My First Clean Bulk: looking for opinions/tips

Options
123457»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    BradW99 wrote: »
    Well this tread turned around rather quickly. @LolBroScience I publicly apologize for insulting your physique and intelligence. I realize we are all here for the same reason and that's fitness. And while our views may not align, that doesn't mean degradation is best. Lift on brother, lift on! PS I still want to borrow that arm blaster.

Very classy. Apologies don't happen often around here.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sheblak10 wrote: »
    sorry the picture is huge...keep in mind that I do eat fruits and veggies just didn't write them down on the excel sheet as well as I do take a multivitamin 3x daily as well as BCAA

tdwcwv4yswst.png

You seem to maintain a heavy reliance on supplementation. Taking a muli 3x a day is likely just p!ssing money away. Literally. You can only absorb so much, and most vitamins don't give you extra credit for exceeding your needs. The extra, quite honestly, just gets wizzed out.
  • Sheblak10
    Sheblak10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    sorry the picture is huge...keep in mind that I do eat fruits and veggies just didn't write them down on the excel sheet as well as I do take a multivitamin 3x daily as well as BCAA

tdwcwv4yswst.png

You seem to maintain a heavy reliance on supplementation. Taking a muli 3x a day is likely just p!ssing money away. Literally. You can only absorb so much, and most vitamins don't give you extra credit for exceeding your needs. The extra, quite honestly, just gets wizzed out.

I don't track the vitamin in myfitnesspal, should've said that sorry. I take it three times because the directions say to TBH, so you think I should cut back a little?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

This. And your fiber is so low. Eventually you may start feeling plugged up on this type of intake. Saw that you're looking to add new stuff in, which is good! You can easily add in extra calories into your meals; add avocado to a cheeseburger, cook your chicken in extra olive oil, or switch up the vegetables you use with sweet potatoes/red potatoes every now and then.

I second this about supplements/the mass gainer. You don't need that much protein per day, and a good portion is going to end back into the toilet. Focus on the protein goals suggested by some very experienced people in this thread, and re-evaluate into something sustainable for you, that sets reasonable macro goals to hit eat day.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

I don't track the vitamin in myfitnesspal, should've said that sorry. I take it three times because the directions say to TBH, so you think I should cut back a little?

Which vitamin is it?
  • mantium999
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

Not necessarily, I guess it all depends on dose requirements. My multi is just 1 pill once a day, so I was making an assumption.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You guys are right, I looked and that guy named Albert David took it in Orlando on 2-28-15. Mine is just a state record now. He hit 242.5 squat - 160 bench - and 657.5 total. I admit I'm wrong on this one. Swing and a miss. Sort of.

Not wrong - you did hold the record. My APA National ones were taken and I did not even realize it for ages. Annoying thing is, the CA state records have not been updated for years (even though there is at least 3 meets a year) - so I have no record of my state ones in that fed. Luckily the USAPL is more organized.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Well this tread turned around rather quickly. @LolBroScience I publicly apologize for insulting your physique and intelligence. I realize we are all here for the same reason and that's fitness. And while our views may not align, that doesn't mean degradation is best. Lift on brother, lift on! PS I still want to borrow that arm blaster.

Very classy. Apologies don't happen often around here.

*nods*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what the heck happened in here????
  • mantium999
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Bro hugs and Sara setting everyone straight with her newfound wizzing in the snow objective. Try and keep up. :)
  • ndj1979
    Options

Bro hugs and Sara setting everyone straight with her newfound wizzing in the snow objective. Try and keep up. :)

damn, i get busy at work, go to the gym for leg day, and come back to this…LOL
  • mantium999
    Options

Yeah, it was pretty funny that, once the johnson comparisons started, the power gals joined in, and all egos went limp.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Yeah, it was pretty funny that, once the johnson comparisons started, the power gals joined in, and all egos went limp.

LMFAO.
  • ndj1979
    Options

bahahahahahahaha
  • Sheblak10
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

Which vitamin is it?

Opti-Men by Optimum Nutrition
  • missiontofitness
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

Which vitamin is it?

Well, according to the label, it looks like it hits a lot of daily goals for vitamins and minerals when you take the recommended 3 per day. I'd say there's no harm, per se, in following the label unless you're okay with some of your daily percentages being lower...but one tablet easily exceeds 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamins or minerals, so you could probably get away with taking less if you decided to do so. You probably don't need 500% per day of Vitamin C, or 2500% of Vitamin B6, lol.
  • Sheblak10
    Options

tdwcwv4yswst.png

Which vitamin is it?

Well, according to the label, it looks like it hits a lot of daily goals for vitamins and minerals when you take the recommended 3 per day. I'd say there's no harm, per se, in following the label unless you're okay with some of your daily percentages being lower...but one tablet easily exceeds 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamins or minerals, so you could probably get away with taking less if you decided to do so. You probably don't need 500% per day of Vitamin C, or 2500% of Vitamin B6, lol.

yeah you're definitely right lol I've just made it a habit to take three so it's not really a burden but I'll most likely cut it back since I agree, you don't need three tablets worth
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm into my fourth week of clean bulking, below is my usual diet Monday-Saturday with Sunday being a cheat day. Any opinions, advice, tweaks would be awesome. Just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Thanks!

Information:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 174-175lbs.
    Body Fat: 9.4%

Goal: 190-195lbs by February depending on how I look in the mirror, any input here would be great.

Week 1: 169 lbs.
    Week 4: 174-175lbs.

rqla2pkv8fu8.png

Right now aiming for a 50c/20f/30p split, I don't mind the extra protein unless someone gives me good advice as to why I shouldn't go over 30%.

Thanks!

Really like the idea of the excel document to track macros! I'm now creating one