Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    My neighbour lost weight eating in a calorific deficit. ;) She swears by that madness! :p

I was going to try this, but I have this weird speech thing where I can't pronounce neighbor, so I'm pretty sure trying would kill me from chemikilz.

Was that a remark at how I spelt neighbour? That is how it is spelt in the UK. Unless you really do have a pronunciation problem, which is unfortunate.

I think it was a remark at the posters saying they wouldn't eat anything they couldn't pronounce. Although I don't think @senecarr is actually going to eat his neighbor, so I don't know why it matters...

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    My neighbour lost weight eating in a calorific deficit. ;) She swears by that madness! :p

I was going to try this, but I have this weird speech thing where I can't pronounce neighbor, so I'm pretty sure trying would kill me from chemikilz.

yea I have a bone disease which impedes my ability to pronounce the 't' in "planetarium"

I tried...I'm finding the t rather necessary without sounding like I'm stuttering.

mfw I can't find the YouTube clip I need :confounded:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

yea I have a bone disease which impedes my ability to pronounce the 't' in "planetarium"

I tried...I'm finding the t rather necessary without sounding like I'm stuttering.

mfw I can't find the YouTube clip I need :confounded:

It's OK I couldn't see it anyway.

Stupid IT Dept blocking YouTube
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Was that a remark at how I spelt neighbour? That is how it is spelt in the UK. Unless you really do have a pronunciation problem, which is unfortunate.

I think it was a remark at the posters saying they wouldn't eat anything they couldn't pronounce. Although I don't think @senecarr is actually going to eat his neighbor, so I don't know why it matters...

yea but what if your neighbor is Todd Glass

https://youtu.be/WaB6DR-IBIg?t=1m40s

also why the F don't time-sync'ed YT links work here. Todd Glass @ 1:40
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

No, I wasn't implying I couldn't pronounce it because of the colour of your honour. Sorry if it came out that way. It is a joke on not eating things you can't pronounce, and neighbor was about the most difficult to pronounce word I could find your sentence.
  • senecarr
    Options

Well I do have a neighbor with the last name Berger.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I should have read the previous posts. Apologies and deepest respects to all concerned. I :p
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Well I do have a neighbor with the last name Berger.

If his first name is Hamilton you might want to fire up the grill.
  • senecarr
    Options

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I should have read the previous posts. Apologies and deepest respects to all concerned. I :p

This is an internet forum, you're not supposed to be calm and accept the most charitable interpretation. We're supposed to start being one step above threatening to fist fight in a parking lot somewhere.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

This is an internet forum, you're not supposed to be calm and accept the most charitable interpretation. We're supposed to start being one step above threatening to fist fight in a parking lot somewhere.

first you bro off

then you bro out
  • senecarr
    Options

first you bro off

then you bro out

I can't afford a bro out, I'm behind on laundry and this is my last pair of clean underwear.
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am far from a clean eater and am interested in why eating "processed" foods, in a balanced diet, is inherently bad?

My two sample days:

Yesterday
    Breakfast: Special K Breakfast sandwich, coffee with liquid creamer
    Lunch: leftovers which included jambalaya from a box, sautéed veggies, chicken and andouille sausage
    Dinner: (total change of plans and last minute dinner at home) frozen fish fillets, noodles from a package, sautéed asparagus
    Extras: bakery cookie, wine

Today:
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt, Kashi bar, coffee with liquid creamer
    Lunch: grilled chicken sandwich with cheese on wheat bun from work cafeteria
    Dinner: Whole wheat Rigatoni with homemade tomato sauce and store bought garlic bread.
    Extras: macarons from a bakery and wine

Both days under my calorie goal. I'm sure I could eat more veggies. Not a big fruit eater. But what is inherently unhealthy about my meals?

Everyone always assumes if you say you don't eat clean you are sitting around eating nothing but donuts and Doritos. I definitely don't do that. I have a busy life and convenience foods are just that, convenient. I lost my weight and am maintenance and my health markers are great. So why is it that because I dare to enter the middle aisles of the grocery store, is my food "junk"?

I did not say everything in the middle is junk. They are all processed foods. There is a difference. Read it correctly of you are going to try and throw my words back at me lol
  • slideaway1
    Options

I will meet you for a duel at dawn good sir. (Slaps with glove). :p
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    I am far from a clean eater and am interested in why eating "processed" foods, in a balanced diet, is inherently bad?

My two sample days:

Yesterday
    Lunch: leftovers which included jambalaya from a box, sautéed veggies, chicken and andouille sausage
    Dinner: (total change of plans and last minute dinner at home) frozen fish fillets, noodles from a package, sautéed asparagus

Today:
    Dinner: Whole wheat Rigatoni with homemade tomato sauce and store bought garlic bread.

