Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    But I have learned to love the altered me and see the scars as a hard won battle and a symbol of how God saved my life to bless me with more time with my family!!!
    Keep on inspiring people and may God be Glorified in the process!!!
    Love you. Tess:heart:

My sister had breast cancer; and she had a mastectomy. My mom had colon cancer; but she would not allow the doctors to do the surgery which could have saved her, because she did not want to wear a colostomy bag. That cancer took her life, because she could not deal with the possibility of something 'ugly' attached to her body. The price she paid for vanity was her life. I can't afford that kind of vanity.

Without God, I would have no hope. He is my strength. :heart:
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Well done! Very courageous of you, I cant wait for the next update and for the time after your surgery when you have your new knees, you definitely deserve them!
  • rhea420
    rhea420 Posts: 68
    Options
    Your adorable and brave personality lifted me. I adore you for that! You did awesome, and you look beautiful! Thank you for inspiring us!
  • JBaskett1963
    Options
    If only I had that kind of courage to have pictures like that taken of me. You are such an inspiration and your beauty shows both from the inside and out.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Well done Sue!! It IS a success story, and not just for the pounds lost and your new knees that will come one day soon, but the love of a good man and many blessings that you have.

Keep up the great work!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job on your weight loss so far! I know just what you mean about covering up. I've done it for years. I don't think there is anything wrong in wearing clothing that flatters your body where you are now. On the other hand, it can keep you in obesity bondage because you don't look so bad in certain clothes; everyone tells you that you look like you weigh a lot less, etc. I totally understand the revealing photos.

Your husband is wonderful, you lucky woman!

Keep pushing! :smile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy reading your posts. You have a fantastic outlook on things!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You're wonderful! But tell The Coach to take it easy on you. Having had leg cramps in the pool, I can attest to the wisdom of adding your laps in gradually. It took me a month to get to 30 minutes and another to get to 60 and I'm not needing a knee replacement. Slow and steady...

I'm glad you took those photos. And we own the same thighs. But, Onward and Downward! (Scalewise, that is!)
  • linda_p
    linda_p Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Once again, an extremely inspiring story. You will never know how much you are teaching me. Thank you for being true to yourself!
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Marvellous, and inspirational to a 67 year old.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It took courage to do that! Kudos to u for that! Most people don't have the courage... I'm one of em. Fantastic loss so far and keep up the awesome work towards a much healthier you. :flowerforyou:
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous and my new hero!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I love the smile on your face in the pictures, you don't look scared at all, you look like a lady taking control.

Cheers and keep up the great work, you got this! :drinker:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Your post made me tear up because of the beauty of your spirit. It shines through in your lovely smile. You and your husband are lucky people to have each other. You'll have those new knees sooner than you think.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for facing your fear and putting your before body out there. Although at 219 you were definitely overweight, I don't think anyone on here will think negatively on you for it. You're a beautiful woman and you're finally taking the reins on your life. Great job so far with what you've lost. :)
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wow! you are so brave and so caring to share with us. thankyou for sharing and wishing you all the best
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love your post and I think you look beautiful. I love that your husband says your sexy you should believe him and start feeling it yourself. Good luck on the knee surgerys and getting to onederland. By the way I wanted to add Speedo has a nice conservative plus size swimsuit (I used to use them) they are not high cut and have thick straps. Plus they kind of suck everything in. But they will hold up to lap swimming use longer then fashion suits. Mine lasted me 6 months (only bought a new one because the old one got to big) but the speedo will hold its electricity a lot longer. I love lap swimming and swim 5xs a week. Good luck and again great post.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Your courage, humour, honesty and humbleness brought me to tears - well done on your progress so far!

Take Care :flowerforyou:

x
  • daisyboo84
    daisyboo84 Posts: 37
    Options
    You're amazing. :) xxx
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are too hard on yourself you look great. We also have the same body type with our tummies.

I agree with the above poster. I'm working on strengthening that body. While my knees aren't great, my back is my issue.

You are are delight to read and your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks for your blogs and posts. They help more than you know.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!