Options

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

those numbers are wrong ..you only need about one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. you can fill the rest in with carbs. and your fats should be about .4 or .45 per pound of body weight.

Why can't you just buy a tub of cheap protein powder from walmart? Why does it have to be tofu???

Because I'm vegan, which already hikes up the price, plus add in the fact that I don't have a blender and have no idea how much a good blender costs.

You can probably get a decent-priced vegan protein. You don’t need a blender, a cheap blender bottle suffices to mix most protein powders. Lentils are also a great source of protein, but higher in calories than tofu. So are other beans, and they’re dirt cheap if you buy them dry and learn to cook them. If you ate fish, tuna would also be a good inexpensive source. Frozen edamame beans are good too.

Stop giving up before you even started. Look into it, do some research, figure it out. Good luck.

Edited to ad: Yo también tengo zero dinero lol. You can do this!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    you are being muy dificil

Porque tengo zero dinero. :c Mi vida dificil...

You had no dinner?!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    OP is on a budget. Body weight workouts are free, START HERE.
  • mandalynne
    mandalynne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to be scared of weight lifting.. then I dislocated my knee and learned that the best way to AVOID injury is to strength train. I love lifting, it's the best way to change your body, feeling strong is amazing and it doesn't take a lot to get started! Grab a couple sets of dumbells at Walmart, if you are on a budget, and start there. Squat with weights, lunges with weights, work biceps, triceps, you can do core exercises with them too. You don't have to spend a lot on a big weight set to get started.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Money? lol? Comes from the arabic word dinar.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

those numbers are wrong ..you only need about one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. you can fill the rest in with carbs. and your fats should be about .4 or .45 per pound of body weight.

Why can't you just buy a tub of cheap protein powder from walmart? Why does it have to be tofu???

Because I'm vegan, which already hikes up the price, plus add in the fact that I don't have a blender and have no idea how much a good blender costs.
    So grab a pack of Vital Wheat Gluten and make your own Seitan, doesn't get much cheaper for protein. You'll need a source of protein with Lysine to balance it or take lysine pills (still cheap even adding 1 gram of lysine pill per serving).
  • Russia_Deanna
    Russia_Deanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try having a all fruit diet that worked for me but every week on only one day have some meat and protein
  • arditarose
    Options
    Also, it's summer. Outdoor gym, yo. Free.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You've given up already. First you won't lift because you're afraid of hurting yourself. Now you're too poor to bother. I'm poor too. I get creative and I plan. I also did research. There are websites out there where you can get free samples of vegan protein supplements, but you have to go search for them. If you want it you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Money? lol? Comes from the arabic word dinar.

Oh right.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Try having a all fruit diet that worked for me but every week on only one day have some meat and protein

mm no
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

mm no

That’s one of the worst ideas I’ve heard… in the past 4 hours.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i normally would never recommend this but you could join a planet fitness for 10.00 a month ….
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I hate when people are like "Oh I'm poor too," then they're like "Omg I went to the doctor today and I lost 4 lbs! Oh here's a picture of my salmon dinner!"

Like...real? I worry about stretching my wilted, slimy spinach out over a week and walking in the rain because I just bleached the kitchen and can't afford an asthma attack, but you're at the doctor's office and eating salmon? Come on now.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    on a tight budget yet follows a very restrictive diet

ahh first world problems
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    i normally would never recommend this but you could join a planet fitness for 10.00 a month ….

I'm judging you so hard for recommending the judgement free zone.
  • Russia_Deanna
    Options
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I dunno, I hate when people are like "Oh I'm poor too," then they're like "Omg I went to the doctor today and I lost 4 lbs! Oh here's a picture of my salmon dinner!"

Like...real? I worry about stretching my wilted, slimy spinach out over a week and walking in the rain because I just bleached the kitchen and can't afford an asthma attack, but you're at the doctor's office and eating salmon? Come on now.

what????
  • Russia_Deanna
    Options
    Try a all veggie diet or if that doesn't work jog for 3min every day for a month

I mean 30min
  • ndj1979
    Options

what happened to the all fruit diet???