Your latest NSV(s)

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    most recent? wearing a shirt that i bought several months ago that was too small and looked horrible on me - too tight, fat rolls on my back etc - wore it the other day and it looked nice (and NO ROLLS! LOL!)
  • Rubyew
    Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went to a party on Saturday night in clothes I never thought were for me... just for pretty slim women. I had high heels, white jeans and a gorgeous peach coloured top. I got so many compliments and lots of how have you done it? What is your magic trick? It has taken me 53 weeks to lose 51lb in weight. No pills, no shakes, no WW or SW. Just me, less food, loads and loads of miles walked. Oh and I do believe there are some more NSVS... :):)

Well done everyone, never compare yourself to others, just to yourself last week, month. Progress not perfection.

xxxx
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Well, I kept wearing my maternity clothes until they were falling off/holey, then I moved down old clothes until my smallest jeans started needing hitching up, and my toddler would point to my thigh and worriedly tell me "holes in pants, mummy!"... I hate clothes shopping but need to leave the house, so clothes shopping I went...

Toddler fell asleep in the car but my mum was with us so she stayed with her and I had half an hour to get sorted with baby on board. I raced into the jeans shop, shop assistant comes up to me and asks if she can help. "What size are you?" she asks. "Size 12(au)??? I have no idea? Babies, weight gain, weight loss, body destroyed! Maybe 14?" I reply. "12?" she looks at me "I don't think so..."
    10 minutes later I leave the store with a pair of size 10 and a pair of size 9 jeans (lol, I prefer the American sizes, 6 and 5 sound better!)

I think I'd forgotten what clothes that fit feel like.

• Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Well, I kept wearing my maternity clothes until they were falling off/holey, then I moved down old clothes until my smallest jeans started needing hitching up, and my toddler would point to my thigh and worriedly tell me "holes in pants, mummy!"... I hate clothes shopping but need to leave the house, so clothes shopping I went...

Toddler fell asleep in the car but my mum was with us so she stayed with her and I had half an hour to get sorted with baby on board. I raced into the jeans shop, shop assistant comes up to me and asks if she can help. "What size are you?" she asks. "Size 12(au)??? I have no idea? Babies, weight gain, weight loss, body destroyed! Maybe 14?" I reply. "12?" she looks at me "I don't think so..."
    10 minutes later I leave the store with a pair of size 10 and a pair of size 9 jeans (lol, I prefer the American sizes, 6 and 5 sound better!)

I think I'd forgotten what clothes that fit feel like.

This is the dream. I bet you feel fabulous. Congratulations
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    This is the year for my driver's license renewal. Not only do I get to change my weight, but I get to put it at least 10 pounds less than what it says (for years I was way over what it said on my license).

The other day I bought four pairs of capris that were a size 10- I haven't been in that size for 8 years or more.

I was asked "How much weight have you lost?" by a coworker. I also was told by a family member last week that I was shrinking and that I was looking like a "twig."
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats on being a third of your way through your journey. Even though it seems small, it's a big accomplishment to just get that far!
    1. Getting back into the saddle with just being active. Every time I failed with doing regular exercise I've focused too much on how many miles I've done. Now I focus more on time. Twice a week I take a 30 minute walk after dinner, once a week a 60 minute walk after dinner, then on Sundays I have a nice cycling workout in nature with the only goal being enjoying myself.
    2. Doing myself a favor and quitting Weight Watchers and switching to calorie counting. Although I've lost a lot of weight with the program I just knew how to manipulate the numbers too well. Also, I think the free fruit was tricking me into thinking I could eat as much as I want of it.
    3. Loose jeans! Yay!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I moved up to 15 pound free weights for a few of my arm exercises today
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have cheekbones again. I am starting to look like the ME I remember.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Apparently I keep losing fat in my face.
  • serra2009
    serra2009 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm at my 1\2 mark which took me 6 months I've started @ 255lbs an now I'm @ 217.5lbs an for the very first time in my life I've had a cupboard filled with over sized jeans the only thing I have not so slack is a pair of leggings which I had resorted to since my jeans had me uncomfortable my tops from on my waist they've reach my thighs its all about my appearance rather than my weight now.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Even with an IWB holster, I need to use a belt to wear 36" waist Wranglers. I wore 34" ones in high school.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had one on the weekend. Was shopping for clothes, saw a nice dry fit polo on sale and picked out a large, which is new for me as it is (i've been XL or worse for years). Then I noticed it was athletic fit. Having only recently been squeezing into larges I figured that would be a deal breaker, but tried it on anyway. Not only does it fit, I look good in it! And it was only $12. Win-win-win!

I actually thought "NSV" in the moment...it would seem MFP is part of my life now. That may be another NSV!
  • l8knut
    l8knut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still not sure what "NSV" stands for but I was never accused of being too sharp. Anyway, I think I might understand so here goes. I have been doing the MFP for about 50 days so far and yesterday went down another hole in my belt which is a total of 3. I LIKE! All my pants are finally fitting like they were meant to fit.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I were looking at some old photos last night and she saw one before I started on my journey. She was like "Wow, Mom! You can really tell you've lost weight".. Made my day :D
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

My NSV would have to be having to buy a smaller pair of work trousers.

And running for 10 solid minutes for the first time in 2 years without thinking I was dying... :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks ago I got a new skirt, wore it to work, and then fussed with it all day because whenever I'd walk more than a few feet it would ride up. Today I am wearing it and haven't had to mess with it once, even after a long walk through the parking lot.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant right after my basic military training and tech school (where I learned how to do my job in the Air Force). I started wearing maternity uniforms very soon and then when I gave birth, I was 2 sizes bigger in my uniform. Last Thursday, on a whim, I tried on my basic training uniform and it fit for the first time in nearly 4 years. I almost cried. Now, I've been wearing it all week - even though it is winter weight (thicker) and it is about 105 degrees every day here. I'm just so excited!!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!

Went on a 2 week vacation and did something active everyday without being overly tired - Came back a pound lighter (After plane/travel water weight came off)

Over the last few weeks, people have off handedly commented how athletic I was. Was about to correct them but actually, hell yeah I do a lot of exercise, I'll take it.

Went shopping - sooooooo much easier to find stuff that fits already. Now if only I could lose another inch or so around my thighs...
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fit back into a dress that looked roll-y and awkward at the start of my MFP journey!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    dirty looks from ow sedentary co workers. at first i got very upse then i thought no...i am going to take this as a compliment.