ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    on a tight budget yet follows a very restrictive diet

ahh first world problems

:D yeah, I was thinking that too…

Excuse me? Do you know how many meals I can make out of a $.99 bouillon pack and a $1.50 bag of spinach? Do you know what it's like to rely on ramen and your parents' addiction to fast food for 90% of your diet because your parents think vegetables "aren't real food?"

You guys are walkin a pretty tight line. You have no idea who I am or who I came from. First world problems my *kitten*.

we are trying to help you but you keep rolling out the excuse train.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

ahh first world problems

Excuse me? Do you know how many meals I can make out of a $.99 bouillon pack and a $1.50 bag of spinach? Do you know what it's like to rely on ramen and your parents' addiction to fast food for 90% of your diet because your parents think vegetables "aren't real food?"

You guys are walkin a pretty tight line. You have no idea who I am or who I came from. First world problems my *kitten*.

You only have $20 for food, yet you live with your parents who only eat fast food?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month

and what about you? what are you doing?

Me? I am doing the veggie diet I tried the fruit one n lost 4lbs in a week now I am truing this

if the fruit diet worked so well why did you switch to the veggie one?

I changed because my friends and family told me that I should have a verity

Variety is not eating one food group at a time. It's eating a bit from each food group every day.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    walmart.com/ip/17340040?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227015517302&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40886777072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78818251952&veh=sem
    4 bags, that makes 80 servings of 23 grams per serving.
    So for $24, you can have 1,840 grams of protein. If you're going for 140 grams a day (sounds high to me), you're looking at 13 days worth. If you do 100 grams of protein a day, you're looking at just over 18 days.

Dude you're *kitten* awesome. There's a ton of Bob's Red Mill at my grocery (because i think it's made here, I dunno?) and I'm kinda overwhelmed and not sure what's what. Vital wheat gluten flour is used to make seitan? Maybe? Lemme google this.

Edit: OMG ADD TO WATER AND IT'S SEITAN!!! AND SO CHEAP!!! Oh God I never really bought seitan much because it's expensive when it's already made! Oh this is badass! Thanks!!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    walmart.com/ip/17340040?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227015517302&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40886777072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78818251952&veh=sem
    4 bags, that makes 80 servings of 23 grams per serving.
    So for $24, you can have 1,840 grams of protein. If you're going for 140 grams a day (sounds high to me), you're looking at 13 days worth. If you do 100 grams of protein a day, you're looking at just over 18 days.

That’s actually pretty friggin amazing!
    Did my research as I'm contemplating moving towards being more vegetarian / vegan.
    The downside is, it isn't a complete protein. You need to either eat it with some soy, or my thought was to buy L-Lysine pills (the essential amino acid it is low in). Even with buying lysine, it was the first option I found that was vegan that could beat boneless, skinless chicken breast for cost per gram of protein of something that is almost pure protein. Cooking it can take time, but chicken breasts don't cook themselves either.
  • Russia_Deanna
    Russia_Deanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month

Me? I am doing the veggie diet I tried the fruit one n lost 4lbs in a week now I am truing this

Variety is not eating one food group at a time. It's eating a bit from each food group every day.

I was only eating fruits I forgot my. Protein
  • iotterbeinbed
    iotterbeinbed Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Budgetbytes.com is a useful website, if you're on a tight budget! There's quite a few vegan recipes posted. =)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Budgetbytes.com is a useful website, if you're on a tight budget! There's quite a few vegan recipes posted. =)

Oh right. I think I'll have a look actually.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    you are being muy dificil

Porque tengo zero dinero. :c Mi vida dificil...

cero :)

I doubt that your body is gross. You have to make peace with the fact that bodies are strange and that even though we have all the same parts, bodies vary enormously. For example, I also wear size 8 skinny jeans and I currently weigh 209 pounds. You can't really compare yourself to other people or you are just setting yourself up for a lifetime of frustration. Maybe a good goal would be to feel confident about yourself and happy in your own skin.

I've been lifting off and on since my teens and I have NEVER injured myself that way. It's really quite safe, especially if you are using machines. I agree with everyone who is telling you to find a way to lift heavy things.

Another suggestion that nobody has mentioned--take a dance class. It could be dance fitness like Zumba or a more traditional dance class like salsa or ballet. Dance is great for flexibility and agility, but the reason that I think it might be good for you is that it teaches you to feel confident and to really occupy your body.

P.S. Maybe you need size S TALL tops? Gap, BR and Old Navy are good places to get tall sizes in reasonably-priced clothing.

• MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You only have $20 for food, yet you live with your parents who only eat fast food?

No, I moved to the other side of the country to get away from them. Let's not go down that line in particular, but I've been looking up a lot of free clinics so I can try and get therapy.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

ahh first world problems

lol so you're chilling on the internet fighting with people (who are trying to help you) while limiting yourself to a insanely restrictive diet which you apparently can't afford

and scoffing at the idea of first world problems

hmmm
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you're really worried about soft tissue injuries, here are some safer exercises, according to Bret Contreras:

21 Exercises For Injury Free Mass

Also you can ask again about a routine and people can give advice (like if you're using weight machines, stay away from the knee extension machine. I've got plenty of these).

The thing to seriously stay away from if you have no money for medical care is running. Just don't do it, man. Walking is ok.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Also: most North American cities offer some kind of low-cost access to a gym. Like the YMCA. I think you would have to show some paperwork but their whole deal is access to fitness for everyone. Same for community centres. Ask!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    (Also, I apologize for mentioning it, but srsly, meat, if you would ever consider it, would probably take you further. I eat medium ground beef because I happen to like it; it's also really cheap and filling. Sorry about that, I get that you have objections. Just saying.)
  • senecarr
    Options

I was only eating fruits I forgot my. Protein

burix3etq38v.png
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Also: most North American cities offer some kind of low-cost access to a gym. Like the YMCA. I think you would have to show some paperwork but their whole deal is access to fitness for everyone. Same for community centres. Ask!

I don't know that that is true...I've lived in a couple of places where the YMCA is the most expensive option in town. The last place that I lived where the Y was convenient, the fee was something like $60 a month and nobody asked about my income. However, lots of places (including YMCA) do have summer specials where you can take advantage of the facilities at a lower rate and without any kind of initiation fee. You could also look for a cheap chain gym like Planet Fitness--$10/month.

Also check out community colleges, community centers, parks and recreation, small fitness studios, etc. Unless you live in a very small town, there is likely some kind of affordable option somewhere.
  • tomatoey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

I don't know that that is true...I've lived in a couple of places where the YMCA is the most expensive option in town. The last place that I lived where the Y was convenient, the fee was something like $60 a month and nobody asked about my income. However, lots of places (including YMCA) do have summer specials where you can take advantage of the facilities at a lower rate and without any kind of initiation fee. You could also look for a cheap chain gym like Planet Fitness--$10/month.

Also check out community colleges, community centers, parks and recreation, small fitness studios, etc. Unless you live in a very small town, there is likely some kind of affordable option somewhere.

They don't mention it, people have to ask for it. I looked into this for someone once. I think people have to show proof of income (or something about tax?) but the Y will almost assuredly do it.

Ok just checked - the magic words in Canada are "membership assistance" or "low income membership" or "financial assistance". I think you have to have below a certain set amount of income.

eg this one

http://www.ymcaofniagara.org/financial_aid.php
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I hate when people are like "Oh I'm poor too," then they're like "Omg I went to the doctor today and I lost 4 lbs! Oh here's a picture of my salmon dinner!"

Like...real? I worry about stretching my wilted, slimy spinach out over a week and walking in the rain because I just bleached the kitchen and can't afford an asthma attack, but you're at the doctor's office and eating salmon? Come on now.

LOL my student debt would put a small country to shame. I totally get your attitude, but you can find a ton of great resources on the internet with nutritious food on a budget. And maybe you can consider couponing: loads of savings to be had.

OMG walking in the store with coupons is THE BEST.
    Though half the time you end up buying things on sale that you wouldn't normally buy in the first place. XD At least I do. Then I forget I came there for something completely irrelevant to my coupons.

Make a list dear. And stick to it. I feed a family of 5 on an average of $180 a week. I use coupons, shop the circulars, price match when possible, stock up on really good deals and make use of a deep freeze (just scored 24 chicken thighs for a total of 15 bucks last week - add some fresh or frozen veggies and either rice or potato and that will feed my whole family (2 adults, 3 children) 4 dinners at less than $10 per dinner - that's 2 bucks a person, yo). Then again we aren't impoverished ramen-noodle-eating vegans (lolol at that). You want to eat an elitist diet, sounds like you need an elitist salary to go with.
  • tomatoey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You could also look for a cheap chain gym like Planet Fitness--$10/month.

This is good advice as well
  • senecarr
    Options
    I find it hard to budget for all the snake oil I use for weight loss.