Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options

Replies

• jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You are so brave amd beautiful. I have thought about posting before photos but haven't even been able to bring myself to look at them. You are doing a great job and should be so proud! Good luck on your knee replacement!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Is this your new swimsuit? It's my favorite so far. Super cute! :drinker:
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What can I say? You are wonderful!

Thank you for sharing!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Is this your new swimsuit? It's my favorite so far. Super cute! :drinker:

Yes, Sis. I like this one so much that I ordered a purple one today in the same style. I am going to need some more swimming outfits, if Ed and I are going to the pool every day; and that appears to be the plan. As we were leaving the pool area to drive home, Ed said, "I think that you should do 25 laps tomorrow."

My response was..."WHAT?!!! Are you crazy?!!!" :noway:

That's when he reminded me that he is 'the coach'. He doesn't swim. He can't swim, but he sure can coach. He used to be the wrestling coach at his sons' high school. His youngest son was a state champion. So, the word 'coach' does apply.

I thought that I would be in horrible pain today, after 16 laps yesterday; but I feel fine. So, Coach knows best. :wink:
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I applaud your bravery and positive attitude. Plus it sounds like you have a great and loving partner!

Kudos to you!
  • MoreLikeMe43
    MoreLikeMe43 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You always, always sparkle. In your pics and your posts. Truly inspirational.
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the "plunge" so to speak. Every journey starts somewhere and you are off to a great start.

I knew by the scale that I was the heaviest I had ever been but for some reason didn't see how bad it was when I looked in the mirror. My "ah ha" moment was when I saw myself in photos from a party in April...WOW! I don't know why but even I was shocked. That was it, I chucked the junk (for the most part) and stared getting serious about losing the weight. Sure there have been slip ups but I keep that photo up where I can see it.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you to face your truth.. Without the truth its hard to change. It is scary to post photos... But scarier not to... Keep up the fantastic work and dedication. You will get those new knees before you know it!
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Well, I think you're looking great. To me, a woman who is about 50 pounds heavier than you, you look slim, and actually have quite a youthful looking body. I would never guess that you are 68.

Truthfully, I have seen pictures of very young women who've lost weight and some of them seem to have saggier skin than you do. I bet continuing to swim is going to help tone up some of those areas you don't like so much. But listen to Ed... Ed knows sexy when he sees it. : )

STANDING OVATION!!!

I wonder if you're going to start losing weight even faster now? Not only the exercise, but all that good vitamin D from the sun is supposed to help with losing weight!

How does it feel to be a role model and a hero to so many? :flowerforyou:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you're looking great. To me, a woman who is about 50 pounds heavier than you, you look slim, and actually have quite a youthful looking body. I would never guess that you are 68.
    I would never use the words 'slim' or 'youthful' to describe my body. Of course, the word 'sexy' sounded pretty silly, when Ed used it today as he took those photos. He kept making me laugh, as he said stuff between taking pictures, like: "I have to have this photo on my computer." "Love that skin." and "You look so sexy."

Like I said...He isn't called Special Ed for nothing. My man is unique; and I am so glad that he really considers me to be sexy and beautiful, just like this.
    I wonder if you're going to start losing weight even faster now? Not only the exercise, but all that good vitamin D from the sun is supposed to help with losing weight!
    I hope that all the time in the pool will help with my weight loss; but I will be happy, if it just helps to tighten up some of my flabby skin.
    How does it feel to be a role model and a hero to so many?
    SCARY! I don't like being put on a pedestal. That makes the fall a lot harder, if I should fail in any way.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    not scary at all, lovely and inspiring! thank you for sharing.
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sue, I am so proud of you and inspired by you as well. You are very courageous for facing the tough truth and it reminds me of having to face the truth of what I look like after fighting breast cancer and having to have a double mastectomy without the possibility of any reconstructive surgery due to severe skin burns from radiation. Also, a big scar and being uneven due to the soft tissue being actually melted and getting MRSA in the wounds!! Ugh!!! You can imagine it is not a pretty sight! But I have learned to love the altered me and see the scars as a hard won battle and a symbol of how God saved my life to bless me with more time with my family!!!
    Keep on inspiring people and may God be Glorified in the process!!!
    Love you. Tess:heart:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    You are so cute! I love your attitude. What a blessing to have such a wonderful husband.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow...what a great attitude and well done for facing your demons.... you will make your goals!

(I couldn't swim 20 laps!!)
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman with an amazing story! I have no doubt that you will succeed losing the remaining pounds. Be proud of what you achieved so far, I feel honoured that I got to read your post, it both made me smile and brought a tear to my eye, realising I also have a "special Ed" in my life and how much I love her!!! Thank you!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Your personality, courage and love for your man comes through the post. Congratulations on all your hard work and thank you for sharing your story.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    you are just fab,you are an inspiration,you have what so many would crave and dont have your special ED I have one too but he is Dave!!!!!!
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are really way too hard on yourself. If I had seen you at the pool (or anywhere else for that matter) I would never think to myself "oh look at that fat old lady" or whatever it is you are worried people will think and I would like to think that most people wouldn't think it either. Actually, the first thought that came to my mind when I saw your pictures is that I hope that when I am your age that my husband and I are still very much in love just like you and your husband are and that I will still be out and about and enjoying summers at a beach or a pool and still being an active member of society and enjoying my life to the fullest just like you and your husband are. Congrats on all of your success and keep up the good work and please stop being so hard on yourself!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!! It does take a lot of guts to do that. I have my photos in my undies taken at around 220lbs but am not brave enough to post them. You are such an inspiration and you have done amazingly well so far.

Very best of luck to you for the rest of your journey xx
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... and sharing and inspiring us. Two mornings in a row I've been drawn to your posts :O) You don't look 68 at all. And the photos while showing where you are also show how far you've come. And you've come a LONG way. Hold that head high and keep listening to coach. You can do 25 laps ;o)

Geina (who might just have to invest in a new swimsuit when she has some pennies, just to take piccies!) xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!