Options
14567810»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    CBR500 wrote: »
    I put 3 cups of uncooked rice in the pan but when it was cooked I took out a cup using the same measure for myself and the rest my partner had.. Well what he could eat.. Is that not right?

That sounds like a lot of rice. I cook 1 C dry and eat 1/2 C cooked rice with lots of meat and veggies. The bag says a serving is 3/4 C cooked. My fiance probably has a cup of cooked rice. There's at least one serving left over that I send home for his mom and possibly another serving for me. Rice is problematic for me so I only make it once per week.

When I make rice, usually basmati, I put one cup of uncooked rice and 1 and 1/2 cups of water in my rice cooker. It makes five half cup servings, which for me is five meals when I add meat and veg to it.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That salmon looks goooood! Just a note to remember to log any oils/butter if you've used them in the cooking process.
  • CBR500
    CBR500 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Only used. Squeezed lemon and pepper :)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @cbr500...Your dinner looks really good.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    What time should I be there?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I put 3 cups of uncooked rice in the pan but when it was cooked I took out a cup using the same measure for myself and the rest my partner had.. Well what he could eat.. Is that not right?

That sounds like a lot of rice. I cook 1 C dry and eat 1/2 C cooked rice with lots of meat and veggies. The bag says a serving is 3/4 C cooked. My fiance probably has a cup of cooked rice. There's at least one serving left over that I send home for his mom and possibly another serving for me. Rice is problematic for me so I only make it once per week.

When I make rice, usually basmati, I put one cup of uncooked rice and 1 and 1/2 cups of water in my rice cooker. It makes five half cup servings, which for me is five meals when I add meat and veg to it.

As I made smaller and smaller servings, the rice would get burned and stuck to the cooker. So I bought this little gem. It was more like 30 bucks when I got it. Now I weigh the 49g / quarter cup uncooked serving for meals and nothing burns or sticks
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your dinner looks lovely

On a completely irrelevant note I only like my carrots in baton shapes .. I don't like the taste when they're in circles

I've always found that odd .. it's like it changes the overall taste .. I think it's the proportions of inner bits to outer bits

*wanders off shaking her head and being generally irrelevant*
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    o3wncucm6mp2.jpg

nom nom nom

• arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    re: your fitbit & adding calories, I would use your weight loss progress as your guide to tell you whether to add calories or not. I would not add more calories unless or until you are meeting or exceeding the rate of loss that you are set up for (ie: 1-2 pounds / week). If you are not loosing weight, do not add calories (period).