No Sugar Diet

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My sugar sources are from my veggies, fruit is limited to 1-2 green bananas after hard workout...
    Green bananas are nasty! :o

Carry on...

Bananas are best consumed after turning black and in the form of bread...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I'm replacing the fruit snacking with jerky, turkey burgers & eggs. No calorie reduction. My body just doesn't seem to metabolize sugar like I want it to.
    I'm just saying that this is what works for me & I'm sticking to it. Under my doctors recommendation & supervision.

How do you know that's not the reason? You don't even log in your diary?

No, I quit logging in my diary some time ago. I counted calories & points for 2 years. Again, what worked for me was to Eat Clean & eat until I was full. Success doesn't mean that you have logged every single morsel every day, follow the perfect macros, log exercise calories burned & swear by it, just because MFP has it listed. Success is being able to admit that you've been defeated many times, but it has only made you stronger. This is me. And I have been successful at what worked for me because I am satisfied with my accomplishments.

I am contributing to what has worked for me. And give the OP other options to look at. I know I was appreciative when receiving advice that led to success.
    The point is, unless you are logging and know your are or are not in a deficit, you can not make the claim that it merely was the removal off added sugar and not reduction of overall energy in...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I'm replacing the fruit snacking with jerky, turkey burgers & eggs. No calorie reduction. My body just doesn't seem to metabolize sugar like I want it to.
    I'm just saying that this is what works for me & I'm sticking to it. Under my doctors recommendation & supervision.

No, I quit logging in my diary some time ago. I counted calories & points for 2 years. Again, what worked for me was to Eat Clean & eat until I was full. Success doesn't mean that you have logged every single morsel every day, follow the perfect macros, log exercise calories burned & swear by it, just because MFP has it listed. Success is being able to admit that you've been defeated many times, but it has only made you stronger. This is me. And I have been successful at what worked for me because I am satisfied with my accomplishments.

I am contributing to what has worked for me. And give the OP other options to look at. I know I was appreciative when receiving advice that led to success.

the problem with your "advice" is that it is not based on science. If you reduce sugar and keep eating in a surplus, or maintenance, you are not going to lose weight. So if a newbie, or someone else, comes in here and sees your post and thinks "hmm, all I have to do is cut sugar out and not track calories and I will lose weight" then if they try that and continue to over eat they will not lose, and will be further behind the eight ball.

I never said that I was a professional giving scientific advice. I don't remember the OP asking if there were any doctors on board that were willing to give them advice based on their proven scientific research. I have experience, that's all. I thought that's what these posts were all about...suggestions & advice. Again, like I said, it worked for ME.

Now, I remember why I avoid MFP & live in the real world...

You are giving incorrect advice based on an experience that you assume is real, when in fact it is not.

Therefore, some of us have no choice but to correct the record for others that are new to losing weight and trying to learn.
    This is what you deal with when conversing with someone involved in a "diet cult". You can't fight faith with facts...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

the problem with your "advice" is that it is not based on science. If you reduce sugar and keep eating in a surplus, or maintenance, you are not going to lose weight. So if a newbie, or someone else, comes in here and sees your post and thinks "hmm, all I have to do is cut sugar out and not track calories and I will lose weight" then if they try that and continue to over eat they will not lose, and will be further behind the eight ball.

I never said that I was a professional giving scientific advice. I don't remember the OP asking if there were any doctors on board that were willing to give them advice based on their proven scientific research. I have experience, that's all. I thought that's what these posts were all about...suggestions & advice. Again, like I said, it worked for ME.

Now, I remember why I avoid posting on Message Boards & live in the real world... :/

The laws of physics define the real world. Based on that fact, I'm not sure where you live.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm always confused/amused at how being allowed to eat sugar and all over foods in moderation = a diet completely laden with pure sugar.

eating sugar =/= 2000 calories daily allowance of calories in the forum of twinkies.
    Much like eating a diet that includes protein does not automatically mean all I do is eat rabbit's I have personally caught by hand and skinned myself. Like extremes- they aren't necessary!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Much like eating a diet that includes protein does not automatically mean all I do is eat rabbit's I have personally caught by hand and skinned myself. Like extremes- they aren't necessary!

Well duh....there's squirrels and possums too.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @joRocka I am impressed. I thought Rocky going after a chicken was hard.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Well duh....there's squirrels and possums too.

Don't forget raccoons.

The other white meat.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @joRocka I am impressed. I thought Rocky going after a chicken was hard.
    rabbits is where it's at... chickens are child's play :p
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I'm always confused/amused at how being allowed to eat sugar and all over foods in moderation = a diet completely laden with pure sugar.

eating sugar =/= 2000 calories daily allowance of calories in the forum of twinkies.

Cause, ya know, the sneaky evil hidden sugars, the pesky processed sugars, and the sugars that just plain look at me wrong. What is sugar looking at? Really? Mind your own business, sugar!

Just look at those shifty eyes.

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Cause, ya know, the sneaky evil hidden sugars, the pesky processed sugars, and the sugars that just plain look at me wrong. What is sugar looking at? Really? Mind your own business, sugar!

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

Some other body part - not eyes - is what I see.

*retrieves mind from gutter*
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

Hmm....I don't think I could move mine around like that.
  • auddii
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one that went there...
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

You never know unless you try
  • auddii
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

Let me guess, you'd be willing to assess how accurate her movements are... FOR SCIENCE!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

It hurts, but I can.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

It hurts, but I can.

I might could if I did some HIIT without a sports bra. Which would definitely hurt.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

Let me guess, you'd be willing to assess how accurate her movements are... FOR SCIENCE!!!

76743-dumb-and-dumber-laughing-gif-J-VtJD.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    edited June 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

shifty-eyed-cupcakes.gif

Well I mean come on...it's SCIENCE after all.

I'll consider it my own cross to bear.

I shall now take my seat at the dirty old men table.
This discussion has been closed.