How do I stop being "Skinny Fat?"

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    I dunno, I hate when people are like "Oh I'm poor too," then they're like "Omg I went to the doctor today and I lost 4 lbs! Oh here's a picture of my salmon dinner!"

Like...real? I worry about stretching my wilted, slimy spinach out over a week and walking in the rain because I just bleached the kitchen and can't afford an asthma attack, but you're at the doctor's office and eating salmon? Come on now.

Dude. What is going on? You don't even know the people posting in this thread.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month

and what about you? what are you doing?
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'll probably drop the weight on my own now that I'm not eating ramen 4 times a day or being handed free McDonald's, but seriously every time someone mentions lifting they tell you you're gonna get hurt. I kinda can't afford that so naturally I'm nervous about lifting things. I bookmarked the stuff ya'll mentioned so I dunno why you're shootin me.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Is there anything safer I could do? If I hurt myself I don't have a doctor to go to.

Hey, message me I think I have something that could help! I was the same way, I was at the weight I liked but didn't feel comfortable still. I used this workout guide and now I feel better than ever! It's 28 mins 3 times a week, then the other days you are supposed to walk or jog for 30 mins! (I don't maintain the walking and jogging as I should, but I do the 28 min workout)!

And how about you. Why can't you post it here?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I dunno, I hate when people are like "Oh I'm poor too," then they're like "Omg I went to the doctor today and I lost 4 lbs! Oh here's a picture of my salmon dinner!"

Like...real? I worry about stretching my wilted, slimy spinach out over a week and walking in the rain because I just bleached the kitchen and can't afford an asthma attack, but you're at the doctor's office and eating salmon? Come on now.

what????

yea time to upgrade. that salmon doc sounds fishy

oh-stop-it-you-0a5f0abd916cdb78535401dc6acd2820.png
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

LOL my student debt would put a small country to shame. You can find a ton of great resources on the internet with nutritious food on a budget. And maybe you can consider couponing: loads of savings to be had. Your attitude is stopping you from doing stuff, woman.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'll probably drop the weight on my own now that I'm not eating ramen 4 times a day or being handed free McDonald's, but seriously every time someone mentions lifting they tell you you're gonna get hurt. I kinda can't afford that so naturally I'm nervous about lifting things. I bookmarked the stuff ya'll mentioned so I dunno why you're shootin me.

We're not. Try the body weight stuff! Don't worry too much about the protein thing yet.
  • Emilia777
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    on a tight budget yet follows a very restrictive diet

ahh first world problems

:D yeah, I was thinking that too…
  • Russia_Deanna
    Russia_Deanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month

Me? I am doing the veggie diet I tried the fruit one n lost 4lbs in a week now I am truing this
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

what????

my doctor only gives me ham and cheese sandwiches and water when I see him…

is this a new obamacare thing??? Get salmon at the dr????
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

LOL my student debt would put a small country to shame. I totally get your attitude, but you can find a ton of great resources on the internet with nutritious food on a budget. And maybe you can consider couponing: loads of savings to be had.

OMG walking in the store with coupons is THE BEST.
    Though half the time you end up buying things on sale that you wouldn't normally buy in the first place. XD At least I do. Then I forget I came there for something completely irrelevant to my coupons.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

what????

My doctor only gives me the finger and than sends me a bill. :s

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Me? I am doing the veggie diet I tried the fruit one n lost 4lbs in a week now I am truing this

if the fruit diet worked so well why did you switch to the veggie one?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    walmart.com/ip/17340040?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227015517302&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40886777072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78818251952&veh=sem
    4 bags, that makes 80 servings of 23 grams per serving.
    So for $24, you can have 1,840 grams of protein. If you're going for 140 grams a day (sounds high to me), you're looking at 13 days worth. If you do 100 grams of protein a day, you're looking at just over 18 days.
  • Emilia777
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    walmart.com/ip/17340040?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227015517302&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40886777072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78818251952&veh=sem
    4 bags, that makes 80 servings of 23 grams per serving.
    So for $24, you can have 1,840 grams of protein. If you're going for 140 grams a day (sounds high to me), you're looking at 13 days worth. If you do 100 grams of protein a day, you're looking at just over 18 days.

That’s actually pretty friggin amazing!
  • arditarose
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

what????

My doctor only give me the finger and than sends me a bill. :s

I've had a Dr./credit collector chasing me for about 5 years. I give THEM the finger.
  • Emilia777
    edited June 2015
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

what????

My doctor only give me the finger and than sends me a bill. :s

I've had a Dr./credit collector chasing me for about 5 years. I give THEM the finger.

That why you’re so sick of cardio now??
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    on a tight budget yet follows a very restrictive diet

ahh first world problems

:D yeah, I was thinking that too…

Excuse me? Do you know how many meals I can make out of a $.99 bouillon pack and a $1.50 bag of spinach? Do you know what it's like to rely on ramen and your parents' addiction to fast food for 90% of your diet because your parents think vegetables "aren't real food?"

You guys are walkin a pretty tight line. You have no idea who I am or who I came from. First world problems my *kitten*.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options

We're not. Try the body weight stuff! Don't worry too much about the protein thing yet.

Winner, winner, vegan chicken dinner.
  • Russia_Deanna
    Russia_Deanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options

if the fruit diet worked so well why did you switch to the veggie one?

I changed because my friends and family told me that I should have a verity