Feel frustrated!

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    sorry leaves it to others with more patience :)

Good luck on your journey, hope you do well.

• WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    like i said its the logging The juice the rice it all is wrong. Couple hundred here couple there. it all adds up.

Here another one or maybe she only ate one but her log says 8 biscuits

she logs
    Fox's - Party Rings Biscuits, 8 biscuit 224 calories

when you go to the fox's site you will see that 1 biscuit is 118 calories when she had 8 biscuits that would be 8 times 118 calories ( according to the Fox site.)

Now i can be all wrong here. And maybe she only ate 1 biscuit...but i really see 8 biscuits in her log. So that should be over 900 calories!????

Now i am getting confused lol
    oh well No use at all i think

I tried

I looked them up too, they are 28 cals a biscuit, here http://www.foxs-biscuits.co.uk/biscuits/Party/
  • WhatLouAte
    I did notice that the cottage pie on one day has 1200mg of sodium and on another day the same one has 2mg. Did you just eat cereal for the day yesterday as nothing else was logged?
    Even when you scan a packet you have to double check it as some of the nutritional info can be missed out, especially sodium.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    like i said its the logging The juice the rice it all is wrong. Couple hundred here couple there. it all adds up.

she logs

when you go to the fox's site you will see that 1 biscuit is 118 calories when she had 8 biscuits that would be 8 times 118 calories ( according to the Fox site.)

Now i can be all wrong here. And maybe she only ate 1 biscuit...but i really see 8 biscuits in her log. So that should be over 900 calories!????

I tried

I looked them up too, they are 28 cals a biscuit, here http://www.foxs-biscuits.co.uk/biscuits/Party/

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of ordering this? :D "perfect colorful finger foods - mainly because they fit on one!"
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

she logs

I tried

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of ordering this? :D "perfect colorful finger foods - mainly because they fit on one!"

Do you not have them where you are?! Party Rings are pretty much the epitome of every English child's birthday party-it an't a party unless you have Party Rings!

You truly are missing out :p

(I know i said i wasn't going to post here anymore because i was frustrated, but i HAD to reply to the party ring thing).
  • WhatLouAte
    Love a good party ring! although haven't had one of those for a long time. Perfect dunked in tea :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Aww man, I knew I hadn't started living yet. This just confirms it! :laugh:
  • CBR500
    CBR500 Posts: 67 Member
    The orAnge squash is the sugar free one and has only 11 calories per 100ml but will log it from now on
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    I use squash as hate plain water! I like mine quite strong so would be worth measuring just how much a serving is when you next make a glass up.
  • CBR500
    I have done.. 100ml of dilute is 11 calories and that makes up enough to fill my 750ml bottle when topped up
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    CBR500 wrote: »
    I feel like just giving up :(

Hey, dont give up! :-) and don't get bogged down by feeling you're being told off. People here are honestly trying to help although it sometimes doesn't sound that way. Be patient with yourself, establish good routines and trust your body to catch up - I've been stuck on a bloody annoying plateau for some maddening 8 weeks in spite of exercise & deficites. Sometimes it just takes time or a change of routines? Different exercise? No cordial? More breakfast less dinner? In any case - don't give up after & give yourself time. We're not machines :-)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I put 3 cups of uncooked rice in the pan but when it was cooked I took out a cup using the same measure for myself and the rest my partner had.. Well what he could eat.. Is that not right?

That sounds like a lot of rice. I cook 1 C dry and eat 1/2 C cooked rice with lots of meat and veggies. The bag says a serving is 3/4 C cooked. My fiance probably has a cup of cooked rice. There's at least one serving left over that I send home for his mom and possibly another serving for me. Rice is problematic for me so I only make it once per week.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Please look at the bigger picture, OP! Rather than focussing on how you measure your rice, just make a conscious effort to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. The more you log, the better you will get at it. Weigh everything you eat, even packaged foods. Learn proper portions.

Take measurements and progress photos. Trust your Fitbit. Most of all, be patient! This process is going to take way more than just twelve days.
  • CBR500
    Well everything is logged for today and have weighed everything to double check it was what it said it was and to my shock all was under what the packaging said..
  • CBR500
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Mmmm your dinner looks delicious!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Love your plates as well!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I put 3 cups of uncooked rice in the pan but when it was cooked I took out a cup using the same measure for myself and the rest my partner had.. Well what he could eat.. Is that not right?

That sounds like a lot of rice. I cook 1 C dry and eat 1/2 C cooked rice with lots of meat and veggies. The bag says a serving is 3/4 C cooked. My fiance probably has a cup of cooked rice. There's at least one serving left over that I send home for his mom and possibly another serving for me. Rice is problematic for me so I only make it once per week.

When I make rice, usually basmati, I put one cup of uncooked rice and 1 and 1/2 cups of water in my rice cooker. It makes five half cup servings, which for me is five meals when I add meat and veg to it.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    That salmon looks goooood! Just a note to remember to log any oils/butter if you've used them in the cooking process.
  • CBR500
    Only used. Squeezed lemon and pepper :)