Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    and now people wan't to argue with me about what I like my body to look like... guess what ? I already look great, always have. I am fit, healthy and thin, where I'd like to be. You know what Alan said to me when I first sent bikini pics to him a few years ago? "Don't change a thing." In my diet and so on. You all seem to respect him so I'm throwing it out there. I am happy! healthy! thin! It's MY body, and I love it.

No one cares. You're attention seeking again and showing no interest in actually helping the OP.

Glad you said it, I have noticed this before in other threads.
    Self obsessed much ?
    No-one cares how thin you are, or how many yoga poses you can do, seriously.
    Stop taking over other peoples' threads.

I didn't. :)

I'm sorry to interrupt this argument, but I just wanted to see which one of those pics you posted was you? I may have missed the answer since this thread has become somewhat confusing. You posted some yoga pics a few pages ago and was just wondering which one was you because they all looked different?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This thread needs an eye-rolling smiley. Page after page of ignorance and foolishness...:tongue:

(The foolishness part was ME reading it all. :wink: )
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OP I'm short like you and so this was interesting to me since I do all kinds of workouts. Out of interest and curiosity I checked into your open food journal and noticed that you are consistently under cals of 1200. I also had a hard time finding the crossfit workouts so I'm wondering if you havent' been logging them and as such are unaware of your net cals which I'm guessing are already sometimes under 1200 cals most days, and then sometimes might but even lower than that when you factor in your workouts. NET cals is what our body is running on when we add the cals we ate and subtract the cals we burned through workouts.

If these are lower than 1200 that means we are going thru the rest of our day on less than 1200 cals which can lead to problems. You might notice a little red warning words on the bottom that says "starvation mode" etc. Usually for most people they can ignore this if it only happens once in awhile. But if it happens enough over time the body might think one is at a loss for food and try to create stores for one's energy. At least that's how I understand it. I think this is what leads to what some call "breaking" one's metabolism.

I went back awhile until I found totally blank pages in your diary so I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it may be the cause for your increase in weight. Your body may be reacting to too few net cals over a prolonged period of time. I think I get the logic of that. I think that's the right logic of how that actually works when it actually does happen which I think is rare because it has to go on for awhile, but might actually apply in your case. Hope this makes sense so you can look into it. You might actually need to eat more. ( Which might not have been clear before since you mentioned paleo and that usually allows freedom from portion control. Also fats. )
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    and now people wan't to argue with me about what I like my body to look like... guess what ? I already look great, always have. I am fit, healthy and thin, where I'd like to be. You know what Alan said to me when I first sent bikini pics to him a few years ago? "Don't change a thing." In my diet and so on. You all seem to respect him so I'm throwing it out there. I am happy! healthy! thin! It's MY body, and I love it.

No one cares. You're attention seeking again and showing no interest in actually helping the OP.

Glad you said it, I have noticed this before in other threads.
    Self obsessed much ?
    No-one cares how thin you are, or how many yoga poses you can do, seriously.
    Stop taking over other peoples' threads.

I didn't. :)

I'm sorry to interrupt this argument, but I just wanted to see which one of those pics you posted was you? I may have missed the answer since this thread has become somewhat confusing. You posted some yoga pics a few pages ago and was just wondering which one was you because they all looked different?

If you are into yoga, my teachers at Prana Vinyasa, Sara and Vaz died in the last year. My teachers, The book will come out soon as the were founders of the International Association of Therapeutic Yoga Teachers. You will see plenty of my pics there.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Edited to delete... Not worth the time.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

If you are into yoga, my teachers at Prana Vinyasa, Sara and Vaz died in the last year. My teachers, The book will come out soon as the were founders of the International Association of Therapeutic Yoga Teachers. You will see plenty of my pics there.

so.... none of them, then. Understood.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options

You don't want to stand in line with me the day before it comes out to get the first copy?!?!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    In! To ogle "bulky" womens
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

You don't want to stand in line with me the day before it comes out to get the first copy?!?!

As lovely as the time with you might be, I can't think of any reason i would buy that 'book'
  • shutupandlift13
    Options

As lovely as the time with you might be, I can't think of any reason i would buy that 'book'

To burn it.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You find it ironic? I like lean long legs, don't wan't short squat ones. My preference. Please don't start arguing with me now.

i dont get what your point is.

again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't lift much weight other than my body. Yoga and such. I look great. My goal is different than others, I like being strong but lean, sexy in my opinion. Call it shallow if you want, I like looking fantastic. Feminine? yes. Strong? yes. Looks good in clothing and naked? yes.

You mean there's a way to increase strength and look good naked without the discomfort and boredom of lifting weights?

My goodness! :love:

Sara, you are correct. I look great now but i like the extra perk my butt gets when I squat :)

Funny, I seem to remember a topic you started a while back about wanting to start weighted squats as you were not getting what you wanted from bodyweight exercises.

Not saying you cannot without lifting weights, I just find this comment ironic.

That comment was not directed at you. It was directed at the person I was quoting (who happened to be quoting you). As far as I am aware you have never made a thread about wanting to do weighted squats.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Actually, I just removed yoga and face pics this morning! lol

Here, watch Adam do mug yoga, haha! http://youtu.be/1sV6aNCHpFw
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You find it ironic? I like lean long legs, don't wan't short squat ones. My preference. Please don't start arguing with me now.

As I note, I was not even responding to you, but I like the response that squats apparently make legs short and squat. See what you just did there? Insulted me for absolutely no reason.

ETA: you should know me better than to assume I would try to force a body type preference on someone or insult someone for theirs. You should also know me better than to disparage yoga or other body weight exercises, which I clearly did not do.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Here, watch Adam do mug yoga,haha! http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=1sV6aNCHpFw&start_at=0&end_at=45

Is this thread about Yoga now?
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara. It was me. Yes, it was ironic, I agree. I tried DB Squats but as you can imagine, my grip gave out before my quads. The nearest I could find was goblet squats and then sandbags, which I still do on Legs day.

Then I progressed through various bodyweight squats and now working on increasing Pistol Squat rep and decided BW was more relevant to my own goals.

Not soapboxing - just answering Sara's comment.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

As I note, I was not even responding to you, but I like the response that squats apparently make legs short and squat. See what you just did there? Insulted me for absolutely no reason.

ETA: you should know me better than to assume I would try to force a body type preference on someone or insult someone for theirs. You should also know me better than to disparage yoga or other body weight exercises, which I clearly did not do.

also, I am pretty sure our leg length doesnt change according to what exercise we do.... I would be willing to give away a few inches if that's the case!:laugh:
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    I wish! lol No, let's get back to the op, it'd rude of us to derail her question with silliness on body preferences.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Here, watch Adam do mug yoga,haha! http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=1sV6aNCHpFw&start_at=0&end_at=45

Is this thread about Yoga now?

We're all here for the same reason.