Your latest NSV(s)

Options
Hi team MFP. I'm having a very positive day and I'd like to share it with all of you. I am a third of the way through my journey so today I am reminding myself of how far I've come to propel me into the next two thirds.

My first third NSVs are:
- Getting back into my size 12 (AU) jeans
- Donating a number of my larger items
- Having a lovely moment this morning when I looked in the mirror and truly admired my tummy and emerging waist
- Being told I'm "looking very lean" my friend's fabulous hubby who I rarely see
- Making green smoothies a habit
- Slowly educating myself on macros
- Controlling and slowly conquering my emotional eating: Last Friday a colleague was absolutely horrible to me. Old me would have ordered a pizza, some dessert and sugar laden drinks all weekend. New my blew off some steam with a few drinks on Friday night and swiftly moved on!
- Correcting the above sentence from "I'm only a third of the way though my journey" to "I am a third": don't play down how much you've achieved!

Hit me with your latest and/or greatest NSVs & keep being awesome!

Love, Liv

Replies

• winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your having a great day! My latest NSV would be stepping up my walk when a 70 year old woman passed me! She was in great shape and I was like I should step it up a knotch...so I did! Shaved off 5 minutes on my walk! Another NSV was fitting into a pair of shorts that was pretty tight a few weeks ago!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

It was yesterday, but I'm starting to see the thin person I will be. Face, arms, finger, waist, even legs (not upper thighs!) - they're all starting to look closer to thin. I kept looking at myself and thinking, "This is me" and "I'm going to get there."

It was fun. :)
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    jburke141 wrote: »
    Sounds like your having a great day! My latest NSV would be stepping up my walk when a 70 year old woman passed me! She was in great shape and I was like I should step it up a knotch...so I did! Shaved off 5 minutes on my walk! Another NSV was fitting into a pair of shorts that was pretty tight a few weeks ago!

Yay! Congrats on your new pb! ;)
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Congrats on your success!

It was yesterday, but I'm starting to see the thin person I will be. Face, arms, finger, waist, even legs (not upper thighs!) - they're all starting to look closer to thin. I kept looking at myself and thinking, "This is me" and "I'm going to get there."

It was fun. :)

You absolutely are going to get there. Enjoy watching that person form :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Nice on controlling your emotional eating! That's one of the hardest things for me to over come....

NSV I am SO SO SO SO SO close to doing a perfect form pull up. I have never been able to do a pull up in my entire life so this is HUGE for me.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did my very first chin up (in my life) over the weekend.
  • ShyPanda93
    ShyPanda93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I was ashamed to admit last week that I couldn't do a single pushup. Today I noticed my knee pushups were incredibly easier, so I attempted a full fledged pushup and I could do the namesake! however I still cannot lower myself to starting position without my arms giving out. In another week I bet it will be a full pushup or five!
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    45 lb squat was tough 3 weeks ago, now it feels like nothing :)
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I got honked at while walking/jogging around town [for exercise]. I was also flirted with this weekend at the Wal-mart. S'been a while, I didn't realize until he outright asked if I had a boyfriend.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The annoyance of having to buy new pants for work. Is that a nsv?

• Livgetfit
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Totally!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

Totally!

I used to wear 127cm pants I believe. I own 127cm pants unsure if I wore them or bought them pre-emptively for gaining weight.

Now my 112cm pants are lose, bunching up.

• Livgetfit
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

Totally!

I used to wear 127cm pants I believe. I own 127cm pants unsure if I wore them or bought them pre-emptively for gaining weight.

Now my 112cm pants are lose, bunching up.

This awesome, so happy for you
  • porsiempre31
    porsiempre31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was able to hold my side plank for 17 seconds when last week it was only 12!
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The new smart (UK) size 14 trousers I bought for work in February are too big. I'm going to have to go shopping again...

It might be time to try on my "target" trousers (2 pairs of size 12s that have been sat in the wardrobe for 3 years coz the don't do up)

(Although the gorgeous phase eight dress that didn't quite hang right now looks great. Yay!)
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    I was able to hold my side plank for 17 seconds when last week it was only 12!

This awesome. I'm thinking of doing the plank challenge if you want to buddy up!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My nsv is going away on holiday for two weeks and weighing myself and not gained! !!! Also got back into my 7 mile walks. ..Happy days :wink:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    We went on vacation last week. Last year when we went, my energy levels were horrible. I had to portion what little I had like it was the most precious thing. I went beachcombing with my daughter just once, and when I did, I had needed my cane.

This year? Beachcombing happened every day. Sometimes twice. No cane. At least a mile covered. Additionlly, I walked every day for 2 miles first thing in the morning.

A few years ago, I had to give up our family bike ride on the boardwalk. I no longer had the upper body strength to balance the front of the bike. This year? I had it back and rode the bike with no difficulties.

I was able to not only walk without my cane, but I was able to walk at a pace that kept up with my husband and kids and at times outpaced them.

While we were down there, I still had cheese fries. Twice. I came home half a pound lighter.

In the past, I would have eaten two orders of those cheese fries. While I didn't purposely limit my intake of those fries, I naturally found myself satisfied with just a half an order.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Size 12 bras!!!! This is huge for me as I was a 16. Imagine trying to find a 16A lmfao

Size 14 pants!!!!

7cm loss off my thighs!!!! My thigh tattoo seems to be growing, but apparently it's my thigh shrinking.

Ooh I did my weights in the "scary power cage thingie in the boys section" last week and I will do it again tomorrow

• Livgetfit
    Options
    We went on vacation last week. Last year when we went, my energy levels were horrible. I had to portion what little I had like it was the most precious thing. I went beachcombing with my daughter just once, and when I did, I had needed my cane.

This year? Beachcombing happened every day. Sometimes twice. No cane. At least a mile covered. Additionlly, I walked every day for 2 miles first thing in the morning.

A few years ago, I had to give up our family bike ride on the boardwalk. I no longer had the upper body strength to balance the front of the bike. This year? I had it back and rode the bike with no difficulties.

I was able to not only walk without my cane, but I was able to walk at a pace that kept up with my husband and kids and at times outpaced them.

While we were down there, I still had cheese fries. Twice. I came home half a pound lighter.

In the past, I would have eaten two orders of those cheese fries. While I didn't purposely limit my intake of those fries, I naturally found myself satisfied with just a half an order.

Thank you for saving your amazing story. I teared up a little. Ok a lot. You are amazing.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We should all be proud ☺☺☺