Options

Replies

• MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    I was usually too tall to wear a small

What? That isn't a thing, unless you mean some skirt or dress lengths? I'm 5'8, size 0 or 2, and a small. Sometimes things will be a little short because of my height, but my size is still small so I'm a little confused as to what you mean?

I'm kinda...torso-y? I guess? Even when I was skinnier I had trouble wearing a "small" shirt because it wouldn't cover my then-flat belly. And I have no boobs, so obviously that wasn't the issue.

I dunno, I just feel gross. And I look at all these pretty dresses and cute outfits I wanna wear but I know my stomach's going to just stick out and everyone's gonna call me pregnant.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Is there anything safer I could do? If I hurt myself I don't have a doctor to go to.

I'm lifting heavy without health insurance. Take it slow! You're not going to throw 180 lbs on your back your first day.
  • G0ErinG0
    G0ErinG0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently conquering this very same issue! I have been doing kickboxing M/W/F and strength training with bands T/Th/S, 45 minutes each day. I am wrapping up week 10 and have really swapped my fat for lean muscle mass. Getting enough protein/carbs has been key, and it's so easy...just eat as many grams of protein and carbs as your weight. So if you weigh 140 lbs, you want to consume 140 grams of carbs and 140 grams of protein.

You can do it! :)
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Is there anything safer I could do? If I hurt myself I don't have a doctor to go to.

I'm lifting heavy without health insurance. Take it slow! You're not going to throw 180 lbs on your back your first day.

Lifting is pretty much my only option I guess because of my *kitten* up lungs, but I don't have the money for a gym membership and all I got is a small bedroom. But if push ups and sit ups don't actually do anything than what do I do?
  • arditarose
    Options

Lifting is pretty much my only option I guess because of my *kitten* up lungs, but I don't have the money for a gym membership and all I got is a small bedroom. But if push ups and sit ups don't actually do anything than what do I do?

Body weight program. "You Are Your Own Gym", "Convict Conditioning", or look up the beginner body weight program on nerdfitness.com
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Look up strong lifts, starting strength, or new rules of lifting for woman. Learn the lifts, learn the proper form, and then pick a program and run it for four to six months.

I have been lifting for five years and have yet to suffer a major injury ...
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    G0ErinG0 wrote: »
    I am currently conquering this very same issue! I have been doing kickboxing M/W/F and strength training with bands T/Th/S, 45 minutes each day. I am wrapping up week 10 and have really swapped my fat for lean muscle mass. Getting enough protein/carbs has been key, and it's so easy...just eat as many grams of protein and carbs as your weight. So if you weigh 140 lbs, you want to consume 140 grams of carbs and 140 grams of protein.

That would equate to 4.5 packs of tofu a day at 1260 calories + 3 cups of rice at 633 calories, not to mention 1 pack of tofu is $1.75 and I get $20 a week for food. :c I give up. I'm fat. I'll get over it.
  • ndj1979
    Options

That would equate to 4.5 packs of tofu a day at 1260 calories + 3 cups of rice at 633 calories, not to mention 1 pack of tofu is $1.75 and I get $20 a week for food. :c I give up. I'm fat. I'll get over it.

way to stick with it op….
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    If you use proper form, you'll actually reduce your chance of hurting a muscle in general. Things you do in your daily life will become a lesser percentage of your maximum strength so that they're less likely to cause any damage.
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Do the math. Tempeh is $2.50, tofu is $1.75, and I would need at least 4 packs A DAY. Just one day's worth of tempeh would be $10. That's half my entire week's worth of groceries GONE. For ONE DAY.

This is why poor people are fat.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ..... I'm fat. I'll get over it.

Start small. Focus on one of the youtube body weight programs suggested by arditarose. You lost 25 lbs, so keep your diet the same for now. Deal with protein/fat/carbs later. Now look at the body weight programs, pick one and start.
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015
    Options

Do the math. Tempeh is $2.50, tofu is $1.75, and I would need at least 4 packs A DAY. Just one day's worth of tempeh would be $10. That's half my entire week's worth of groceries GONE. For ONE DAY.

those numbers are wrong ..you only need about one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. you can fill the rest in with carbs. and your fats should be about .4 or .45 per pound of body weight.

Why can't you just buy a tub of cheap protein powder from walmart? Why does it have to be tofu???
  • arditarose
    Options

Yeah, and that poster suggested the higher side of protein intake. You can do .8/.82 grams per lb of body weight. You can run all your maths again though if you want.
  • arditarose
    Options

those numbers are wrong ..you only need about one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. you can fill the rest in with carbs. and your fats should be about .4 or .45 per pound of body weight.

Why can't you just buy a tub of cheap protein powder from walmart? Why does it have to be tofu???

Yeah, why have to be tofu?
  • TSPZ
    TSPZ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weights
  • MaiLinna
    Options

Because I'm vegan, which already hikes up the price, plus add in the fact that I don't have a blender and have no idea how much a good blender costs.
  • arditarose
    Options
    you are being muy dificil
  • ndj1979
    Options

Because I'm vegan, which already hikes up the price, plus add in the fact that I don't have a blender and have no idea how much a good blender costs.

OK …

then just start lifting heavy and don't worry about the macros for now ….you should still see results….
  • ndj1979
    Options

si
  • MaiLinna
    Options

Porque tengo zero dinero. :c Mi vida dificil...