Can you have too much protein?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    There are actually dangers to over consumption of certain amino acids. Excessive protein consumption is a common discussion and concern among nutritionist. And even if over dose was the wrong word for the situation, it does not mean people need to come in without a shred of useful information just to attempt to discredit others who are just trying to be informative to someone asking a question.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    There are actually dangers to over consumption of certain amino acids. Excessive protein consumption is a common discussion and concern among nutritionist. And even if over dose was the wrong word for the situation, it does not mean people need to come in without a shred of useful information just to attempt to discredit others who are just trying to be informative to someone asking a question.

if you actually bothered to read the thread, you'd see that OP was logging inaccurately, and has already corrected the logging issue

but thanks for shocking us with the concept that a 90% protein diet would be unhealthy
  • jessef593
    Options
    And thanks, but if you had read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that within my first few sentences, after that I was merely trying to be informative for the OPs benefit. I've got to ask man, what's your problem? Like I get that filling your ego up by being a *kitten* disturber can be fun, but don't you ever get bored with being up on that high horse?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    And thanks, but if you had read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that within my first few sentences, after that I was merely trying to be informative for the OPs benefit. I've got to ask man, what's your problem? Like I get that filling your ego up by being a *kitten* disturber can be fun, but don't you ever get bored with being up on that high horse?

brother you couldn't take a few joking replies to your difficult-to-read post and immediately lashed out by calling everyone uneducated

so much for ego
  • jessef593
    Options
    Well *kitten* man, never feels good to leave a post and have some pretty hard criticism waiting for you, yeah it could've been worded better. And slightly more organized I'll give those to you
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    Well *kitten* man, never feels good to leave a post and have some pretty hard criticism waiting for you, yeah it could've been worded better. And slightly more organized I'll give those to you

hey it's just the internet bro don't take it too seriously

many here advocate at least a somewhat-balanced diet and I don't think anyone would suggest that consuming 90% of your diet as protein would be advisable, because that would be crazy. but you never know
  • jessef593
    Options
    Yeah fair enough. Yeah I was just thinking at 90% for me would be over 600g a day. Obviously less for the OP, but you know what I mean. Yeah definitely, some peoples idea of healthy or balanced can be quite extreme
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm advocating a 90% protein diet, 600g or more a day. Not for health, but just because anyone that can afford to follow the diet can afford the rates I want to charge for consultation.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You definitely have to be careful to pick a correct database item. I love the serving size on this yogurt:

w8rm8qjlgp6r.png

I seriously laughed my head off at this. hahahaha
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    Yeah fair enough. Yeah I was just thinking at 90% for me would be over 600g a day. Obviously less for the OP, but you know what I mean. Yeah definitely, some peoples idea of healthy or balanced can be quite extreme

it's all in good spirits man just keep pushing the info, here and there you'll get some *kitten* for it, you know how it goes. sometimes people are right, sometimes people are wrong, then we can learn something new