For those who think weight lifting is "boring"

Options
12346»

Replies

• LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options

So if a person finds lifting boring, but does it anyway, is that person lazy?

Totally see your point. That's me, I don't enjoy lifting at all but hey, it gets different results from cardio alone.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    <judgement on>
    Straight up, if you find lifting boring, it's because your trying to find a "plausible" excuse to be lazy.

Knock it off.
    <judgement off>
    That doesn't make much sense. I've been lifting heavy for over a year and have always found it boring. I still do it, because the results are worth it. What has that got to do with laziness or excuses? Surely "lazy" is when you only do things you enjoy doing.
    ?
    Your definition of lazy is just as bad. So if I do two hours of exercise I enjoy and refuse to do exercise I don't enjoy, I'm lazy?

Life is short. Why waste a moment of it being unhappy if you don't have to?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I agree. I find cardio much more boring than lifting, but lifting is intimidating. Particularly in a public setting when you're new to the concept. I don't like lifting at my gym unless my husband is with me (ostensibly 'spotting', but really blocking me from other people. I get way self conscious).

Try doing hip thrusts in a gym full of testosterone fueled men. If you can do that, you can do ANYTHING.

I sometimes have trouble with form on squats/good mornings/rdl's because I feel self conscious about purposefully sticking my *kitten* way out in a room full of young and attractive shirtless dudes.

Takes a while to get over that.

Nothing at all boring about that concept :wink:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    <judgement on>
    Straight up, if you find lifting boring, it's because your trying to find a "plausible" excuse to be lazy.

Knock it off.
    <judgement off>
    That doesn't make much sense. I've been lifting heavy for over a year and have always found it boring. I still do it, because the results are worth it. What has that got to do with laziness or excuses? Surely "lazy" is when you only do things you enjoy doing.
    ?
    Your definition of lazy is just as bad. So if I do two hours of exercise I enjoy and refuse to do exercise I don't enjoy, I'm lazy?

Life is short. Why waste a moment of it being unhappy if you don't have to?
    That's not really what I meant, and I agree with you. I just meant that it takes more mental effort to do things that I find boring than to do things that I enjoy, so for me the lazier option would be to go for a run instead of lifting, because I like running. But "lazy"'s not really the word I would choose for either option, so I worded that badly before.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Both weight training and cardio can be very boring, even if you exercise mindfully, with your full attention, and even if you appreciate the results.