I get bulky from weights...

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I wish! lol No, let's get back to the op, it'd rude of us to derail her question with silliness on body preferences.

I just read this whole thing and I'm pretty sure you're the one that derailed it with body preferences when you started talking about your own instead of the OPs.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason.

^^ yes, well said.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Actually, I just removed yoga and face pics this morning! lol

Here, watch Adam do mug yoga,haha! http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=1sV6aNCHpFw&start_at=0&end_at=45

Is this thread about Yoga now?

You don't know me! You don't know about my life!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    You find it ironic? I like lean long legs, don't wan't short squat ones. My preference. Please don't start arguing with me now.

As I note, I was not even responding to you, but I like the response that squats apparently make legs short and squat. See what you just did there? Insulted me for absolutely no reason.

ETA: you should know me better than to assume I would try to force a body type preference on someone or insult someone for theirs. You should also know me better than to disparage yoga or other body weight exercises, which I clearly did not do.

Sara, it was not towards you, I've never even seen your legs.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Here, watch Adam do mug yoga,haha! http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=1sV6aNCHpFw&start_at=0&end_at=45

Are we? What reason?
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    I wish! lol No, let's get back to the op, it'd rude of us to derail her question with silliness on body preferences.

I just read this whole thing and I'm pretty sure you're the one that derailed it with body preferences when you started talking about your own instead of the OPs.

I thought the OP said she said she didn't want to look stocky and bulky. My mistake, I'll read it again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Are we? What reason?

375994_sarcasm_sign_zps55445d64.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

You don't know me! You don't know about my life!

Your life is about yoga now, dammit!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    PSA from bumblebums: those women definitely are NOT etoiles_argentees.

This is Tara Stiles, as I said earlier in the thread. I've taken classes from her so I recognize her, and this image was used in an American Apparel ad.
    4479305.jpg

This woman, name currently unknown, mostly seems to come up in image searches for "hot chicks in yoga pants". Yes that's a thing now.
    fit022.jpg

And this is Sara Jean Underwood, whoever she is.
    270312_sexyyoga.jpg?w=300&h=165
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Oh well someone should tell sara then that she may have two sets of boobs, if my eyes are not deceiving me?
  • primdaisy
    primdaisy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get so tired of reading that women can't get bulky if they lift weights. Yes they can and I have in the past. I used to wt lift 3x a wk, and got up to 15lb dumbells for arm work like bicep curls, and 20lbs for lower body work. All my clothes were getting tighter, esp in the butt and thigh area. I don't think I would get as big as a body builder of course, but for me, the muscles get bigger easily. Now I only lift wts twice a week and change up my wt work, doing weight workout DVD's like Jari Love and Kelly Coffee Mayer, and body weight workouts like barre style and ballet workouts. It is a good balance for me and works well. You should find what works for you and that gets the results you are looking for. And of course watch your caloric intake. Good Luck!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    It's 90% diet. Your training has very little to do with your bulk.

That's why lifters bulk and cut and bulk and cut. They don't train differently, they change their diet for the desired result and continue training.

Like. :bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay so back to OP who may have starved to death by now, since we all got sidetracked with yoga and pictures of nobody who's here....

I think she may be actually eating TOO FEW calories rather than too many which paleo may have led the conclusions too. Anyone else see her diary and come to a similar ideas? Please explain why or why not as I might as well get some learnings out of this thread. And hopefully OP is just napping or sunbathing and might find useful info here later.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    This woman, name currently unknown, mostly seems to come up in image searches for "hot chicks in yoga pants". Yes that's a thing now.
    fit022.jpg

I would like to see what this woman looked like before the photo was photoshopped to hell and beyond. Because I even at my absolute skinniest with very, very low muscle mass, I didn't have concave biceps.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

This is Tara Stiles, as I said earlier in the thread. I've taken classes from her so I recognize her, and this image was used in an American Apparel ad.
    4479305.jpg

fit022.jpg

Hahaha! Of course they're not me. I've had enough creeps taking my pics, looking up the location and sending pics showing the front of my house among other things. Public site? You don't seem to realize I have "real life" friends and previous coworkers here too. I know what I look like, so do they. ;)
  • bumblebums
    Options

Oh well someone should tell sara then that she may have two sets of boobs, if my eyes are not deceiving me?

I am learning so much from this thread. Sara Jean Underwood is an adult actress/model. Her breasts have had some help, no doubt for professional reasons.

And, MyChocolateDiet, we resolved OP's issue pages and pages ago--this thread has taken on an independent life of its own.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Worst pic ever but nobody will know it's me in dirty gardening wellies, shorts and a t-shirt. Ha! I have no need to impress internet strangers.

And where are yours? No full body pics I guess. sigh...
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you knew what your lean body mass was before and after crossfit, you could settle the question of whether you've added muscle bulk or gained some fat. Maybe crossfit and paleo are not the combination that works for you. You liked your previous exercise program and your previous diet. Why not go back to that?
  • bumblebums
    Options

4479305.jpg

fit022.jpg

Hahaha! Of course they're not me. I've had enough creeps taking my pics, looking up the location and sending pics showing the front of my house among other things. Public site? You don't seem to realize I have "real life" friends and previous coworkers here too. I know what I look like, so do they. ;)

I know that, etoiles. I knew that these women weren't you from the first post in which you included those images. I was explaining this to the rest of the people in the thread who seem to be confused about it.

I am sure you are very popular online and with your friends and previous coworkers. You do not need to assure me of your need to privacy. Pro tip: real stars wear baseball caps and sunglasses everywhere they go. Try it, you'll be even more of an enigma. Fer realz.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

She's just got a larger ribcage. I have the same issue, except my actual boobs aren't nearly that big.