Your latest NSV(s)

Options

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can look at myself naked in the mirror without wanting to scream in anguish.
  • kfdcem
    kfdcem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going camping next week with my in-laws and I can't wait to enjoy all the active things that I kinda hated last year. My a** is going to fit in the kayaks! The 3 mile walk to the beach is way shorter than my regular walks! I can run with my kid, and climb up hills, and do all those things I've been missing for years. Last year I was sick and fat and tired the whole time. Never again.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    l8knut wrote: »
    Well, I'm still not sure what "NSV" stands for but I was never accused of being too sharp. Anyway, I think I might understand so here goes. I have been doing the MFP for about 50 days so far and yesterday went down another hole in my belt which is a total of 3. I LIKE! All my pants are finally fitting like they were meant to fit.

It means Non Scale Victory and you nailed it! Congrats. It's morning here in Australia and this putting me in a great mood. Keep 'em coming fitfamily!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    I can look at myself naked in the mirror without wanting to scream in anguish.

I totally get this. I also find the dialogue in my brain is changing from "I look awful/I hate my "insert ANY body part here"/I am disgusting/I don't want to go outside" to "Improvements here, here and here. Thighs have a way to go but will look awesome when I am done"

Could it be the eternal pessimist is transitioning?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!

Such a motivator!!!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 4-5xl shirts.

Been wearing a xl tshirt lately but figured it's one of this big fit xl where it's actually a 2 or 3 xl in disguise.

Bought an xl tshirt on the weekend that said regular fit and it actually fits just fine. Not tight.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I went for a run on Monday and managed a 12 minute mile, which is by far my best time - a few months ago it would've taken me 20 minutes.
    I'm wearing a pair of high waisted jeans today and the top button used to dig in to my belly fat. It doesn't dig in any more, because the fat is no longer there.
  • kozykondition1
    kozykondition1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk during lunch yesterday; I ended up walking 4.2 miles in 39 minutes (6.5 mph). Walking. When I got back to work, one of the guys on the floor wolf-whistled at me. I'm a guy, lol.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love seeing all these. My most recent would have to be wearing a blue dress without resembling Violet Beauregard. It was pretty awesome.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk during lunch yesterday; I ended up walking 4.2 miles in 39 minutes (6.5 mph). Walking. When I got back to work, one of the guys on the floor wolf-whistled at me. I'm a guy, lol.
    Nine and a half minute miles would have put you in the top third of the 25-29 age group at the last Cowtown 5K run.

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    In the summers I work at my town's town hall, and the woman I work for told me how much healthier, happier and smaller I look! Totally stubbed that I had lost 46lb since I saw her last year! Feeling so much stronger and better these days!!!
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These are really inspirational! I'm smiling just reading this thread :).

I haven't lost enough to buy new clothes, but I've logged into and IN MFP for over a month now and haven't strayed from my calorie goal (even the days I've gone over, I've taken from a previous day's unused calories). That's huge for me, as I've been unhappily starting and stopping plans after a week or two in the last few years.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Kudos. I can't RUN that distance at that speed!

• NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A skirt I bought to deal with the weight I gained actually fits.

Think about that one for a minute.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I hit a 1RM of 100kg on squats on Saturday. Since I weighed in at 98kg at the time, it also means I've finally squatted more than my own weight! It was a good day :smiley:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    spatulamom wrote: »
    These are really inspirational! I'm smiling just reading this thread :).

I haven't lost enough to buy new clothes, but I've logged into and IN MFP for over a month now and haven't strayed from my calorie goal (even the days I've gone over, I've taken from a previous day's unused calories). That's huge for me, as I've been unhappily starting and stopping plans after a week or two in the last few years.

Congratulations! It's all about consistency. As someone who yo yo'd for years, I know how hard it is to stay focused.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Finally under the 120's. I'm almost at my prepregnancy weight of 113.
  • benjitittle
    benjitittle Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When I decided to get back into shape I resolved to do a 100% bike commute a few times a week (12-17 miles one way, depending on the route). Before then I had only been biking to and from the train station, 5 miles each way... and sometimes I was cheating on the way home by hopping a bus.

After my first commute home (2 weeks ago), I staggered into the bathroom for a cold shower and was a zombie for the rest of the evening... it highlighted how out of shape I'd become and strengthened my resolve. Since then, I've wound up commuting *both* ways almost every day, most-often opting for a 16 mile route. Last week I biked 122 miles.

So, NSVs for my first 2 weeks:
    • I'm no longer a zombie after my commutes... I feel great, aside from a few instances of soreness & fatigue -- which have gone away when I take it easier for a day.
    • I no longer feel out of breath after jogging a short distance or going up the stairs quickly.
    • I'm really, really enjoying and looking forward to my commutes, which is something I can't say for any other sort of cardio workout... of course, it helps that I live in the SF Bay Area, so there's a good bike route network and the weather has been wonderful.
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Three weeks walking into a walmart, figuring what the hell lets try on a 2XL shirt... and it fit! Holy *kitten* I no longer have to go to a speciality store to buy clothes. I think that has been the most exciting thing that has happened to me since I started. I tried on an XL shirt knowing full well that it wouldnt fit.. and it didn't, but it was close. I know that in about 2-3 months I should be able to fit into XL.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Realizing that most medium shirts are starting to not fit me correctly (too big). I started out as an XL.