Your latest NSV(s)

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I hiked up the manitou incline in CO springs last week. Its a mile straight up at a 41% grade and extremely physically demanding, it was also 90 degrees! It was challenging but felt great. yip6by65z9u7.jpg
    f6759wpb1q75.jpg
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My three so far are:

1. Seeing muscle definition in my arms - I can wear short-sleeved shirts and camisole tops out in public again!
    2. Cycling to work for a solid two weeks (lol) every day, and feeling it getting easier already.
    3. Going for a bra fitting on the spur of the moment last weekend, and discovering that I've gone down two band sizes and UP FOUR CUP SIZES! Gone from a UK 36DD to 32G, my jaw hit the floor in the changing room! It's a nice excuse to treat myself to some nice new underwear though :P

It's lovely reading all of these, really motivational - well done everyone! :blush:
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The jeans that were way too tight and just barely stretched on two months ago fit very comfortably now.
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I played a full match of tennis last night without being out of breath once. And that was after I had done a 30 minute full body weight/cardio video before it. :D Feeling the good soreness today.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    Great news guys! My smaller bras close!

I put on bra Wednesday that was a little tight and I was wondering why...and realized that I used to have to wear a strap extender to get it to fit :smiley:

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV was making https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-bites/ and stopping eating after just having one.
  • FarahSyria
    FarahSyria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    congrats on your NSVs all :)
    for me:
    1_ i was able to wear a pair of jeans i used to wear on 11th grade (i graduated university a year ago)
    2_ i did a 90min workout the other day (i've never done that in my ENTIRE life)
    3_ now i have more energy i don't feel tired the whole time,as i used to
    and that is all after i lost only 3.5KG (1KG after i started here and 2.5KG before and still have 16.5KG to go :) )
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I finally went shopping for some new clothes and just picked out a few pieces that I thought would be a little tight and see me through the next weight loss phase. When I tried them on at home they were too big and I had to exchange them for an even smaller size! Cloud nine!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I finally went shopping for some new clothes and just picked out a few pieces that I thought would be a little tight and see me through the next weight loss phase. When I tried them on at home they were too big and I had to exchange them for an even smaller size! Cloud nine!

This is wonderful! I dream of putting on a 12 and finding that it is simply too large for me. My 12s are currently fitting perfectly so this is the NSV I'm working towards.

This weeks NSV is a purely mental one:

For the last 2 days i have eaten junk food. I haven't gone way over my calories but I have put things in my body that I'm not proud of.

In the past this has been the straw that broke the camel's journey (mixed metaphors are my jam).

Today I got up and said "Nope, that wasn't good or fair to myself and whatever I have achieved so far BUT those two days will not define me. They will not ruin the last 12 weeks. I'm not getting back on the bandwagon, I'm not "fixing" anything. I'm simply going to remember the respect I have for my body and move forward"

Cmon guys! New week, new victories! Hit me with 'em!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk during lunch yesterday; I ended up walking 4.2 miles in 39 minutes (6.5 mph). Walking. When I got back to work, one of the guys on the floor wolf-whistled at me. I'm a guy, lol.

Ha ha ha - very, very funny! (oh, and great walking!!)
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Finally reached 8 miles on the treadmill in less than 1.5 hours...hope to make it in less today
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Fitting into those pants that have always been just a tad too tight.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    -Being able to jog/run 2 miles without feeling like I am going to fall over and die (three years ago, I felt like I was going to die at a quarter mile of jogging).
    -Actually liking running. I like to turn on Pandora or a few TED talks and use the time to think.
    -My size medium scrubs are way too big... but I'm hoping I can squeeze two more years out of them. I have to wear specific scrubs for nursing school (I might be able to use the scrub pants once I graduate, but the top has the school's logo on it), and they're way too expensive for me to buy a smaller size for only two more years of use (though I'll be wearing them on an almost daily basis the next two years). I'm keeping my fingers crossed I might be able to find someone who is looking to trade scrub sizes.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread. >:)

I had an annoying NSV this week. I moved from a hot climate to a cold climate a few years ago. Changing coat sizes is a PITA and expensive too.

This November I finally found a good price on a lightweight coat. Got it out to go for a walk because we are actually enjoying highs in the 30s. Button holes now wrap 3-4 inches past where the buttons are. Wore it anyway, but annoying because it is only the second time I've used it. :p
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans last year without trying them on not realizing how much weight I had gained. No way were they even close to the button let alone zipping up. I was too embarrassed to return them. Back of the closet they went. I brought them with me when I moved last year...and this week I needed a pair of jeans for a party next weekend. I wear Nike exercise pants DAILY and they stretch and always seem to fit. Anyways....the jeans fit..hubby said they were a little too loose in thigh area but I will take it.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    My husband picked me up for the first time <3
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    On January 2nd, I wore a size 12 black dress to a funeral. It fit well, but that was with Spanx hosiery, excellent posture and a certain amount of holding my stomach in. I will be going to another funeral on Monday, so I tried on the dress yesterday without Spanx. It's looser in the torso now, and I definitely have less bust.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    My two big ones are being able to cross one leg fully over the other instead of resting it on top and...

Ok, depending on the weather, I walk in Target a lot. And there are people who just love to park their carts or selves right in the middle of the aisle. Some of those aisles are pretty narrow too so it can be a nice little obstacle course and I smile every time I whoosh past them without brushing against them/their cart or the shelves.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I worked out yesterday on my day off when I told myself I wasn't going to move at all. Got a kind of minor muscle strain or something going on and wanted to give it a day to heal but, felt super lazy for it and just went super easy.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I had to donate a bunch of my old clothes. Not my fat clothes mind you, just my regular before I had a kid clothes. It's been three years since I was small enough that those wouldn't fit. The cost is a pain (replacing them), but I don't even feel it I'm too happy:)