Both days under my calorie goal. I'm sure I could eat more veggies. Not a big fruit eater. But what is inherently unhealthy about my meals?

Everyone always assumes if you say you don't eat clean you are sitting around eating nothing but donuts and Doritos. I definitely don't do that. I have a busy life and convenience foods are just that, convenient. I lost my weight and am maintenance and my health markers are great. So why is it that because I dare to enter the middle aisles of the grocery store, is my food "junk"?

I did not say everything in the middle is junk. They are all processed foods. There is a difference. Read it correctly of you are going to try and throw my words back at me lol

OK...and what's the purpose of separating "processed" from "unprocessed" (if there even is such a thing) then?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

first you bro off

then you bro out

I can't afford a bro out, I'm behind on laundry and this is my last pair of clean underwear.

have u heard of Chipotlaway tho
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options

A duel? Screw that, put on your gloves and get ready for a few rounds! :smiley:
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For me, saying I'll eat "clean" or I'll "cut out processed foods" means getting rid of the things in my diet that have chemicals listed in the ingredients. I don't care what studies someone might throw at me to show that such-and-such additive in that boxed meal isn't bad for us... I want to cut them out. It makes me feel good to know that I'm cooking food for my family that doesn't have all those additives. Many boxed foods or mixes are also full of sodium and I'd rather cook from scratch, add a bit of salt, then have the eaters add their own salt or seasonings. This is how my family can even eat chili for example, with one who likes his chili SPICY(!) omg... and another who likes is "pretty spicy", and one who wants no spice, and one who would like a teeny bit. ugh. lol So I make my own, with all ingredients that I can pronounce.

For the person up-thread who was arguing that beef is "processed" -- why do some of you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? Seems silly when you know very well what we're talking about when we say "processed food". Of course a steak in the store has been "processed" in some way -- the cow has been killed, then butchered, then packaged, and brought to the store. That's "processing". But obviously that's not the same thing as a frozen dinner or canned soup that has unpronounceable ingredients. lol

Smartest comment yet. Lol. I feel like most are arguing just for the sake of it. People were private messaging me telling me that my forum was going to attacked. I wasn't trying to offend anyone by calling certain sugary foods junk. But that's the way I was brought up and mom and dad always had referred to it as junk food. Didn't say it was a big sin to eat it. People can do what they want and stop trying to mold everyone into doing what they do like that is the CORRECT way. Thanks for this comment. :smiley:
  • slideaway1
    Options

A duel? Screw that, put on your gloves and get ready for a few rounds! :smiley:

We have ourselves a pugilist. Can I still wear my custom made velvet duelling gloves? I'm always looking for any excuse to wear them. ;)
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    For me, saying I'll eat "clean" or I'll "cut out processed foods" means getting rid of the things in my diet that have chemicals listed in the ingredients. I don't care what studies someone might throw at me to show that such-and-such additive in that boxed meal isn't bad for us... I want to cut them out. It makes me feel good to know that I'm cooking food for my family that doesn't have all those additives. Many boxed foods or mixes are also full of sodium and I'd rather cook from scratch, add a bit of salt, then have the eaters add their own salt or seasonings. This is how my family can even eat chili for example, with one who likes his chili SPICY(!) omg... and another who likes is "pretty spicy", and one who wants no spice, and one who would like a teeny bit. ugh. lol So I make my own, with all ingredients that I can pronounce.

For the person up-thread who was arguing that beef is "processed" -- why do some of you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? Seems silly when you know very well what we're talking about when we say "processed food". Of course a steak in the store has been "processed" in some way -- the cow has been killed, then butchered, then packaged, and brought to the store. That's "processing". But obviously that's not the same thing as a frozen dinner or canned soup that has unpronounceable ingredients. lol

Smartest comment yet. Lol. I feel like most are arguing just for the sake of it. People were private messaging me telling me that my forum was going to attacked. I wasn't trying to offend anyone by calling certain sugary foods junk. But that's the way I was brought up and mom and dad always had referred to it as junk food. Didn't say it was a big sin to eat it. People can do what they want and stop trying to mold everyone into doing what they do like that is the CORRECT way. Thanks for this comment. :smiley:

what you quoted may actually be the dumbest comment in the thread

"getting rid of the things in my diet that have chemicals listed in the ingredients"

wtf

stay away from dihydrogen monoxide too, it's a killer
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

My two sample days:

Yesterday

Today:

Seriously, you need to be less defensive. You may have written the original post in this thread, but other people have commented, and some of those other people indicated that anything that was from the middle of the store, was junk. I didn't quote you, so why are you assuming this was directed at you?

Not everything in this thread is about you, not everything is an attack, not everyone who disagrees with you is stuffing their faces with chips and ice cream.

This discussion has been closed.