on profile pics?

Options

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no!! There are two factors that determine whether I send friend requests or not! First, it's their general profile. I make a point of reading a person's profile (no matter how long it is) before sending a friend request to get a better idea of the kind of person they are, their goals, what or who inspires them and the reason they're on MFP. Of course, it's a problem if their profile is private! And this is where the second factor comes in. I first saw many of my friends on the forums (especially on the "success stories" forum) and I decided to send them FRs (even those with private profiles) because I was captivated and inspired by their success stories. On a lighter side, I will also send someone a friend request based on my interaction with them in the forums, like them just generally being super nice to me or giving me a compliment!

All in all, a person profile pic plays no role whatsoever in whether I send them a friend request or not. And besides, I think it's really shallow and frankly quite childish to judge a person purely on their profile pic!

Nicely said
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no!! There are two factors that determine whether I send friend requests or not! First, it's their general profile. I make a point of reading a person's profile (no matter how long it is) before sending a friend request to get a better idea of the kind of person they are, their goals, what or who inspires them and the reason they're on MFP. Of course, it's a problem if their profile is private! And this is where the second factor comes in. I first saw many of my friends on the forums (especially on the "success stories" forum) and I decided to send them FRs (even those with private profiles) because I was captivated and inspired by their success stories. On a lighter side, I will also send someone a friend request based on my interaction with them in the forums, like them just generally being super nice to me or giving me a compliment!

All in all, a person profile pic plays no role whatsoever in whether I send them a friend request or not. And besides, I think it's really shallow and frankly quite childish to judge a person purely on their profile pic!

TL:DR version, I friend people based on hawtness, but I don't wanna seem shallow.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    80% of ya'll sayin' no are liars. :-D

LOL
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    seldom...very very seldom.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If they make me laugh out loud in the forums I may send a request I like a quirky sense of humour.:laugh:

Or if the let me peek in their windows without calling the police.:bigsmile:
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No. I do look for time and amount of weight lost that seems to fit w/ what my goals are.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nope, but then again I rarely send Friend requests
  • anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    80% of ya'll sayin' no are liars. :-D

No.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The only friends I request are the ones who post awesome "success stories."
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Yes. Especially if there is pizza in it.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Nope...:noway: ...but I am friends with some nice looking folks. :wink:

8488541.png
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm not that shallow, oh wait...I am.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I may send one to someone being particularly awesome in the forums or on my friend's walls.
    I don't go looking for new friends... and if I want any, then I just spend some time in the forums... with an ab picture up.

Funny thing... I put up an avatar that said:

"Eats dirty, doesn't log food, is bad friend"... and I got the most FRs I've ever gotten.

Go figure.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I may send one to someone being particularly awesome in the forums or on my friend's walls.
    I don't go looking for new friends... and if I want any, then I just spend some time in the forums... with an ab picture up.

Funny thing... I put up an avatar that said:

"Eats dirty, doesn't log food, is bad friend"... and I got the most FRs I've ever gotten.

Go figure.

It's those non-showering types looking to get their freak on. :sick:
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I havent sent any friend requests
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I will click on a person's profile if I like their pic. If we have some of the same goals or other things in common, then I might friend request them.
  • Carpaydeeum
    Carpaydeeum Posts: 116
    Options
    Um..Sometimes...

if you are on my friend list and would be offended that i might have only sent you a friend request because of your profile pic...then you received my request sole based on your physical fitness wisdom, strengths of character and/or your...um...sterling wit. :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No.
    and for the most part I tend to reject requests of those whom I think did.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Um..Sometimes...

if you are on my friend list and would be offended that i might have only sent you a friend request because of your profile pic...then you received my request sole based on your physical fitness wisdom, strengths of character and/or your...um...sterling wit. :)

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

*stomps off in a huff*

AND QUIT LOOKING AT MY *kitten*!

:flowerforyou: